Zombo & Burnett

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like what I'm seeing out of Zombo, I really hope we keep him, I think he can be coached up to be a solid #2 OLB...Morgan Burnett showing a lotta range, the interception might have been a result of the "amoebic" motions of our defense called on by Capers, but still great play, I LOVE what I'm seeing out of Mike Neal...is Jermichael Finley always open??

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have no idea who Zombo is, but he looks great tonight. The Pack need a compliment to Matthews... hopefully he develops

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
zombo looks as good as Brady P. with a possible upside. I still think Brad Jones will be the starter opposite of Mathews.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Zombo made the team tonight. And if he didn't, somehow, we should riot. Worse than we should've rioted after Sutton was cut.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Zombo will make the team and become a fan favorite simply because of his name (and playmaking abilities of course). Another guy making plays tonight was Charlie Peprah.. once again another cool name.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was my first chance to really see Zombo!, and I think he played well. But the guy guy looks a bit goofy. And why does he get to wear #47 which is what Hawk and Matthews # was in college?
I am guessing if Zombo! makes the team, he'll have to switch to a number in the 50's.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No need to worry. Zombo will make the team. Poppinga is not a sure thing though - he is very replaceable and at 31 years old is a fossil in the Packer system, especially as a backup. I like Obiozor over Poppinga, but it probably won't happen.

Also, kudos to Justin Harrell. He is the guy that made the Zombo forced fumble possible. He pushed the pocket, got a hand on Manning, and set up Zombo perfectly.

I'm hoping Harrell makes it--but he looked pretty slow getting up towards the end of his day. Just makes you wonder how his back is holding up. He could be a real help if he's healthy.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldnt be surprised if Zombo started later in the season due to injuries. For a undrafted FA he is a beast

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This was my first opportunity to see the Packers play in the preseason as well.

-Zombo looked really really good for a rookie. He made some great plays but more importantly, he seemed to be in on the action everywhere. I really like his motor.

-Sam Shields, although raw, has an insane upside. I think he showed that with that interception.

-Harrell did look good. Its nice to see him playing. I really hope he can stay healthy.

I think the coaching staff has their work cut out for them in trying to trim the roster down. A lot of players were making strong cases for themselves. It was really exciting to see.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay. I think it's safe to say that:
- Frank Zombo made the team. "Zombonious Maronious" as Kevin Greene calls him has been by far the most productive player on the Packers' front 7 this preseason, with at least 1 QB hurry in every game.

- Sam Shields also made the team. Too much potential, AND PRODUCTION. As a KR/PR, he's terrible. But he has shown tremenduous awareness for someone so raw. This quote: "The route that they ran, they ran it three times in a row. The first time they threw it, it got batted, so he ran it again, and I got my head around me, and the ball was right there." Shows that he's already picking offensive trends and making plays.

- Tim Mashtay also made it. He and Bryan were close, but after yesterday's game, with a much better hangtime than Bryan, and the fact that he has more experience, he made the team.

- Jason Chery will have every opportunity to make this team. Like Desmond Howard in 96, that PR for TD may have granted him a roster spot.

jkrelt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No need to worry. Zombo will make the team. Poppinga is not a sure thing though - he is very replaceable and at 31 years old is a fossil in the Packer system, especially as a backup. I like Obiozor over Poppinga, but it probably won't happen.

Also, kudos to Justin Harrell. He is the guy that made the Zombo forced fumble possible. He pushed the pocket, got a hand on Manning, and set up Zombo perfectly.

Zombo, what a helluva name?!? This guy showed up to play some football last night. There has been buzz about him this past week out of training camp blogs and such. It was nice to see him live up the the hype!

I didn't notice Harrell make the big play.. but thats great. Wouldn't it be nice to see Harrell healthy for a change?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Harrell has the ability to be a solid player for us if he can stay healthy, I think everyone refuses to see the upside of him because of the injuries and the stigma. If anyone has been watching practice you will see him own some of our better o linemen time to time.

Spanish Rose

Cheesehead
Reaction score

was curious about harrell so i watched that play over again.. and it was in fact harrell that made that play possible.. he go great push up the pocket and pretty much handled whoever was tryin to block him.. boy if he can stay healthy we can have one heck of a dline

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
was curious about harrell so i watched that play over again.. and it was in fact harrell that made that play possible.. he go great push up the pocket and pretty much handled whoever was tryin to block him.. boy if he can stay healthy we can have one heck of a dline
Harrell is perhaps the 2nd best pass rushing DL on the team, at least from what has been shown in the preseason (maybe tied with Neal).

But he has struggled against the run.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if he can stay healthy, Harrel will develop to be a pretty good player. He has always had the drive and the smarts just not the health. Hopefully he turned a corner with his health and we will get to see him develop and play like I hope he can.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every time I turned around Zombo was making a play. He will make the team. I will be getting a Zombo jersey for sure.

Members online

Latest posts