Last Night's Game: The Rest of the Story

Jim Lite

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have it on good authority, that shortly before kickoff time, word came of an insidious terrorist plot against the Green Bay players. Owing to security concerns, instead of the actual team, they had their emergency squad of Packers ringers suited up. As seen on TV, the Bears proceeded to wipe the field with this fake Packers crew.

At halftime, after extensive and thorough security checks, this conspiracy theory was determined to be a false alarm, and the all clear directive was issued. The #Real Packers then took the field, and were just bearly able to make up for lost time.

Last edited:

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have it on good authority, that shortly before kickoff time, word came of an insidious terrorist plot against the Green Bay players. Owing to security concerns, instead of the actual team, they had their emergency squad of Packers ringers suited up. As seen on TV, the Bears proceeded to wipe the field with this fake Packers crew.

At halftime, after extensive and thorough security checks, this conspiracy theory was determined to be a false alarm, and the all clear directive was issued. The #Real Packers then took the field, and were just bearly able to make up for lost time.

Looks like the Lions played their emergency ringers all night against the Jets...….

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish this was true, because then it would be the imposter Aaron Rodgers knee that is hurt...

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
What the hell happened to the Lions?

They are the Lions, what would you expect to happen to them?

Jordy had a pedestrian performance last night 3 catches for 23 yds and a 7.7 average. Still too early to say, but so far, looks like a good move on Gutes part.

Now Jared Cook on the other hand, 9 catches for 180 yds!!! Ouch to have replaced him with Mo Bennett and well.....still hopeful on Jimmy G.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
According to Colin Cowturd "Sam Darnold happened to the Lions!"
He's also the one that says Aaron Rodgers isn't better than Tom Brady because 8 is better than 1, yet he acknowledges that the only reason he doesn't have more Super Bowls is because he doesn't have enough support.

I like some of his content, but he talks out of both sides way too much for my liking.

He actually tried to make an argument that Rodgers' all time best TD/INT ratio was overrated because he likes his quarterbacks to take more chances.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's also the one that says Aaron Rodgers isn't better than Tom Brady because 8 is better than 1, yet he acknowledges that the only reason he doesn't have more Super Bowls is because he doesn't have enough support.

I like some of his content, but he talks out of both sides way too much for my liking.

He actually tried to make an argument that Rodgers' all time best TD/INT ratio was overrated because he likes his quarterbacks to take more chances.
He was a big fan of Favre's. In fact, I think some of his resentment toward Green Bay and Rodgers is because he said it was a mistake for Ted to let Favre go, and he doesn't like that Rodgers proved him wrong.

As for Brady, some people will only value championships, and a lot of those people are in the media. Cowherd recently said that the reason Brady doesn't get hit as much as Rodgers is because Brady audibles out of it pre snap. Whereas Rodgers doesn't avoid the danger as much, but relies on his legs, wits, and talent to get him out of it. I don't know if that's true, but it's an interesting viewpoint.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Don't a lot of Packer fans say Starr is better then Rodgers or Favre because 5 is better than 1.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really miss Cutler!!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Me too, Last Friday I had another Packer fan telling me how much she hated the Bears because she hated Cutler. I'm sitting there like, what's not to love about the guy in a Bears uniform. I thought he was great. I hope they have 10 more just like him for as long as i'm alive :)

OP
OP
Jim Lite

Jim Lite

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All seriousness aside, Sunday night's game was reminiscent of games I remember from the sixties.
The Pack would be down by 3 TD's, at the half. But after Vince had words with them in the locker room, a totally different team would emerge to take the field. You could see their electrified aura in the lineup, as they reversed the momentum to come up with another unlikely win.