*CONFIRMED* from inside source...

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the story posted in the thread above this one is false.

According to that, Harris is going to play this year and report to Training Camp. He'd like a new deal sometime before or during the season. If he gets one then all is great.

Now next year if he doesn't have a deal, he could hold out. Right now though. Don't worry so much. He'll play this year and come to TC. That's the most important things.

Reaction score
Well we recieved this PM today, from someone we trust that has inside connections to the Packers:

Just spoke with my friend who noted their paper contacted Harris' agent today(on a beach in the Bahamas) and were told that Harris would like to see his contract sweetened, however he will not handle the situation like Walker. He will report to MANDATORY camps and play for a better deal hopefully sometime during the season.

If this does not happen, next offseason could be a different story.

BTW: Although he had no names, their reporters noted many verterans were absent for the start of this camp.

As I stated above, this seals it for me, Harris wants more money.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thats not holding out brutha, big difference.

btw this is pretty much what he said a week or so ago when this story first surfaced. i fail to see the issue here.

Reaction score
Edit - My bad Arrow, it came out wrong. :)

If I remember correctly:

Harris's contract last year was 5 years @ 18.635 million. (source)

Woodson's contract this year was 7 years @ 52 million. (source)

However, in reality Woodson's contract has an very high bonus due before the foruth year, a bonus that won't be met by the Packers, thus making Woodson a free agent.

Therefore, Woodson's contract is actually worth 3 years @ 18 million.

Similarly, Harris's contract now is worth 4 years @ 9.55 million in base salary. (source)

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They should keep contracts a secret, so that players don't get ticked when someone else makes more. I don't know how much other people in my company make that have similar positions, and that is how I like it. If I knew that Joe Slouch was making 10K more than me, I would be po'd also.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
thats not holding out brutha, big difference.

btw this is pretty much what he said a week or so ago when this story first surfaced. i fail to see the issue here.

agreed.

when he skips mandatory practices, PM me...

Reaction score
No issue, just letting the word out that Harris is indeed upset over his contract, and that is the reason he isn't at OTA's. Not the excuse he gave a couple of weeks back.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
No issue, just letting the word out that Harris is indeed upset over his contract, and that is the reason he isn't at OTA's. Not the excuse he gave a couple of weeks back.

that isnt what was said at all (in the original post you made)....

I think you're looking at this very wrong.

This is EXACTLY what was said a couple of weeks back. EXACTLY the same.

yikes.

Reaction score
tromadz said:
all about da packers said:

that isnt what was said at all (in the original post you made)....

I think you're looking at this very wrong.

This is EXACTLY what was said a couple of weeks back. EXACTLY the same.

yikes.

Um, I was refering to this when Harris's agent said:

But according to Harris' agent, Jack Bechta, it's because of a personal issue with his parents, not his contract.

Instead, Bechta said his plan of attack might be to try reworking Harris' deal near the end of the 2006 season.

Now, thanks to the source, we know that Harris is indeed after a raise, and not unable to attend because of personal matters. :)

Drich318

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Play this season, and then give Harris a new contract next offseason. Woodson's cap number is gonna go way down next year, so you can give Harris some of that, and we will still have alot of salary space to do other things. Plus the cap will likely raise another 6 to 8 Million dollars.