1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon... Update: Announcement to be released on MONDAY!

Your Vote For The Packer......

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Raider Pride, Nov 2, 2006.

1. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Who is your vote for the Green Bay Packers’ “Un-Sung Hero Award “after week 8.

I was leaning toward Jennings,… Who expected this much? Then looked at Hawk…….. But I said no! He is not in the class of un-sung….he is a very high draft pick and is a future super star in the making…..

I have come to the conclusion there is only one winner of the Packers week 8…. Un-Sung Hero Award.

Here is ….. Look at the stats.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/stats/leaders/NFC/PNT/2006/regular

Who is your winner?

R.P.

2. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    That's a tough one, but I'd either say Mark Tausher or Ryan Pickett.

3. BlueMoose

BlueMoose Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Tausher.

4. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Two great picks T.O.

But who expected the kid from Canada to end up where he is in the stats, and fix a very poor draft pick from the past. Punting is huge as far as success in our conference with the weather the way it is, and field position so valuable.

Both Tausher and Pickett are right up there, and may indeed better un-sung heros than my pick.

It is Thursday.... Not much to write about on the forum. This post is just food for thought, so I can have some good stuff to read from my brothers and sisters here until Sunday. Sunday there will be plenty to read about here on the Packer Forum.

R.P.

5. steveGB

steveGB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    harris although hes gettin abit of coverage now

6. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Brett Favre he is having fun, he has only thrown 5 picks where as last year he threw 13 and he is 3-4 and not 1-6.

But all the other people listed so far are good picks

7. steveGB

steveGB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    wait no either harris or KGB u guys might not agree with me on KGB but from what I've seen he might not be gettin the stats but hes still putting pressure on the QBs

8. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Kampman last year he got 6.5 sacks this year he has 8.5 sacks in 7 games ! and is leading the NFL in sacks

9. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'd go with Taucher but the St.Louis game is to hard to forget so I'll go for my local lad Ryan. In pre-season everyone here was worried which CFL tream he'd come back to. I don't think they have to worry about that for a long time. As much as Favre isn't considered unsung he is quitely putting together a great year.

10. Yared-Yam

Yared-Yam Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Pickett maybe.

Or Al Harris because he gets no love.

11. SuperRat

SuperRat Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Kampman. He is a beast and you don't hear much about him in the major media.

12. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    mine goes to Scott Wells and the interior oline.

Who woulda thought our running game would be so good UP the middle with the 'bad players' and 'young' and 'inexperienced' players. oh woe is me. right. Wells manned up and our run game up the middle is great. The draw play isnt a joke!

13. steveGB

steveGB Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    i wouldnt say kampman because he is getting recognised and a lot of coverage. therefore he wouldnt be an un-sung hero

14. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Dave Rayner.
    His kick offs are a thing of beauty, he's hitting his field goals and hasn't missed a point after.
    Hardly anyone talks about him.

15. Drich318

Drich318 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My Unsung hero will be Nick Collins. He has struggled this seaosn so far, but will have a big game this week. He'll be brought up to help against McGahee, while the Bills run the ball more. He'll be sent on some more blitzes SINCE wOODOSN APPEARS OUT OF TH GAME. GO COLLINS.

16. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I would say Brett Favre, the man is one tough cookie to still be playing football...

Then after that I would choose Kampman...

17. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Has to be Kampman....he may be getting recognition out there but here on the east coast, other than Packer fans, nobody has heard of him.

18. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Scott Wells is a good one too. He's playing really well right now. Should get his contract extended before the end of the year.

19. scotty

scotty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I like the original post suggesting Jon Ryan. The key word is "unsung" and I'd say punter is probably the least noticed/respected position, at least among fans and media. If those stats indicate Ryan is second best in the league (I haven't looked closely at them, hope it's not because we have more punting opportunities.. LOL) then that would mean he is a huge boon for the Pack, that's a big part of the game.

The ability to pin a team deep almost every time is a huge advantage for your defense and will turn the game over time. Way to go Ryan!

Props also to Kampman, for sure..

I'm a huge Jennings guy but for sure, his praises have been "sung," (and will continue to be :) ) same for Favre, Driver, Harris, Woodson, Hawk, Green et al.