Notes from Mayock's call today

PackersBacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thought some of you would like this, it's a summary of Mike Mayock's call.

Here is the link: http://walterfootball.com/mayock2015.php

Thoughts on anything? I disagree with the Dante Fowler/ Justin Houston comparison, think they are way different. He also has 8 RBs with 3rd round or higher grades. That's pretty good, I'd like us to pick up a scat back late.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Denzel Perryman is there when we pick in round 1, we better pull the trigger.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't stand Mike Mayock

His daughter on the other hand... :tup:

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

It is a deep running back class...they showed up at the Senior Bowl, and then there are the big names who were not present. Harris is a FA, and Starks will be a FA after 2015. Harris hasn't done much in KO duty. An upgrade might be in order in the middle rounds.

The QB class is very weak, again. Beyond the top 3, who have issues of their own, you're looking at a bunch of projects...they all looked pretty bad at the Senior Bowl even though blitzing is prohibited in that game. Only 15 QBs were invited to the Combine, the lowest count since 2002.

There has been virtually no discussion of the fact that the Packers have only one QB under contract. The bad draft class and FA group makes it a necessity that Flynn be re-signed.

H

HardRightEdge

Tolzien has more upside than Flynn, I want the Packers to re-sign him. I would be OK with them bringing both back though.
We disagree on this point. I'd rather not see Tolzien in a regular season game again. That said, finding a developmental replacement behind Flynn does not look promising this year, nor does the vet free agent class for a Flynn replacement, so I'd expect both will be back. Neither will cost much, which is a point in their favor. But I don't have to like it. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thought some of you would like this, it's a summary of Mike Mayock's call.

Here is the link: http://walterfootball.com/mayock2015.php

Thoughts on anything? I disagree with the Dante Fowler/ Justin Houston comparison, think they are way different. He also has 8 RBs with 3rd round or higher grades. That's pretty good, I'd like us to pick up a scat back late.

Curious why you don't like the Houston-Fowler comparison? Very similar size, both have/had experience playing OLB and dline...I guess I could see someone saying that Houston really only had one skill coming out of college (luckily rushing the QB is a REALLY IMPORTANT skill) but Fowler has done more in college.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Attachments

• mayock.jpg
    mayock.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 306

Members online

Latest posts