Your thoughts on Vic Ketchman?

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My brother hates him with an unquenchable passion.

This is a lie. I thoroughly enjoy him. He definitely is very sarcastic and can "get into it" with fans from time to time, but the insight that he provides on a weekly basis, I believe, is a good trade-off. There are probably some things that he isn't as highly educated on as we may want him to be, but he knows a lot more than I do so I like to learn. And as far as him "not being a Packers fan," that is almost a good thing because that means that he is unbiased towards the organization so when he says all the good things about the Packers, you know it isn't a bunch of sugar being blown.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was over a year ago! And you DID! So I get an X because you changed your mind? You just like it when your name gets mentioned on Packers.com. I hate YOU with an unquenchable passion.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score

peteralan71

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was over a year ago! And you DID! So I get an X because you changed your mind? You just like it when your name gets mentioned on Packers.com. I hate YOU with an unquenchable passion.
I thought that was a fantastic article. Even though we lost, we saw an incredible game. No use in letting it ruin our week until the following Saturday. After all, we're still in the playoffs, and we still stuffed the Vikings peckers into the dirt.

cupacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's my favorite columnist. I'm always waiting on his Ask Vic everyday at work so I can have something good to read. I think he's spot on with almost all of his analysis.

For people saying he's a bandwagon fan, he's never claimed to be a Steelers, Jags, or Packers fan. He's a fan of the NFL, and some people don't really understand that train of thought. He loves the human quality of football, and I love his motto: players, not plays.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
He's my favorite columnist. I'm always waiting on his Ask Vic everyday at work so I can have something good to read. I think he's spot on with almost all of his analysis.

For people saying he's a bandwagon fan, he's never claimed to be a Steelers, Jags, or Packers fan. He's a fan of the NFL, and some people don't really understand that train of thought. He loves the human quality of football, and I love his motto: players, not plays.
I love his analysis, but I definitely like Spofford better from an aesthetic reading standpoint. Vic has entirely too much distaste for our style of play

cupacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love his analysis, but I definitely like Spofford better from an aesthetic reading standpoint. Vic has entirely too much distaste for our style of play

That doesn't bother me. He's an old school guy who likes to run the ball and stop the run. He's entitled to like that, just like we're entitled to like any style of play. But you can't deny that he loves Rodgers, McCarthy, TT, Capers, Mathews, etc. He loves our personnel, which is more important to me than him loving our scheme and want we want to do. He admits that all that matters is winning, no matter how it's done.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
That doesn't bother me. He's an old school guy who likes to run the ball and stop the run. He's entitled to like that, just like we're entitled to like any style of play. But you can't deny that he loves Rodgers, McCarthy, TT, Capers, Mathews, etc. He loves our personnel, which is more important to me than him loving our scheme and want we want to do. He admits that all that matters is winning, no matter how it's done.
I'm not so certain he loves our personnel. He seems to have greater appreciation for the personnel of our opponents (Lions DL, Vikings Run Game, etc). His "winning is all that matters" mantra seems to be exactly that, a mantra that he uses to remind himself more than anybody else. He's repeating it to remind himself why he's here.

cupacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not so certain he loves our personnel. He seems to have greater appreciation for the personnel of our opponents (Lions DL, Vikings Run Game, etc). His "winning is all that matters" mantra seems to be exactly that, a mantra that he uses to remind himself more than anybody else. He's repeating it to remind himself why he's here.

Regardless, I'm not looking for a guy that predicts us to win every single game and is a complete homer. All that does is make you more upset when you do lose. I've been able to deal with losses 1000x better since I started reading his blog, while still enjoying the wins just as much as before, if not more. Every week I still expect us to win, but I also appreciate grinding wins out now, as opposed to wanting to win 55-7 every week. We saw how far that got us in 2011...

My point is, Vic has gotten me to appreciate the game a lot more, to appreciate footballs history a lot more, and to appreciate each and every week. I think that's critical in a sport where the offseason is 3x as long as the season.

12theTruth

Such an idiot. The latest question and answer session elicited this as part of his response to a fan question.

"I can remember coming to Lambeau Field in the ’80s and being shocked at what a dismal facility Lambeau was"

Don't care for him! Can't imagine many would! Packers could do FAR better than this hack!

12theTruth

Google.com dug up this old post, I felt obligated to reply.

Some of the most hypocrital responses I've read in a while. 'Look at it from all angles!!', people say, yet their responses are so one sided it's laughable. Vic is here to do a job. He was in Jacksonville, and Pittsburgh to do a job. I agree, some of his comments are sarcastic, but never rude, and 99% of the time, the person who submitted the question deserved it.

People that submit questions like this one today, "Are the Packers looking for another Clay Matthews caliber rusher at OLB?"

Really? That's your question? Give me a break.

If I was Vic, I wouldn't even offer a sarcastic response to such a silly question. Not to mention, it's been asked 50 times a week since we lost to the Giants in January and has been discussed in depth in his column numerous times. I don't understand the argument that someone took the time to submit the question and are just brushed off. Vic has taken a lot of time to make this column, take the time to find the question that 50 other bandwagoners have already asked.

Vic is a fantastic writer, knows the roots of the league, knows how far the NFL has come since it's inception, and presents the facts instead of nodding his head and agreeing with some fan who stumbled onto the site one day and asked a numbskull question. The man deserves some respect.

People call him a homer or a bandwagoner. Do you want your teams websites editor talking about his favorite team? I don't understand him being labled as such. He's got that perfect balance of tact and being able to bring overbearing fans back to reality.

I, for one, enjoy 'Ask Vic' everyday. His experiences over 40 years covering the NFL are insightful. I will continue to read it, and I hope others can learn to enjoy it also.

Go Pack Go!

Vic is this you???

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Such an idiot. The latest question and answer session elicited this as part of his response to a fan question.

"I can remember coming to Lambeau Field in the ’80s and being shocked at what a dismal facility Lambeau was"

Don't care for him! Can't imagine many would! Packers could do FAR better than this hack!

Couldn't agree more......wait, yes I can....agree with you 1000%

That little smart *** has never been suited up in pads and has no real time play in the game. He needs to keep his midget mouth shut.

I

I_am_smoked_cheddar

Ketchman is paid by the Packers to say what Mark Murphy, Tight *** Ted, and the team tell him to say. You will never hear him come close to deviating from the company line. It's simple, follow the money !

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts