1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Your thoughts on Vic Ketchman?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Forget Favre, Nov 19, 2011.

1. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    He also contradicts himself

2. Southpaw

Southpaw Endorphin Junkie

Ratings:
    +422
    In interviews he comes off as extremely awkward and occasionally annoying

3. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    Well they must be doing something right. Packers.com is the most visited team website.

4. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +488
    I like VIC.

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. realcaliforniacheese

realcaliforniacheese A-Rods Boss

Ratings:
    +966
    I agree he's not so good on camera and I'm not so fond of the point, counterpoint, but the site has made a 180 since he became editor.

6. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +417
    I like Vic, he likes his khakis and he does has his opinions.

• Like Like x 2
  7. azrsx05

azrsx05 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +47
    I thought I was the only that got annoyed by him

8. GeeDogWarrior

GeeDogWarrior 0 - 0

Ratings:
    +139
    Dude covered the Steelers/Jags/and now Packers....
    That's Chuck Noll/Tom Coughlin/Mike McCarthy...
    A couple of superbowl winning coaches and you act like the dude knows less than some beer bellied doofus that wants us to build a dome cause we lost a game...."A" game.... I think Vic is good, I like him.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Vic is repulsed by the dome idea

10. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,132
    that's bc the packers are the most popular team in the league :)

They deserve alot of credit for having an easy to navigate fresh website. Some teams look like they designed their website in 98 and have made no changes

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. wholovesbevers

wholovesbevers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +11
    As we all should be.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Honestly, I don't spend a lot of time at the Packer website. I expect homerism from them and would rather get my info from other sources.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +845
    Thats because I check in hourly to see if he's gone!!:mad:

14. SEWICHEESE

SEWICHEESE Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19
    Well, he's sure no Bob McGinn. His analysis is shallow and weak and like others have stated, he's kind of a smartass. I'm not impressed with him at all.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. SEWICHEESE

SEWICHEESE Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19

That Lambeau Field dome idea is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard of in the history of sports.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SEWICHEESE

SEWICHEESE Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +19

90% of the time I go there is to watch interviews/pressers of MM, TT and the players. That's really all its good for.

17. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +488
    I like him, he is a bit like myself sarcastic. A dry wit about him. I think he is having fun in Green Bay.

19. Vladimirr

Vladimirr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +107
    Vic fan here. Seems like a great guy to sit and watch a game with, crack open some cold ones, make a bunch of wisecracks, and talk about how football was better in the old days.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +650
    He's one of those people that all of a sudden appears in the group and starts making wise-*** remarks like you're all just a bunch of buddies who've been busting each others' balls for year. And at first it's like, "Who the hell is this *******?" And then after awhile, it's like, "This *******'s kinda funny." And then it's like, "This *******'s alright."

Then people don't know quite where they're at on that little sliding scale, and they're all, "What do you think of Vic Ketchman." And I'm all, "He's an *******, but he's always pretty funny, and he's usually alright." And then they're like, "You think he's alright?" And I'm like, "Yeah... but he's an *******."

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  21. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    I came on to this thread to say exactly this. I just looked back at my first post on here and I was right on the Get rid of him bandwagon. Luckily for me you put the thought into wording it better than I ever could :) Now I can take what he says for what it is and enjoy his perspective of the game even if it is a bit contradictory to mine.

One thing I do get a little bit sick of are the little phrases like "Players, Not plays" that he seems to work into half the questions he answers. I get it Vic the coach could call the best play possible and if hes got 1 legged 1 armed players out there its not going to work out.

I also like him a lot more as a written journalist than I do in the Video Ask Vic they do. Now whenever I read his column I hear his voice and its not the most pleasant thing there is.

22. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030
    The man is hilarious at times, especially if something bothers him. I distinctly remember Spofford telling us Ketchman tried to go after an uncomfortable chair with a hammer. Hearing Spofford talk about Vic is doubly funny

23. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    I understand that he must say things that make him sound like a "band wagon" fan, but the packers are who pays his paycheck, brown nosing does not hurt.

I do not like how he think that since he has been around the game for 100 years that he knows how to play the damn game. The guy has admitted he has never played, never been in a huddle, never taken a hit, never ran a route....yet he is so quick to jump on someone and tell them they are wrong when in fact he does not know what its like to be on the turf. He is a blow hard know-it-all. His sarcasm is cheap and his pathetic attempt at jokes is just that, a joke. I really hope he does not stick around much longer.

I would rather read a colum writen by a south side chicago thug, called ask deeez nutzzz

24. 12theTruth

12theTruth Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Not a fan. Ketchman is more often than not condescending, rude, trite, and boring. Packers.com is the most visited site because the Packers have one of the top 3 fan bases, NOT because of Vic Ketchman....

25. HyponGrey

Ratings:
    +1,030