Your official 1st round guess

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Not who you would take, your official guess as to who the Packers are taking in round 1 of the draft tommorrow. Winner gets to feel good about themselves, losers have shamed the forum.

My guess: Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers

(Bonus points if you accurately call a trade up or down. And don't just say trade up or down, tell us who we're trading with and what we're giving up/getting)

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Devin McCourty was my pick too but ill say Sergio Kindle so this thread doesnt sound like an echo.

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am gonna go with Charles Brown... the only reason for this pick is cause I am NEVER right, so hopefully my streak continues!

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hughes if they stay at 23.

Anthony Davis if they move up. (Trade with Jacksonville)

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the 23rd selection the Green Bay Packers select....

Taylor Mays, safety, from the University of Southern California.

As my bonus to you, the Packers will assign him #40, Lombardi's old number that he wore at Fordham....

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Trade up, swap 1st add a 3rd for Bulaga who will fall below 15

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Trade up, swap 1st add a 3rd for Bulaga who will fall below 15

I liked Bulaga since the beginning. But after doing some research I don't think he's an answer to LT. He's got short arms and doesn't possess the athleticism to excel in that area. He'll make a great LG or a pro bowl RT imo.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked Bulaga since the beginning. But after doing some research I don't think he's an answer to LT. He's got short arms and doesn't possess the athleticism to excel in that area. He'll make a great LG or a pro bowl RT imo.
MANY comparisons to Robert Gallery...

Jersey Al, a pack fan and Iowa fan, doesn't like him very much.

He has the Michigan game, against Brandon Graham, as a very good evidence...

Pack88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pick 23

I think Pick 23 is made by the Browns and they select Colt McCoy!! Packers select Jerry Hughes from TCU with pick 37.
With Pick 60 they take Vladimr Duchasse
With Pick 71 they take Perrish Cox or nate Allen

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MANY comparisons to Robert Gallery...

Jersey Al, a pack fan and Iowa fan, doesn't like him very much.

He has the Michigan game, against Brandon Graham, as a very good evidence...

Evidence and a warning sign if I might add.....

I think Pick 23 is made by the Browns and they select Colt McCoy!! Packers select Jerry Hughes from TCU with pick 37.
With Pick 60 they take Vladimr Duchasse
With Pick 71 they take Perrish Cox or nate Allen

I'd be thrilled if all of this went down. However I'd think about taking Morgan Burnett over Nate Allen if he's there. Allen is good but I think his skillset places him at FS where he lines up deep away from the LOS. Burnett is intriguing because he plays the "rover" position where he's a hybrid LB/S. Dom Capers' defense loves moving the pieces around and Burnett's versatility is perfect for it.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
judging by all these different opinions it shows me that no one really has any idea lol.

id say give it about 25 more opinions, and with as confidence level of 95%, we should statistically get one with the correct pick.

Mel-MinAlum

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Make it two years in a row TT shocks the Packer Nation....Trade up to 13 (49ers) for our first and next years 2nd. Packers select: C.J. Spiller

If Spiller is gone by 13: Packers trade #23 to the Raiders for their 2nd (#39) and 3rd(#69). Raiders take Jimmy Clausen with 23.

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not who you would take, your official guess as to who the Packers are taking in round 1 of the draft tommorrow. Winner gets to feel good about themselves, losers have shamed the forum.

My guess: Devin McCourty, CB, Rutgers

(Bonus points if you accurately call a trade up or down. And don't just say trade up or down, tell us who we're trading with and what we're giving up/getting)

I hope you guys pick him, he will be an average CB in the pros. I am afraid you guys will get Segio Kindle. Nice compliment to Matthews and can hold the point well.

My Guess: Sergio Kindle, OLB, Texas

Go Vikes!!!!:happy0005:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

While I am not going to project Bulaga's impact in the NFL, I would like to point out arm length isnt something that means a whole lot. Joe Thomas has by far graded out to be the best LT in the NFL and his arms are almost inch shorter than Bulaga's arms.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I am not going to project Bulaga's impact in the NFL, I would like to point out arm length isnt something that means a whole lot. Joe Thomas has by far graded out to be the best LT in the NFL and his arms are almost inch shorter than Bulaga's arms.
Yeah, I agree that arm lenght alone isn't a big reason.

But I'd have to say that it's a legit concern.

Nothing to really base on, but I'd say that arm lenght can compensate lack of athletic ability.

If the LT has short arms, it doesn't mean he can't block. But he needs to play perfectly every snap. He doesn't have the luxury to take a mistep, because he won't have the arm lenght to compensate for it. Unless he's really gifted athletically.

Members online

Latest posts