Starr, Favre listed among top 10 QBs of all time

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dan Marino, John Elway, Warren Moon. None of them in the top 10. The list has no credibilty. I'm not wasting another minute reading or thinking about this article.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Peyton shouldn't even be on this list. Marino, Namath, Bradshaw, Elway, Greise (Bob), Aikman... every single one of these guys should be ahead of Manning at least, if not Brady as well.

I agree. Some greats were missed.

Here is my list.

1. Johnny Unitas
2. Sammy Baugh
3. Brett Favre
4. Bart Starr
5. Joe Montana
6. Joe Namath
7. John Elway
8. Roger Staubach
9. Terry Bradshaw
10. Dan Marino

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These are my top quarterbacks that I've seen play since Ive started watching football, ranked against each other in 5 different categories. The 1-5 is how I rank them against each other. For example, arm strength, Brett has the strongest so hes 1st, Montana has the weakest so hes 5th. Add up the numbers; and Brett is #1.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

My explanations:

Accuracy: None of these 5 qbs is more accurated than Joe Montana. Steve Young is a close second though. Elway is 5th based on his career comp. percentage of 56.9.

Arm strength: This was actually pretty close. Elway had a cannon for an arm, but Brett's is just a little stronger. I think we would all agree that Montana has the weakest arm of the 5.

Leadership:

This was kind of a tough one. I had no problem putting Brett #1 here, but ranking the other 4 was tough.

Toughness:

Next question....But seriously, Dan Marino is 2nd based on the number of injuries he played through, and still played very well. He didnt move well, and got hit ALOT because of that. He had a 145 consecutive game streak before he hurt his achilles tendon in 1993. Joe Montana was very soft and I ranked him last in this one.

Clutch:
This one was easy. You don't get any more clutch than Joe Montana. His superbowl stats: 11 tds, no ints, 4 wins no losses. End of discussion. Elway is second based on his 47!!! 4th quarter comebacks. And Marino is last based on his bad playoff record.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These are my top quarterbacks that I've seen play since Ive started watching football, ranked against each other in 5 different categories. The 1-5 is how I rank them against each other. For example, arm strength, Brett has the strongest so hes 1st, Montana has the weakest so hes 5th. Add up the numbers; and Brett is #1.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

My explanations:

Accuracy: None of these 5 qbs is more accurated than Joe Montana. Steve Young is a close second though. Elway is 5th based on his career comp. percentage of 56.9.

Arm strength: This was actually pretty close. Elway had a cannon for an arm, but Brett's is just a little stronger. I think we would all agree that Montana has the weakest arm of the 5.

Leadership:

This was kind of a tough one. I had no problem putting Brett #1 here, but ranking the other 4 was tough.

Toughness:

Next question....But seriously, Dan Marino is 2nd based on the number of injuries he played through, and still played very well. He didnt move well, and got hit ALOT because of that. He had a 145 consecutive game streak before he hurt his achilles tendon in 1993. Joe Montana was very soft and I ranked him last in this one.

Clutch:
This one was easy. You don't get any more clutch than Joe Montana. His superbowl stats: 11 tds, no ints, 4 wins no losses. End of discussion. Elway is second based on his 47!!! 4th quarter comebacks. And Marino is last based on his bad playoff record.

To be fair to Marino, he never had a good D. So he'd have to score almost every possession. That don't fly in the Playoffs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts