Your thoughts on Vic Ketchman?

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
In interviews he comes off as extremely awkward and occasionally annoying

Reaction score
Dude covered the Steelers/Jags/and now Packers....
That's Chuck Noll/Tom Coughlin/Mike McCarthy...
A couple of superbowl winning coaches and you act like the dude knows less than some beer bellied doofus that wants us to build a dome cause we lost a game...."A" game.... I think Vic is good, I like him.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Dude covered the Steelers/Jags/and now Packers....
That's Chuck Noll/Tom Coughlin/Mike McCarthy...
A couple of superbowl winning coaches and you act like the dude knows less than some beer bellied doofus that wants us to build a dome cause we lost a game...."A" game.... I think Vic is good, I like him.
Vic is repulsed by the dome idea

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well they must be doing something right. Packers.com is the most visited team website.
that's bc the packers are the most popular team in the league :)

They deserve alot of credit for having an easy to navigate fresh website. Some teams look like they designed their website in 98 and have made no changes

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't spend a lot of time at the Packer website. I expect homerism from them and would rather get my info from other sources.

SEWICHEESE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, he's sure no Bob McGinn. His analysis is shallow and weak and like others have stated, he's kind of a smartass. I'm not impressed with him at all.

SEWICHEESE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly, I don't spend a lot of time at the Packer website. I expect homerism from them and would rather get my info from other sources.

90% of the time I go there is to watch interviews/pressers of MM, TT and the players. That's really all its good for.

D

Dan115

I like him, he is a bit like myself sarcastic. A dry wit about him. I think he is having fun in Green Bay.

Vladimirr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vic fan here. Seems like a great guy to sit and watch a game with, crack open some cold ones, make a bunch of wisecracks, and talk about how football was better in the old days.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's one of those people that all of a sudden appears in the group and starts making wise-*** remarks like you're all just a bunch of buddies who've been busting each others' balls for year. And at first it's like, "Who the hell is this *******?" And then after awhile, it's like, "This *******'s kinda funny." And then it's like, "This *******'s alright."

Then people don't know quite where they're at on that little sliding scale, and they're all, "What do you think of Vic Ketchman." And I'm all, "He's an *******, but he's always pretty funny, and he's usually alright." And then they're like, "You think he's alright?" And I'm like, "Yeah... but he's an *******."

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's one of those people that all of a sudden appears in the group and starts making wise-*** remarks like you're all just a bunch of buddies who've been busting each others' balls for year. And at first it's like, "Who the hell is this *******?" And then after awhile, it's like, "This *******'s kinda funny." And then it's like, "This *******'s alright."

Then people don't know quite where they're at on that little sliding scale, and they're all, "What do you think of Vic Ketchman." And I'm all, "He's an *******, but he's always pretty funny, and he's usually alright." And then they're like, "You think he's alright?" And I'm like, "Yeah... but he's an *******."

I came on to this thread to say exactly this. I just looked back at my first post on here and I was right on the Get rid of him bandwagon. Luckily for me you put the thought into wording it better than I ever could :) Now I can take what he says for what it is and enjoy his perspective of the game even if it is a bit contradictory to mine.

One thing I do get a little bit sick of are the little phrases like "Players, Not plays" that he seems to work into half the questions he answers. I get it Vic the coach could call the best play possible and if hes got 1 legged 1 armed players out there its not going to work out.

I also like him a lot more as a written journalist than I do in the Video Ask Vic they do. Now whenever I read his column I hear his voice and its not the most pleasant thing there is.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
The man is hilarious at times, especially if something bothers him. I distinctly remember Spofford telling us Ketchman tried to go after an uncomfortable chair with a hammer. Hearing Spofford talk about Vic is doubly funny

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I understand that he must say things that make him sound like a "band wagon" fan, but the packers are who pays his paycheck, brown nosing does not hurt.

I do not like how he think that since he has been around the game for 100 years that he knows how to play the damn game. The guy has admitted he has never played, never been in a huddle, never taken a hit, never ran a route....yet he is so quick to jump on someone and tell them they are wrong when in fact he does not know what its like to be on the turf. He is a blow hard know-it-all. His sarcasm is cheap and his pathetic attempt at jokes is just that, a joke. I really hope he does not stick around much longer.

I would rather read a colum writen by a south side chicago thug, called ask deeez nutzzz

12theTruth

Not a fan. Ketchman is more often than not condescending, rude, trite, and boring. Packers.com is the most visited site because the Packers have one of the top 3 fan bases, NOT because of Vic Ketchman....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts