Your thoughts on the 2007 Draft picks

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This.

I haven't seen Dhpackr make one contribution to the forum.

What should he do?? Bring some milk and cookies for everyone??

Does contribution = sarcastic one liners that nobody gets anyway?

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
This.

How 'bout something like this?

I think that Wynn, for a seventh round guy, has been pretty impressive. Jackson and Harrell are completely unimpressive, but I think both have upside & I hope that they'll obtain that potential.

I like Jones, think Rouse could be special, and Hall, Crosby, and Bishop were great special team picks, which was a position that desperately needed to be addressed.

Clowney is disappointing, but there's still time for him to develop.

Hard to judge a draft this early on, but that's what we've got to work with so far.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
de_real_deal said:
This.

I think that Wynn, for a seventh round guy, has been pretty impressive. Jackson and Harrell are completely unimpressive, but I think both have upside & I hope that they'll obtain that potential.

I like Jones, think Rouse could be special, and Hall, Crosby, and Bishop were great special team picks, which was a position that desperately needed to be addressed.

Hard to judge a draft this early on, but that's what we've got to work with so far.

Nice assessment. I think TT hit with Jones but missed TERRIBLY with Harrell. I don't see Rouse, Hall, or Bishop will ever be anything special. Maybe decent contributors. Crosby's a kicker. Looks good so far, but who knows

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I haven't seen Harrell play in a game yet, therefore I can't say he missed terribly on him. Maybe after he plays and we can see what he does, then I can make a judgment.

Some say he's not playing because the Packers are taking a overly safe route with his previous injury, some others say hes not playing because he sucks.

Bishop is doing a excellent job on Special Teams.
Hall, is our starting FB.
Rouse, when he came in, didn't get burned.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice assessment. I think TT hit with Jones but missed TERRIBLY with Harrell. I don't see Rouse, Hall, or Bishop will ever be anything special. Maybe decent contributors. Crosby's a kicker. Looks good so far, but who knows

That's exactly my point with those guys. While I watched the draft, and round 6 came along, I saw the Packers take two LBs (both of whom had special teams experience) and an over-analyzed kicker who had dropped ridiculously low. And when I saw that, I thought to myself, "sweet. Hopefully these boys can help our dismal special teams this year, and maybe more in the future." And you know, they've done the first part so far.

Rouse, I think, is a bit of an unusual body/skill type to play at that position, thus my use of "special".

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
This.

lol. pwned!

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
This.

Yeah, his one liners are so resoundingly profound all of us lowly mortals have a really hard time keeping up with it.

Like: "We're 4-0" every thread over and over. Can we get a little more childish.

Of course he can always bring up the '07 draft and trash it after four games. I get a kick out of how lousy of a pick Harrell can be and it would have been so much better to get a player like Olsen.

Olsen(also hurt early on by the way) has caught all of two passes for 28 yards and been an imense improvement on the 1-3 Bears offense.

Harrell has not cracked the lineup yet. Wooptie Do. Is DH also so far ahead of everybody that he just knew, for exampe that James Jolly was going to come in here and play like this? 20/20 is such a great thing to use in an arguement but doesn't show me any special intellectual capacity.

Dlinemen are generally a work in progress and takes a year or two to become good players. This is often seen with MANY guys included Mario from last year who did play but obviously has yet to reach anything close to his potential.

If freshman Dlinemen came in and routinely set the house on fire then you have a case. That's just not how it is.

I think, because of the fact we have good Dlineman, and, because of the fact they generally take a couple of years to become good players, he was a GREAT pick at a GREAT time.

Rather than the defense having to suffer by playing him before he's ready they can be as good as they are now and BETTER when he's had the chance to grow into the position.

Oh yeah.

We're 4-0.

Just thought I'd save a brilliant mind some brain cells since that takes such deep thought to come up with.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
de_real_deal said:
This.

i hate the fact TT passed over Bowe and Olsen and chose harrell, but with Crosby and Jones making major contibutions, i guess it kind of even outs.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
de_real_deal said:
tromadz said:
This.

i hate the fact TT passed over Bowe and Olsen and chose harrell, but with Crosby and Jones making major contibutions, i guess it kind of even outs.

I feel the same way. I think Jones will be so good that he'll more than make up for TT's 1st round mistake. JJ so much reminds me of Sterling Sharpe it's not even funny. And I sincerely hope we keep Crosby for the next 10 years.

EDIT - would like to add, I think this was a heck of a draft. JJ was a steal. Other GMs will be kicking themselves for years because they all could have had him.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
de_real_deal said:
tromadz said:
This.

I rather have James Jones then Bowe. Jones may not have the speed but all the deep touchdowns look is pretty and flashy. Jones fits our offense better and he has the best hands I've seen for a rookie in a long time.

Johnson, Bowe, and Jones look like the best receivers in this class but it's still early.

I think Olsen would've been my pick or I would've just taken the Browns trade offer. To me that was the bigger mistake looking back on it and knowing what we know now.

Members online

Latest posts