1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Your Five Favorite Players Of All Time To Watch.

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Raider Pride, Jul 25, 2005.

1. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Please note: Your five players of all time to WATCH.

We all have our own individual all time favorite players of all time.

The reason we have chosen them may be because of team loyalty, it may be because of the age we were when we watched them play and the memories we had at that age, or it may even because they were just simply part of a championship team we were loyal to.

I have a question for the forum.

If you can open your mind beyond the Green and Gold of Packer Lore, however, still include, if at all possible the players you enjoyed to watch play the game from other teams? Who were your favorite players to

2. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    In no particular order, and without thinking much, I'd say that since I started following football in '91 my list would include: Favre, Bam Morris, Jeremy Shockey, Kerry Collins, and Mark Chumura.

3. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    By the way, RP, do you think this is the Lions' year? I have my Grey Cup ticket already, and it better be the boys in orange repping the West!

4. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    It is JD, Dickenson will get it done. Plus he has Tony Simmons (From Wisconson.) to throw to in the clutch.

I will see you at B.C. Place.

I will be pleased to buy you a few at the Shark Club before the game if you want to join me and my brothers.

5. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    1. Walter Payton - Played every down as if it were his last. Pure heart and soul.
    2. Gale Sayers - The human highlight reel. Ahead of his time.
    3. Barry Sanders - Sayers reincarnated. Should have broken Walter's record. (sorry Emmitt)
    4. Earl Campbell - The most intimidating offensive player ever.
    5. John Elway - Poise and control even in pressure situations.

6. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Sounds like a plan. Can't wait for the big game.

7. Miskito

Miskito Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    1- Barry Sanders - Incredible
    2 - Mr.Payton - Pure Sweetness
    3- Mike Vick - Have to admit, the guy's fun to watch!
    4- Mike Singletary -those eyes!
    5- Jerry Rice - A legend

8. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    1 - Bart Starr (2 Superbowls... what else - very few mistakes.. ICE BOWL :D )
    2 - Ray Nitschke - do I really have to explain...
    3 - John Riggins - runnin' rings thru everyone!
    4 - Terry Bradshaw & Brett Favre - both are/have been "electric"...
    5 - Mean Joe Green ...WOW!

EDIT -----------------------------------------------------------

Now, if you say you'd like to see everyone's top ten list - ala David Letterman?

6 - Reggie White
    7 - Jim Brown
    8 - Dan Fouts
    9 - Barry Sanders
    X - Johnny Unitas

'Course, I'm a bit older than alot of you... graduated HS in 1972.
    It'd be different, if we listed our favorite 25 Players.. limited to just five or ten is unfair to a whole slew of great players.

Don't for get Joe Montana, Jerry Rice, Dan Marino, John Elway... guys who have earned the staple at the top in their position....

9. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    1. Jim Taylor
    2. Ray Nitschke
    3. Gale Sayers
    4. Brett Favre
    5. Reggie White

10. Dan115

Dan115 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +487
    Gale Sayers

Paul Hornung

Jim Taylor

Ray Nitscke

Willie Wood

11. billv

billv Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    1. Brett Favre.
    2. Joe Montana.
    3. Barry Sanders
    4. Jack Lambert
    5. Leroy Butler

12. HatestheEagles084

HatestheEagles084 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    1-barry sanders...simply amazing,

2-Brett Favre...completes passes that just shouldn't be, i'm amazed to a new degree with him every time i watch a packer game

3-Emmitt Smith...he just earned yards, speed, power, did it all, a nose for the end zone, and always tore up the eagles in years past, that always made me happy

4-Kerry Collins...every NFL game he's played that I could've watched, I watched...I remember the huge upset the Panthers had of the 49ers in his rookie season, I remember the Panthers first franchise win vs. the Jets, I've always followed him, almost as closely as the Packers, the leader of the 1994 NATIONAL CHAMPION penn state nittany lions!(rant warning)...i don't care what a bunch of ignorant biased journalists think, Penn State gave up a bunch of late touchdowns to Indiana in a blowout victory and that cost them first place...ohh boy

5-Santana Moss...so small, great moves, a threat to take one the distance every time he touches the ball

some others...gilbert brown, i love watching the steelers current offense--hines ward and randle el in particular,

13. JBlood

JBlood Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,054
    1. "Starr.......Dowler........TOUCHDOWN!!" (you can't separate them)
    2. Hornung
    3. Sayers
    4. Taylor
    5. Unitas

When the game was a game, and not a business and the sports page had more scores than contract details.

14. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    1) Barry Sanders, one of the best athlete/person to ever play in the NFL, amazes me with how athletes do what they can to attract attention he did whatever he could to avoid it, never spiking the ball in the end zone! Actually I think he spiked it one time.

2) Brett Favre, he's nearing 40 and plays the game like he's 20, he's never forgot its a game and to have fun first

3) Jack Lambert, dracula in cleats!

4) Napolean Kaufman, I really thought this guy was gonna be great RB for a long time, retired way to early in my eyes.

5) Ray Lewis, I love his intensity, you just never know who he was gonna smash next.

15. dan7

dan7 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Favorite Players

1. Gale Sayers
    2. Jim Brown
    3. Ray Nitschke
    4. Ronnie Lott
    5. Dan Marino

16. ArizonaPackerFan

ArizonaPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Some of my favorites to watch, not necessarily the best.

Brett Favre, nothing needs to be said that you don't already know.

Earl Campbell, - Had speed and power. There were times he'd just bowl people over like they were bowling pins. Sometimes he'd run over several in one run. Then the next play he could outrun them all with his speed. Had the biggest thighs I've ever seen for a runningback. I seen the Miami/Houston game on Monday night years ago they often talk about on old NFL films. That was an amazing game with an amazing performance be Earl. He didn't last as long as some because of his bruising style, but in his prime he was the most dominating force I ever seen on a football field.

Bo Jackson, - he didn't play long as an injury cut his career short, but man he was a stud while he did play. Very similar to Earl Cambell. Had speed and power. One play he'd be out running everyone down the sideline with his speed, the next play he'd be running over people. The way he ran over Brian Bosworth one game at the goal line was great.

Roger Staubach, - Hard to believe there was once a time the Cowboys were my 2nd favorite team behind the Packers. Landry and Staubach had class, Jerry Jones doesn't. Roger had similar qualities to Favre, and could bring a team back and carry it on his shoulders. Led Dallas to 2 Super Bowl titles (1972,78) and was Super Bowl MVP in 1972; 5-time leading passer in NFC (1971,73,77-79).

"He is one of the finest to ever play the game," Green Bay Packers Quarterback Bart Starr once said of Staubach. "I think if I had some of that Staubach competitiveness, Id have been much better."

Billy "White Shoes" Johnson, - wasn't a great position player, but he had the quickest moves I seen at the time and was entertaining as a punt returner. He was the first one I really seen celebrate in the endzone which I thought was cool at the time. Now I can't stand half the endzone celebrations which turned more into grand standing than celebrations.

17. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    Nice... never thought of it that way before!

18. pantherd

pantherd Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    1 - Marvin Harrison (because he's the anti-Terrell Owens... just gets it done and shuts up)

2 - Terrell Owens (because I also have to peak after a train wreck... and his "In their own words" was funnier than an episode of Comic View, but then again so is just about everything else)

3 - Peyton Manning (because he absolutely destroys a defense no matter what they throw at him... only QB that wouldn't need a coordinator)

4 - Barry Sanders (no explanation necessary, but his three yard losses were almost as fun as the 60 yard gains)

5 - Julius Peppers

Okay, call me a homer on the last one, but when you watch the Panthers week in and week out and see in the course of one season:

*out running Jake Plummer to the pylon on a 3rd and goal from the 3

*immediately followed by a 97 yard interception return to the Denver 3

*a blocked field goal, sack carrying a double team to the QB, 47 yard INT for a TD and his best play of that game (vs. Tampa) was running Michael Pittman down from behind on a screen pass that was sent to the opposite side of the field

*picking off a deflected ball ONE HANDED and on the run from Mike Vick (officially ruled a fumble rather than an INT) and taking it 60 yards for a TD in ATL on Sunday night

*and MOST IMPRESSIVELY... this preseason in conditioning drills being challenged by safety Mike Minter after wind sprints to meet the "DB time" on the 300 yard sprint... and making it with more time to spare than some other DBs. -WOW

*280lbs, 6'6", 4.5 speed, and a 40 inch vert. FREAK.

In support of my argument regarding Pep: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingc ... 1484&num=1

19. agopackgo4

agopackgo4 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Brett Favre
    Barry Sanders
    Jerry Rice
    Peyton Manning
    I hate the man but he makes nice plays which would be Randy Moss :puke:

20. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8

Credit goes to the VHS tape name something like Big Hits and Big blocks.

21. sixone220

sixone220 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Brett
    Barry
    LT-The original
    Christian Okeye
    Vick

22. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,131
    In no order

1. Earl Campbell
    2. Ray Lewis
    3. Ronnie Lott
    4. Barry Sanders
    5. Michael Vick

23. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,131
    6. Reggie White
    7. Deion Sanders
    8. Mel Blount
    9. Jim Brown
    10. Peyton Manning

I had to throw in 5 more

24. DergaSmash

DergaSmash Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    1. Reggie White- chuckin OL with ease.
    2. Brett Favre
    3. Barry Sanders
    4. LeRoy Butler
    5. Ronnie Lott

25. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    1. Paul Hornung ( he scored 176 points in a 12 game season! Need I say more?)

2. Jim Taylor (the original thunder part of thunder and lightning. He would rather run over you than around you, watch some of the old video.)

3.Ray Nitschke ( The original Dr Jekyll & Mr Hyde. Read his book Mean On Sunday.)

4. Reggie White ( I thought Willie Davis was the best defensive end until I saw Reggie play)

5. Dick Butkus ( Yea, he made my almost all Packer list, but he once hit a guy so hard, the guy wandered around on the sideline and did not even know his own name!)