Your Predictions: Packers record in 2006

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay everybody, what are your predictions for this season, and how do you justify those predictions?

I'm going with 6-10. I was thinking 7-9 in the offseason, but the preseason caused me to downgrade it slightly. Even in the best case scenario, it will take awhile for the O-line to gel. There are concerns with both the RB's and receivers. We have depth at tight end, but none of them are real difference-makers.

I am pinning my hopes on the defense being a good unit. Hopefully Woodson will hit the switch and bring his A-game when the season begins. This is possible, although I wouldn't say probable. The D-line, when all is said and done, is still pretty average.

Special teams are looking shaky, especially because of the failure to find a good return man. Jennings is our best hope at punt returner, but I'm basing this opinion on ONE RETURN in the preseaason.

I hope my 6-10 prediction is wrong. You never know. If some close games go the right way, 6-10 can become 10-6, and the next thing you know, you're in the playoffs, although even if that happens I don't think the Packers will go very far in the playoffs.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've been waffering between 7-9 and 9-7 for a while not with no real bold prediction.

I am going to say 8-8. There. Thats it, my final prediction. Here's my reasoning.

On offense I think it all boils down to...Mike McCarthy. Yes the Head Coach. I say that because I agree with his plan to implement the zone blocking scheme with WCO passing style. An effective run game can kill the defense when it comes time to throw the ball on crossing patters, slants, and curls. I believe in the way MM runs his practices from what I read and I agree with his philosophy on football in general. I believe the guys we have on the aren't lacking in talent rather than experience. I feel they will get better as the year goes on. It will just take rep after rep after rep after rep with them as that is the only way to get better. Throw them into the fire early. If McCarthy holds true to his word about comitting to the run game then I think we will struggle eary in the season and finish strong. I still believe Favre can make the most of what he has at reciever between Driver, Jennings, Franks, Lee, Green, and Henderson if the Oline becomes more solid and gives him a little time. I can see the big picture and I am banking on it gelling and coming together much stronger than it has shown thus far. I don't see a lack of talent on the offense, but there is definitely a lack of unity and experience to this point.

On Defense I think it all comes down to the newcomers Pickett, Woodson, Manuel and Hawk. Hawk will have some growing pains and will get better and better as the season progresses. I don't think he is the kind of rookie that will be a weakness and a concern, though. Pickett has played relatively well this preseason. He hasn't been a dominating force of any means, but has played well. He needs time to gel in the defense. The Defensive ends have my concern. They NEEEEEEED to be able to apply some consistant pressure at the very least. It's almost as if KGB gets worse by the year at pass rushing. We really need to let Montgomery and Hunter spot play for KGB quite a bit to keep him fresh. We have plenty of depth at DT so I'm not concerned there. The secondary worries me which is surprising to me because I figured they'd be the strength of the D. Harris is what he is..a very very good corner and we are lucky to have him. Woodson played well up until the Cincinatti game. I think he will be fine, but we can't afford very many of those types of games from him. I have no idea what to think of Manuel. Personally, I like Culver better but we can't have TOO many rookies starting especially at a position like safety. Manuel played much better even if briefly in the Tennessee game. Collins is an up and comer that is now coming into his own confidence wise. What Packer fan DOESN'T like Collins?

On Special teams I guess the big bright spot is Jon Ryan. I love having this guy over Shanker. He absolutely kills the ball and now the job is his for sure. Good for him. Raynor hasn't been tested in the preseason so that concerns me a little. Would have liked him to kick one over 40 yards. The return team I think will be ok with Jennings at PR, but good Lord I hate having our second best reciever as a PR. Scary to see if he gets hurt then we are back to having Ferg as our #2. We have no kick returners for now. Herron will be one of them and I'm not even sure who the other will be....let's hope they get this worked out as this looks like the weakest unit on the team, IMO.

Anyways...those are my thoughts. Feel free to rip em' apart! :D

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will have to go with 3-13, you can kill me but:

I will be very happy if we keep Brett in one piece.

I dont see how could we win this one.

No o line.

Only one prooven receiver.

Green coming from a big injury.

New blocking scheme, as of today we havent been able to show that we have mastered it.

Our Defense played subpar in pre-season.

If Manuel cant play much better that what he has sown even dabears can burn him.

I hope I am wrong..

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TOPackerFan said:
My heart says 9-7 but my head says 5-11. I just don't see who is going to score for this team.

Jennings, Driver, Green, Franks, Lee, Gado, Herron, Ferguson, Henderson, Woodson, Harris, Hawk, and Rayner just to name a few and I know I've missed some. :lol:

Ninerzownu

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha. Looks a lot like the thread about this on the niner forum. Everyone is extremely optimistic about a team that just doesn't have a chance of winning half their games.

Your O-Line is as bad as last year. You still have no recieving threat. Whose going to run the ball that guy whose name I can't pronounce or Ahman "unemployment line" Green. Your defense doesn't look much better either. Woodson simply looks like he's done playing football. It's to bad he could play you guys for another pay day though. I think Hawk will be a superstar but he'll struggle for the first half of the season.

0-16 (worst case scenario)

5-11 (absolute best case scenario)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
8-8

The team isnt nearly as bad as some of the negative nancies will make you believe. I dont know if they are projecting the shittyness of their own lives or what..
(they'll say they're just living in reality, and looking objectively. Objectively isnt a synonym for pessimism)

-The defense is the same scheme, with better players.
-The offensive line is better than last years line (not very hard)
- Ahman,Gado,Herron can carry the load, and it wont be a mystery as to who is gonna come in if Ahman gets hurt again. Last years musical chairs routine was ridiculous.
-Greg Jennings.
-New explosive, creative coach. We havent seen him coach in a regular season game yet, but hes handled every other aspect beautifully, and I dont see why he would fail horribly on Sundays.

With that said, It is a young team. Mistakes WILL be made. Our kicking game is still a mystery. Rayner didnt get much action in the preseason.

It is a team that isnt giving anything up and will play every week to WIN the games, and not settle on just learning, or growing, or maturing, or progressing. The coaching staff is tougher than the last, and hopefully that plays out during the regular season.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before preseason I would've said 9-7 but now I'll drop that to 8-8. Reason for the optimism I think or I;m hoping we'll get a bit of home field edge back and go at least 5-3. Also the schedule favors us if we can at least beat the poor teams even though I guess we may be one of them. I also see Brett coming back with a strong year which changes a few of those close losses from last year into wins if he does a better job leading in the 4th quarter.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gotta stick with 5-11...that's what i've been saying for awhile now & i'm not changing my mind now.

having said that, i'd do something in my pants if they go 8-8 but i'm NOT saying what!! geez, there i go again...bad julie!! :)

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
I have been thinking 7-9 or 8-8.

Here is my breakdown of our schedule.

Certain Loss'
Patriots
Seahawks
Miami

Almost Certain Wins
Buffalo
Jets
49ers

Winnable Games
Saints
Cardinals
Rams
Eagles

Divison Games
2 Bears
2 Lions
2 Vikings

Looking at our schedule I think our season will come down to what we can do in our divison. I am guessing we will have 5 non divison wins with 4 or 6 a possibility if we get lucky or unlucky. If we can find a way to some how get 3 or 4 wins in the divison we could have a winning record and possibly make the playoffs. But being reasonable I say we win 2 to 3 games in the divison.

My final predition: 7-9
6-10 if were unlucky
8-8 iof were lucky

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
gotta stick with 5-11...that's what i've been saying for awhile now & i'm not changing my mind now.

having said that, i'd do something in my pants if they go 8-8 but i'm NOT saying what!! geez, there i go again...bad julie!! :)

I checked her pants, she didn't do anything in them!

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerChick said:
I am hoping for 9-7

You can hope all you want, but the season is over and it was a .500 no playoff year for the Packers :(

:rotflmao:

Perhaps the floods will part and will open the way towards that timegate
back to week 9 against the Bills.
:pray:

Would be an easy win!!
:thumbsup:

Members online

Latest posts