1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Zidane headbutts Materazzi - Red Card

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Ryan, Jul 10, 2006.

1. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
  2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
  3. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  4. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Zidane thought he had antlers.....

WRONG! (Saw the new superman movie :wink: )

5. TheStone

TheStone Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    Very sad depature in his last game for the Equipe Tricolor.

He's clearly on of the Top5 players of all time.
    (Pele, Maradonna, Creuff, Beckenbauer, Zidane)

6. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    I seen that on the news yesterday, looked weird seeing someone head butt like that.

7. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    What a dumbass. It's soccer for chrissakes. What did the other guy do.....kick him in the shin?

I know we have a big "soccer fanbase" on this forum but these guys are ridiculous. I tried to watch the game yesterday but damn these guys go down and act like they have been shot by an elephant gun everytime someone touches them. Then they roll around on the ground and hold the game up for 5 minutes, next thing you know they get up and are fine?

To be honest based on the video that headbutt was the most exciting thing to happen in that game. The pregame pagentry and the postgame pagentry was impressive......the problem is they are interrupted by 90 minutes plus of the "game".

In my opinion soccer wouldn't be half bad if they made it full contact. THAT would be a sport worth watching.

8. Ryan

Ryan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Oddly enough I agree with you on some of that DePack. (Please note I have played soccer for almost 20 years now and I still do. I also referee Collegiate soccer as well). The embellishment and diving after every touch or non-touch for that matter, is a joke and it looks ridiculous. I can't stand it when college, HS or even upper level premier players do that when I ref them, so I card that crap hot and heavy. If you get hit, and go down, good, if it's a foul, I will call it.. don't try and BS me for a call. Don't dive when you get in the box or down in the corner because you think the ref can't see what's going on or you know you aren't going to make it to goal and just want a free kick, that's not soccer.

9. bavpb

bavpb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If you want a full contact sports, watch Australian Football or K-1. 8) :wink:

But you are right. That stumbeling and falling is more than astonishing, when you look at the mostly athletic guys and it is pesky as it always interrupts the flow of the game.
    First of all, they want to get free-kicks because of the higher chances to manage a goal and then it often is an instrument to let the time run down. Sometimes its used to get a penalty and sometimes to weaken the opponent because of yellow or red cards. All in all it is an instrument, that becomes rampant.
    Franz Beckenbauer and many others of the officials allready recognised that problem and they think about solutions.
    The change of playing time to net 90 minutes would possibly make a big difference and the dismissal of those "Academy-" players by the spectators (as they did it by booing and whistling for three games at Christiano Ronaldo from Portugal) would influence the game.

10. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    bav.....my son watches K-1 whenever it is on. Those guys are nuts.

Ryan I admire you for being able to play the sport. Those guys are in great shape. I'm sure playing it is much more exciting than watching it. I pull a hamstring just trying to watch. I really do love the whole pageantry of the World Cup.

11. DaBearsrule4ever

DaBearsrule4ever Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What a dumb way to end your career, by headbutting someone. I bet he'll be regreting that for a long long time.

12. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    supposedly the guy who got headbutted was calling the headbutter a terrorist, and he twisted his nipples and stuff(you'd think im making this up, but no)

If someone twisted my nipples...id enjoy it.

13. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    a certified badass..

[​IMG]

14. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    the guy just took it though...that was weird. Obviously things were getting tense between them(nipple biting..er...twisting, and racial slurs)...why not be more aware....that this guy is in front of you looking right at you, sizing you up.

Zidane is a legit heel though, thats for sure.

15. NiVeK

NiVeK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    ho hum....it's soccer/futbol....whatever

16. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    Zidane is innocent, it was Hammer the whole time!!

[​IMG]

17. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    lol, man where do you get this stuff?

18. arrowgargantuan

Ratings:
    +4
    i saw it on another board...borrowed it.

i mean, the gif master cannot reveal his secrets!

19. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8