Guess Kolb really is helping the Cardinals win after all....

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...-calling-out-eagles-plays-to-arizona-defense/
f you watched Wednesday’s PFT Live, you heard Cardinals quarterback Kevin Kolb telling Glen Macnow and Anthony Gargano of 94 WIP in Philly that, during Sunday’s game at Philadelphia, Kolb was calling out the Eagles’ plays to the Arizona defense.

If you didn’t watch Wednesday’s PFT Live, thanks for nothing.

The entire interview is posted at the WIP website, and Sheil Kapadia of philly.com has transcribed portions of it.

“During the two-minute drill, you almost feel guilty,” Kolb said. “Mike’s sitting there giving the signals, and I’m standing there on our sidelines, screaming at our corners, ‘Hey it’s a go ball, hey he’s running a screen, hey he’s running a slant.’”

It’s unknown whether and to what extent all of the struggles of the 2011 Eagles can be blamed on coach Andy Reid. The failure to change signals and formations and other things that a guy who spent four years with the team as a quarterback could use to help an opposing defense falls squarely on Reid, especially since Reid knew that Kolb likely wouldn’t be playing — and thus able to loiter on the sidelines when the defense was on the field, in lieu of working with the offensive coaches.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
***** but still he's a joke.

Before the season started, the media pumped this kid so up on hype, and I'm pretty sure the Eagles would have been 7-9 at best had he played the entire season. He goes to Arizona, and has one of the best WR's in the game on his team, and he still can't do anything.

It really is hilarious how any quarterback that plays for the Eagles becomes a star just because that. Kolb was supposed to be the next Kurt Warner, (yet they never mentioned how many interceptions he threw in Philly, or how bad he lost them games) then even going back to A.J. Feeley, they thought he was going to be awesome, and he fizzled out, did nothing. But it all starts with McNabb, even after blowing the Super Bowl, they kept him hyped up, as they are doing Vick now. So who ever is the back up of the Eagles Vince Young or who ever else, once they win one game, the media is going to be all over them, you can count on it.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I agree with the writer. This happens all the time and it's Reids job to change up the plays and formations. Always thought Reid was a pretty good coach, but this is just dumb dumb dumb.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
***** but still he's a joke.

Before the season started, the media pumped this kid so up on hype, and I'm pretty sure the Eagles would have been 7-9 at best had he played the entire season. He goes to Arizona, and has one of the best WR's in the game on his team, and he still can't do anything.

It really is hilarious how any quarterback that plays for the Eagles becomes a star just because that. Kolb was supposed to be the next Kurt Warner, (yet they never mentioned how many interceptions he threw in Philly, or how bad he lost them games) then even going back to A.J. Feeley, they thought he was going to be awesome, and he fizzled out, did nothing. But it all starts with McNabb, even after blowing the Super Bowl, they kept him hyped up, as they are doing Vick now. So who ever is the back up of the Eagles Vince Young or who ever else, once they win one game, the media is going to be all over them, you can count on it.

You know I hope Vick sits Sunday night. He is part of the problem. I want to see what Vince "just wins/dream team" can do with the Eagles offense

He's an idiot but an idiot who may be tougher to bring down then Vick due to his size and strength. Vick is turning into a human pinata. When the Colts played the Titans in our prime we often had Bob Sanders shadow him.

Please tell me that Vince "dream team" Young is starting Sunday night Please......the dude is a hot mess at times. He basically almost killed himself with the Titans I think one time after Titans fans booed him at home. Jeff Fisher I think had to go looking for him at like 1 am word was.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
You know I hope Vick sits Sunday night. He is part of the problem. I want to see what Vince "just wins/dream team" can do with the Eagles offense

He's an idiot but an idiot who may be tougher to bring down then Vick due to his size and strength. Vick is turning into a human pinata. When the Colts played the Titans in our prime we often had Bob Sanders shadow him.

Please tell me that Vince "dream team" Young is starting Sunday night Please......the dude is a hot mess at times. He basically almost killed himself with the Titans I think one time after Titans fans booed him at home. Jeff Fisher I think had to go looking for him at like 1 am word was.

I never was impressed with Vince Young.
They blame it on putting him on the cover of Madden, but all together, sometimes he looked great, then he'd look terrible.

If he's starting, it won't matter, I still have the Giants winning this one, then we can finally stop hearing about how the "dream team" is going to still make the playoffs. Even losing 6 games, I still hear about them.

Vick is a problem, strongly agree there. Looking back, he got 3 coaches fired from Atlanta, and I know Andy Ried is not that great, and he's a problem too and has a history of problems (not switching his game plan when it's failing has been his entire career of losing in the playoffs or Super Bowl) and even more recently, I think he was stupid to make his offensive line coach the defensive coordinator, that don't make a lick of sense, but Vick makes it even worse.

Michael Vick will always be a poor man's Steve Young in my eyes, because he's still trying to run around more than throw the ball, and when he does throw the ball, where it's going to end up is a mystery, as his entire career has been over throwing passes to get intercepted and barely completing over 50% of them at that. At this point in his career, Vick should be throwing the ball more than running, but that's really the only thing that has kept him going. He's not a guy I would depend on to put 40 passes in the air and win a playoff game.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The reason Reid can't change his play calling is because Vick doesn't learn very well,he can't read defenses that is why he is always running for his life. Plus like in Atlanta he wants the show all for himself,for him he is the team me myself and i,Young will be playing on Sunday hope they brought enough diapers for him,like vick he will be running a lot,and he will boo-hoo a lot when things start going down hill who is their 3rd stringer,think he needs to be ready with all that drama,dream team to nightmare team don't see them getting into playoffs.

OP
OP
Jules

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
Now I hear Vick may play Sunday with no practice all week? For Gods sake just sit him. I want to see some excitement. You know I pick the Giants but the Eagles have had their number at times and VY is 2-0 vs. the Giants.

Still picking the Giants. A must win for them with the Saints/Pack coming up.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
The reason Reid can't change his play calling is because Vick doesn't learn very well,he can't read defenses that is why he is always running for his life. Plus like in Atlanta he wants the show all for himself,for him he is the team me myself and i,Young will be playing on Sunday hope they brought enough diapers for him,like vick he will be running a lot,and he will boo-hoo a lot when things start going down hill who is their 3rd stringer,think he needs to be ready with all that drama,dream team to nightmare team don't see them getting into playoffs.

Cam Newton is what Michael Vick should be this far into his career.
Newton was known as a running in college, he still has his moments, but he's putting huge numbers in the air every week. I think it really helped the kid having Moon telling him to throw and not run, and Vick didn't have that, but if I was Vick I'd be embarrassed watching that kid play. Not only can he throw, but he's actually accurate on deep ball, where Vick is still over throwing receivers, and is not accurate at all.

Vince Young is a bust, and I'll never not see him as one. Him making the pro bowl with just 10 TD's and 7 INT's proved once more how much of a popularity vote that thing is, cause it didn't make sense since he didn't bring them to the playoffs. I also think he shouldn't have made the pro bowl back in 2006 with one more interception than touchdown, and a barely 51% of completions. Vince was one of many Jeff Fisher mistakes in Tennessee.

Well the word is in, Vince Young is starting! Expect some super Me Me Me plays, as if Vick was still out there.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with the writer. This happens all the time and it's Reids job to change up the plays and formations. Always thought Reid was a pretty good coach, but this is just dumb dumb dumb.

Mr StyleZ this has absolutely nothing to do with your post.

But could you screenshot this and add it to your avatar?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!