Your thoughts on Vic Ketchman?

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Such an idiot. The latest question and answer session elicited this as part of his response to a fan question.

"I can remember coming to Lambeau Field in the ’80s and being shocked at what a dismal facility Lambeau was"

Don't care for him! Can't imagine many would! Packers could do FAR better than this hack!
Wasn't Lambeau a dismal stadium in the 80's? a 30 year old facility that had never been upgraded. I am sure he was referring to the locker rooms and press box, which is where he lives.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just randomly clicked on other football team's websites to compare or to see if they had an equivalent of "Ask Vic."
Only one I could see was the Broncos. But it wasn't very obvious.
Seems like he really goes overboard. The "Ask Vic" dominates the top of the website before scrolling down.
You go down and you will see plenty of videos, blogs and a featured gallery.
Those are the things that should be speaking up for the Packers.
Not some unsettled guy who isn't from the area who complains about the cold every year and not a true Packers fan.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
The guy knows his football, no questioning that, but the ornery smart alec needs to work on his people skills, and he's still a Prinzer and a Steelers fan at heart. I still enjoy a lot of parts of his column, but Spofford will take over soon enough, and those will be much better days. He's not quite ready yet though.

12theTruth

Ketchman is paid by the Packers to say what Mark Murphy, Tight *** Ted, and the team tell him to say. You will never hear him come close to deviating from the company line. It's simple, follow the money !

LOL. Sure they are. They're paying Vic Ketchman to denigrate the 50+ year old shrine that is Lambeau field by referring it to as dismal. Nice try.

If the corporation were to be as obtuse and sardonic as Ketchman is they would no doubt lose the current sterling reputation that it currently has.

12theTruth

Well they must be doing something right. Packers.com is the most visited team website.

Do you think maybe it's because it is one of the few places remaining to get Packer news for free online? Press Gazette and Journal Sentinel are both behind pay wall.

D

Dan115

Do you think maybe it's because it is one of the few places remaining to get Packer news for free online? Press Gazette and Journal Sentinel are both behind pay wall.

Check out the other teams sites. Packers are by far the best. They have had the best site years before Vic joined them.

12theTruth

Check out the other teams sites. Packers are by far the best. They have had the best site years before Vic joined them.

What I am saying is that people are going to Packers.com for team news, injury updates, and multimedia highlights from the game. The hack which is the subject of this thread has likely little significance as to the popularity of the website.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is a matter of opinion.
I'm sure that each fan of each team will think that his/her team's site is the best.
Thing I noticed when comparing is that the Packers have an old school vibe while other teams feel modern. And I think those reflect in the website.
The Eagles
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/
is real slick looking while the Packers
http://www.packers.com/index.html
just looks more humble or laid back. Which is how I like it.
And the Packers is the only one I've seen so far which has a background picture of it's fans.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
What I am saying is that people are going to Packers.com for team news, injury updates, and multimedia highlights from the game. The hack which is the subject of this thread has likely little significance as to the popularity of the website.
We have all of those things. But it's nice to get some small amount of feedback from someone slightly less tight lipped. I always thought of him as a media liaison type. Someone connected to the franchise the fans could "talk" to.

12theTruth

What a dufus Vic Ketchman is!

See this exchange

Lou from Vancouver, WA

Vic, where was B.J. Raji
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
on that fourth-and-inches call?

If Raji had fumbled, the national media and a lot of Packers fans would be asking: You have a running back that rushed for 103 yards and averaged 7.9 yards per carry and with the game on the line you give the ball to your nose tackle? We need to come to balance.

HELLLLOOO Vic? Lou didn't say Raji was going to carry the ball. Maybe he wanted him to be the lead blocker. Vic's passive aggressive bunk is an embarrassment for the Packer franchise. I'd like to see him answer a question without being pompous as much as he is. In this case he doesn't do the question justice. Instead of bringing the possibility that the questioner may have had another angle on the thought he went into ridicule mode.

And just what does, "we need to come to balance" mean. Sounds like a putdown yet again.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dan115

uote="12theTruth, post: 515071, member: 5878"]If it is indeed there is nothing more shameless than posing on a forum to artificially inflate your status. :tdown:[/quote]
Di

D

Dan115

What a dufus Vic Ketchman is!

See this exchange

Lou from Vancouver, WA

Vic, where was B.J. Raji
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
on that fourth-and-inches call?

If Raji had fumbled, the national media and a lot of Packers fans would be asking: You have a running back that rushed for 103 yards and averaged 7.9 yards per carry and with the game on the line you give the ball to your nose tackle? We need to come to balance.

HELLLLOOO Vic? Lou didn't say Raji was going to carry the ball. Maybe he wanted him to be the lead blocker. Vic's passive aggressive bunk is an embarrassment for the Packer franchise. I'd like to see him answer a question without being pompous as much as he is. In this case he doesn't do the question justice. Instead of bringing the possibility that the questioner may have had another angle on the thought he went into ridicule mode.

And just what does, "we need to come to balance" mean. Sounds like a putdown yet again.

Members online

Latest posts