Zombro breaks Clavicle!!!! OUT INDEFINTELY......??

dogpackerz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers OLB Frank Zombo will miss a "significant" amount of time after fracturing his scapula in warmups prior to the team's second preseason game.
The scapula is another term for the shoulder blade. Zombo might be a candidate for injured reserve, depending on the Packers medical staff's timetable. Zombo and Erik Walden have been rotating with the first-team defense at right outside linebacker, so that job now figures to go to Walden. There have been rumors that Brad Jones, a starter in 2009, is on the roster bubble.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not good. But since no clear cut winner in the OLB comp. the drop off wont be huge. Trusting TT as far as how to handle this one. I think its about 6 weeks to heal from that but I am no dr.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont think Zombo is that big of a loss guys. I think between Jones and Walden they will figure something out if not im sure TT will bring someone in. If you really think about it though, if Ivo is right or lets even say 7 weeks just to give a little more cushion he would be able to be back by Oct 10 and ready for week 6, maybe makes him a PUP candidate?

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not surprising honestly.

what isn't surprising? The fact it was zombo? That he broke it during warm ups? That it was the clavicle? All of the above?

I hate injuries but I imagine this loss will not be significant in on the field success.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, folks.... here we go again. Given last year, we should all be used to this. Another one bites the dust.... yeah anyway... look at those SB rings and Lombardi trophy. Just walk it off, Zombo, walk it off. We got this.

TCHickman24

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets take the advice of Mr. Bob Marley...

"Don't worry about a thing, ‘cause ev-ry little thing gonna be all right."

JoshuaRHuffman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bleh. Plug and play defense. Our big three are still okay. As long as Clay Matthews doesn't get hurt then I wouldn't overreact.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so'oto better keep that drive to make the team, guy like that will be 2010's zombo...packers almost have no choice

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Zombo battling back from injury, again

Frank Zombo proved how tough he was as a rookie last year, gutting it out through training camp and the preseason on a badly swollen ankle. That was child?s play compared to this. It turns out Zom...

Source: Packers.com

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ricky Elmore hasn't looked good out there. I expected him to be more ready, refined than Zombo was.
Elmore accomplished a lot at Arizona, in the Pac-Ten..... figured he'd be more polished and could be another Zombo.

He could catch-on, but so far, he looks lost out there.

Future

He did WHAT?
Reaction score
Probably unintentional but I like "Zombro."

Zombo was going to see significant playing time this year and this is definitely a loss. Walden and Jones have injury issues and I wouldn't feel comfortable with just those two opposite Matthews.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You get hit by john Kuhn.

Not to make light of it, but is Kuuuuuuhhhn now known as "The shoulder blade assassin"?

Honestly...what did he do....turn his head and bump into Zombo's back?

We have seen him run with the rock....like a bull in a freakin' china shop.........

I see Z heading for the PUP list, seeing him ready for the playoffs, ala James Starks.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just another reason to hate the lockout. There's just not enough time to evaluate and get our talent up to speed!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Not gonna lie... i'm a little worried about our depth at linebacker and D-line. Should we think about getting some people in yet?

It's not normally the TT way. If there are two other guys battling for the position, he's not gonna make a move yet. Now if those guys get dinged, he might. We're fine at D-line. I was reading that up around three quarters of the snaps the defense played last year were played with 2 d-linemen. It's the linebackers who are the go to guys in this system.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts