1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

YOUR football career...

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by OldSchoolFan, Apr 10, 2010.

1. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    I know not all of us played pro ball, a few might have in college, and a few more in high school, most of us probably in jr. high....

Anyway, tell us a bit about you and what position you played, your playing ht / weight, the number you wore, and team colors, what sort of offense / defense you ran etc.

For me, I only played as far as high school football, was an offensive left tackle & defensive right tackle. ( yea played all 48 minutes, 12 min. quarters)

I wore # 76, ( Bob Skoronski & Mike McCoy eat your heart out!)

As a senior I played at 6'3"/ 240 lbs. Back then that was a big high school lineman.

Our team colors were blue & gold.

We ran a basic offense, I & pro set formations. My favorite offensive play was our " 45 pitch ", where out of a I formation, the quarterback would take the snap, fake the veer to the fullback, who would then go to the "6" hole (and cut block my man),the qb would pitch to the halfback who would belly the play out. I would pull from the off side( yes, a pulling tackle, not guard!), turn the corner and lead the sweep. I used to clobber the outside linebackers & safeties.

We ran a 4-2 "wolfman" defense, where instead of a middle linebacker, that man was free to roam where he wanted, sometimes at linebacker, sometimes a rushing end, sometimes another safety. We were not really that good but we had a lot of fun...Now lets hear about your "glory days".

• Like Like x 4
  2. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    This is a great thread!

I love to reminisce about my "glory days" lol

Well I played 7th grade - Varsity (HS). I got to offseason workouts at college and decided I was too small to play on that level.

As far as HS, I played at 6'1 260lbs. I played ironman football because my school was so small, so full time player on both sides of the ball. I played left tackle on the oline and DE. We played "I" formation and T-Bone offense and whatever the traditional 4-3 defense is for HS. Nothing flashy. Our school colors were Maroon and Gold and we were the Golden Knights.

Oh, and my number was 76 as well

We werent very good either. in 3 years of varsity ball, we won 1 game. We had the longest losing streak up till that point in New York State lol. The 1 game we won was an away game for this teams homecoming. We won 28-0. Ill never forget any of my teamates, the games, the bus rides and all of the time, dedication I gave to football. Many good memories!

3. A. Rodgers

A. Rodgers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    lol im still in HS

got done with my freshman year (im almost a sophomore)

i played last year at like 6'1 240 lbs & play Guard and Strong side DT. we went 5-4 and i got a pick (yea i know right :p) that pretty much won the game

oh yea and im #74 (a good number if u ask me)

4. Pat4DaPack

Pat4DaPack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180
    My first year in Junior High I played DE, it was the first time I had ever played football and I started the whole year. Quit then played freshmen year in High School. I was the Back Up Tight End End and I was the punter. Its actually a lot of fun. I quit after then, are team made it to the State Championship this year(Im a Junior). After freshmen year I decided I didn't want to waste my summers and after school for football. I am a Basketball player. Have been since 2nd grade. Play positions 2-5 for my varsity team.

5. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    I played left tackle and nose tackle my junior year. My senior year we switched to a 4-3 so I just played tackle. I was 6'4 and 315. I lost a lot of that when i decided to join the Army. I'm around 235 now. I wore #74.

6. A12ROD903

A12ROD903 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    Alot of Kampys here lol.... and a couple of Cliftons.

7. lancer84

lancer84 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    Great thread indeed!

In middle school grades 6-7 i weighed around 185 and was 5'5. Besides getting made fun of off the field i was LE and Tackle/TE, and a slow one at that.

First year we went 2-8 second year we went 6-4. Purple and gold, Indians.

In hs i never played, I lost 60 lbs over the 8-9 grade transition so I played my second favorite sport...Soccer for a couple of years. I wish i could lose that weight now... hmm.