your worst nightmare

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
not sure if I would ever attend another game or give the nfl another penny of my money if this happened.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
I had to read it twice to really get it,...I think this is just a "checkmate" in the senerio,... at least i'm hoping thats all it is,..If its true,.. I'll be super bummed.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL/Players union best get their act together to avoid a prolonged lock-out, which will sour many fans away from the most popular sports league, in the nation.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The teams might be able to hold out, but it's doubtful the players can. Once they start missing those checks (Some will start missing them as early as this upcoming weekend,) they'll start pressuring their union to just get a deal done. My guess is some owners are betting on exactly this scenario.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
The teams might be able to hold out, but it's doubtful the players can. Once they start missing those checks (Some will start missing them as early as this upcoming weekend,) they'll start pressuring their union to just get a deal done. My guess is some owners are betting on exactly this scenario.

Owner greed (my opinion)

Reaction score
Well on the bright side, we'd be REIGNING SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS for 3 YEARS RUNNING THEN!!!!

But on the dark side, our team is built to win more championships now. Woodson, DD, and half our team aren't getting younger. If I were the Browns or Panthers, I would be estatic.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If a lockout lasts that long I would not be surprised if the USFL started signing players, vets and rookies. they sign one legit big name QB, they have a ton of viewers.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well on the bright side, we'd be REIGNING SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS for 3 YEARS RUNNING THEN!!!!

also would leave us wondering forever if we could of had a dynasty.

But on the dark side, our team is built to win more championships now. Woodson, DD, and half our team aren't getting younger. If I were the Browns or Panthers, I would be estatic.
Yeah, exactly.

Suppose there's no football for 2011.
Then the play in 2012 and Packers don't make the SB. Donald Driver, Charles Woodson retire.
Packers make and win the SB for 2013 season.
Which means that however many years players aren't playing it takes a year off of the playing time for them.

I dunno about you guys, but I want Rodgers to make up for the time he was a back up and I want that time to be consistent without any breaks.

There's only so many years a NFL player is in it and I want the Packers to get the best of all their playing years.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I am sick and tired of hearing about the Lock Out.

You know what? WE MAKE THE NFL RICH!!!
Who else is buying jerseys, tickets, hats, merchandise, cards? Not other countries. We are the ones that work our ***** off and spend our hard earned money on this stuff, least they can do is respect us enough and let us have a season!

I haven't bought a jersey since 2006. My last jersey, which was a green Premier Favre one cost me $120 bucks. That is pricey, and that's why I haven't got around to buying another one yet. I'm not the richest sob on the block after paying bills, and buying groceries, and so on.

Even in NFL Shop they have these "classic players" jerseys, and merchandise. They are making money off of players who haven't played in YEARS. Go through all the 49er jerseys and look at their classic players.
Don't even get me started on ticket sales. Super Bowl tickets ain't cheap, and when a team is hot, the tickets are even hotter (Playoff tickets in the Superdome last year were over a thousand dollars)

The fans is what makes the NFL so great. Look at all the crappy teams that have sucked for so many years. There is still loyal Lions fans if you look hard enough, the Browns still manage to sell tickets even though they have sucked since the Ravens became a team. San Francisco sells out every year, and they are at the bottom of the bucket of their long storied franchise. Even when the Packers were a doormat in the 80's, we were STILL selling tickets! I can go on and on and on.

I want a season next year, they are so rich they can make it happen. If they don't, they are just being greedy. Least they can do is show the fans some respect, since we've been putting money in their pockets for god knows how long.

Members online