So Charles Woodson is pretty good...

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saw tonight that he is the first player in NFL history to have all these bullets on his resume:

-Heisman Trophy
-National Championship
-Super Bowl Ring
-NFL DPOY Award

Impressive.

I wonder if when he does retire, if he would want to stay on as a cornerbacks coach? I mean Sam Shields credits his rapid rise to Woodson's instruction, and help in film study. And that dude was as raw as they come when he came to training camp.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it scares me to think Woodson would retire, just flat out depressing...I think we need to develop one more corner & hopefully we do before Wood decides to call it a career

Packman Chant

Lambeau West
Reaction score
Woodson is an amazing CB. Always has been in my opinion. Ive payed very close attention to him on every play, hes incredible.

BigBayBlues

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be awesome to have Woodson part of the Packers staff after he retires. The rapid ascension of our young CBs is a testament to his mentoring ability.

BUT, I don't think we need to worry about him retiring for a few more years. The guy is a freak of nature. He is 34 and still has more athletic prowess in him than guys in the league a decade younger than him.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We got an amazing CB coach already, and Woodson was so far from a team leader in Oakland. I don't think he would be a CB coach.

He is, IMHO, a surefire first ballot HoF, an all time first team Packer, he should have his jersey retired.

I think he's irreplaceable. Nobody can do what he does. When he goes, we're gonna have to refocus our D. I really wanted Earl Thomas in the draft, because he's an hybrid CB/S like Woodson, and we don't have anyone like that on our roster right now.

He'll be hard to replace...

Members online

Latest posts