Your Offseason Best Case Scenario?

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted retires followed by the new gm firing McCarthy, Capers, and Mark Lovat (strength and conditioning coordinator). Hire Jon Gruden as head coach and pay free agent d-coordinator Romeo Crennell to run the defense. Make thoughtful decisions on the rest of the staff.

Jordy retires. If Clay and Cobb won't restructure their salary in half cut them. Cut Kendricks. Bring back Adams, trade a pick for Josh Gordon, give Sherman (likely will be cut and free agent) and Watt (would be cut for sure if he wasn't a flood hero but we'll see) 3 year deals. Also talk to New England about a Gronk trade(I think there's a 50/50 chance New England moves on from him due to health and his personality isn't Patriot like). If a middle round is all that's needed for Gronk and Gordon, do it.

In this scenario
QB AR/Hundley
RB Williams/Jones/Montgomery
WR Gordon/Adams/Allison/late pick
TE Gronk/young guy
OL- Bahtiari, Taylor, Lindsley (I say resign him), McCray/rookie, Spriggs
DL- Daniels, Clark, Watt
LB- Perry, Ryan, Martinez, outside linebacker (1st rounder)
CB- Sherman, Randall, King
S- Jones, HaHa (he has a HORRIBLE whiff as I'm typing this)

If this happens have the players get their ring size fitted asap. I'm allowed to dream, right?

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's time to consider a new head coach, gm, scouts, and coordinators. This team isn't a SB threat with Rodgers. Sorry but it's the truth. Enough is enough.

Reggie White Cheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted retires followed by the new gm firing McCarthy, Capers, and Mark Lovat (strength and conditioning coordinator). Hire Jon Gruden as head coach and pay free agent d-coordinator Romeo Crennell to run the defense. Make thoughtful decisions on the rest of the staff.

Jordy retires. If Clay and Cobb won't restructure their salary in half cut them. Cut Kendricks. Bring back Adams, trade a pick for Josh Gordon, give Sherman (likely will be cut and free agent) and Watt (would be cut for sure if he wasn't a flood hero but we'll see) 3 year deals. Also talk to New England about a Gronk trade(I think there's a 50/50 chance New England moves on from him due to health and his personality isn't Patriot like). If a middle round is all that's needed for Gronk and Gordon, do it.

In this scenario
QB AR/Hundley
TE Gronk/young guy
DL- Daniels, Clark, Watt

If this happens have the players get their ring size fitted asap. I'm allowed to dream, right?

I like the thought process but that's a hefty dream scenario... Jordy maybe one/two year deal cut Cobb/Matthews.

Cut Capers.. Retain McCarthy one more prove it year.. Get big time WR in draft first round fix the OL.. Retain Adams..

Love the thought but I would be lying if I didn't think that was an ultimate dream

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordy and CM3 need to take hefty pay cuts to use the money to pick up a quality free agent cb or pass rusher. Obviously Capers and TT need to go. TT has had way to many high draft pick busts. Packers need an excellent draft to pick up a OL, TE and WR as well as a cb or pass rusher. TT's drafts have left so many holes on the team, I can't see them being filled in the off season. Finally they need to sign Lindsley and Adams but limit the guaranteed money on his contract.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best case scenario:

1.) Ted and Dom are DONE in Green Bay

2.) Brett and Clay are DONE in Green Bay

3.) Aaron is told that he will spend extra time with the heir apparent that we draft in Round 1, and if he can't get on board with that he's told Cleveland will be HAPPY to give us 3 1s for him!

4.) We draft a field stretching Tight End somewhere in the 2018 draft.

OP
OP
LambeauLombardi

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best case scenario:

1.) Ted and Dom are DONE in Green Bay

2.) Brett and Clay are DONE in Green Bay

3.) Aaron is told that he will spend extra time with the heir apparent that we draft in Round 1, and if he can't get on board with that he's told Cleveland will be HAPPY to give us 3 1s for him!

4.) We draft a field stretching Tight End somewhere in the 2018 draft.

You don't accept anything less than 6 1's for him. But I have brought this idea up.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
1) Dom Capers is GONE
2) If Clay, Cobb and Jordy don’t restructure they get the cut
3) resign Lindsey and Adams
4) draft a WR in the first round, then all defensive players
5) get the rodgers deal done
6) there is crap in FA this year so just get Davante and rodgers deals done

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

In this scenario
QB AR/Hundley
TE Gronk/young guy
DL- Daniels, Clark, Watt

You need to change the title of the thread from best case scenario to Packers fantasy football 2018.

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The biggest change this upcoming off-season needs to be a complete overhaul of the strength and conditioning staff. I don't care if there is a person or people that is loved by the locker room or whatever; but there have been too many injuries. Once again, GB needs to hire a sports science firm, get some nerds, upgrade technology that will lead to better results. The conditioning of the players doesn't appear to be up to high standards. TT can go. Possibly Capers, but the infrastructure of player stability should be evaluated.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. Dom and TT are gone.
2. MM learns to speak english instead of mumbling about the process.
3. Clay and Cobb restructure.
4. Sign Davante and Linsley
5. Packers have some serious needs: WR, TE, OT, OLB. Draft 2, Sign 2 real FAs to fill those needs, not the usual TT bargain basement FAs. Jimmy Graham for instance.

Members online

Latest posts