1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Your thoughts on Vic Ketchman?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Forget Favre, Nov 19, 2011.

1. peteralan71

peteralan71 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +51
    This is a lie. I thoroughly enjoy him. He definitely is very sarcastic and can "get into it" with fans from time to time, but the insight that he provides on a weekly basis, I believe, is a good trade-off. There are probably some things that he isn't as highly educated on as we may want him to be, but he knows a lot more than I do so I like to learn. And as far as him "not being a Packers fan," that is almost a good thing because that means that he is unbiased towards the organization so when he says all the good things about the Packers, you know it isn't a bunch of sugar being blown.

2. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +645
    That was over a year ago! And you DID! So I get an X because you changed your mind? You just like it when your name gets mentioned on Packers.com. I hate YOU with an unquenchable passion.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +645
  4. peteralan71

peteralan71 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +51
    Put on a pair of khakis. You'll feel better.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. peteralan71

peteralan71 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +51
    I thought that was a fantastic article. Even though we lost, we saw an incredible game. No use in letting it ruin our week until the following Saturday. After all, we're still in the playoffs, and we still stuffed the Vikings peckers into the dirt.

6. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Don't we all? :p

7. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +645
    Yes!

8. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +645
    I literally do not own a pair of khakis. Could I borrow one of your 11 pairs, then? And a few dozen polo shirts to go with it?

9. peteralan71

peteralan71 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +51
    I figured that would be your exact response. lol

10. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030

all he's missing is the boat shoes and aviators... maybe a sweater...

11. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +645
    I've got Steve Young and Jerry Rice on my side. You've got Vic. So......

12. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +645
    Yeah, about those things he's "missing"...

13. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    LOL stereotypes

14. Aaron rodgers is god

Aaron rodgers is god Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +154
    I absolutely love him. His smart *** remarks kill me.

15. cupacker

cupacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    He's my favorite columnist. I'm always waiting on his Ask Vic everyday at work so I can have something good to read. I think he's spot on with almost all of his analysis.

For people saying he's a bandwagon fan, he's never claimed to be a Steelers, Jags, or Packers fan. He's a fan of the NFL, and some people don't really understand that train of thought. He loves the human quality of football, and I love his motto: players, not plays.

• Like Like x 1
  16. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    I love his analysis, but I definitely like Spofford better from an aesthetic reading standpoint. Vic has entirely too much distaste for our style of play

17. cupacker

cupacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    That doesn't bother me. He's an old school guy who likes to run the ball and stop the run. He's entitled to like that, just like we're entitled to like any style of play. But you can't deny that he loves Rodgers, McCarthy, TT, Capers, Mathews, etc. He loves our personnel, which is more important to me than him loving our scheme and want we want to do. He admits that all that matters is winning, no matter how it's done.

• Like Like x 1
  18. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    I'm not so certain he loves our personnel. He seems to have greater appreciation for the personnel of our opponents (Lions DL, Vikings Run Game, etc). His "winning is all that matters" mantra seems to be exactly that, a mantra that he uses to remind himself more than anybody else. He's repeating it to remind himself why he's here.

19. cupacker

cupacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    Regardless, I'm not looking for a guy that predicts us to win every single game and is a complete homer. All that does is make you more upset when you do lose. I've been able to deal with losses 1000x better since I started reading his blog, while still enjoying the wins just as much as before, if not more. Every week I still expect us to win, but I also appreciate grinding wins out now, as opposed to wanting to win 55-7 every week. We saw how far that got us in 2011...

My point is, Vic has gotten me to appreciate the game a lot more, to appreciate footballs history a lot more, and to appreciate each and every week. I think that's critical in a sport where the offseason is 3x as long as the season.

20. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Such an idiot. The latest question and answer session elicited this as part of his response to a fan question.

"I can remember coming to Lambeau Field in the ’80s and being shocked at what a dismal facility Lambeau was"

Don't care for him! Can't imagine many would! Packers could do FAR better than this hack!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Vic is this you???

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  22. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,452
    Couldn't agree more......wait, yes I can....agree with you 1000%

That little smart A$$ has never been suited up in pads and has no real time play in the game. He needs to keep his midget mouth shut.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,773
    I'm a big fan of his music...........oh no, thats Hal :p

24. I_am_smoked_cheddar

I_am_smoked_cheddar Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Ketchman is paid by the Packers to say what Mark Murphy, Tight Wad Ted, and the team tell him to say. You will never hear him come close to deviating from the company line. It's simple, follow the money !

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  25. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +481
    I enjoy his articles

• Agree Agree x 3