1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Your favorite Basketball and Baseball team

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Green_Bay_Packers, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    My favorite Basketball team is the LA Clippers i also like the Denver Nuggets, Spurs,Suns and the Rockets.

My baseball teams are the Boston Red Soxs,Cleavland Indians and the White Soxs.

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    What???
    No Milwaukee Bucks or Milwaukee Brewers???
    The Brewers are FINALLY doing great this year!
    WORLD SERIES BABY!!! :thumbsup:

3. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Favorite Baseball Team
    [​IMG]

Favorite Baseball Player
    [​IMG]

Favorite Basketball Team
    [​IMG]

Favorite Basketball Player or for this matter Basketball Players
    [​IMG]

opps I mean

[​IMG]

4. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +111
    Milwaukee are Rubbish i don't like them

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    You will see!!!! We are gonna SHOCK THE WORLD this year!!!
    (I was born in Milwaukee, and live 25 miles from there now!)

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    LOL!
    Do you remember when we had the woman's basketball team called the Milwaukee Does? (A doe is a female deer for those that don't know....thus the Bucks and Does)
    Well.....at the time i was thinking...........the Milwaukee Pickle company should become their primary backer.
    Thats right.............................then they could have been called...........

The "Dill Does!" :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

7. packerfan1245

packerfan1245 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I used to like the sixers cuz I live in PA, but I like the suns. Their style of play is fast, and steve nash is mad good. For baseball I like the Yankees. I went to a game when i was 9, it was amazing. My favorite player was Tino Martinez. :razz: :lol:

8. MontanaBob

MontanaBob Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Brewers all the way. Then the Cubbies. One of these days either one of them will get to the World Series and I'm gonna be there.

Pro Basketball stinks. I look to see what the Bucks are doing, and I like Krystkowiak as coach (my oldest daughter went to high school with him) but on the whole give me a good high school or college game.

9. Packnic

Packnic Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    NBA - Charlotte Bobcats.... playoffs this year and maybe into the second round...

MLB - Atlanta Braves in the National League... and overall favorite team in baseball.

and the Minnesota Twins (i know) in the American League. i also dont mind cheering for the Brew Crew. and i love prince fielder.

Soccer -- Tottenham Hotspur(EPL), Houston Dynamo(MLS), Carolina Railhawks(USL), Fulham(EPL).

Nascar - Kevin Harvick, Clint Bowyer

NHL - Carolina Hurricanes, New Jersey Devils, Calgary Flame( though i follow none)

Rugby - Charlotte Olde Originals

Darts and Horse Shoes - Myself and miller lite...we are litteraly a dynasty at this point.

10. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Baseball

Toronto Blue Jays - McGowan just missed a no-no yesterday. He was brilliant and I saw it all from my seat up the first baseline

Basketball

New York Knicks, though I rarely watch pro basket ball anymore. I prefer watching Bucky and the NCAA.

11. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yankees here, and that is precisely why I don't get all worked up when GB doesn't spend a ton of money for players in the offseason. My Yankees do it every year, and right now the only thing we're chasing (and barely, I might add) is the Wild Card.

12. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Baseball: Brewers and Tigers

Basketball: The NBA sucks

13. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    Now that the Bucks got that once in a lifetime player in 6-11 238 # YI-Jianlian

They are going to take it all the way!!!!!!

[​IMG]

** end of sarcasm**

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I know LT!
    I saw that kid on TV tonight......geex, a 6 foot 11 forward! The kid can shoot!
    I think he might need to bulk up a little though, he's pretty thin.

15. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Supposedly that guy said if the Bucks picked him, he wouldn't play for them. He wanted to go to a major market team, and the Chinese government said he won't play for a smaller market team. Aren't you glad our government isn't involved in our pro sports like they are over there?

16. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
  17. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,983
    Article

ESPN's Andy Katz is reporting that Yi Jianlian told him that he will play in the NBA next season, even if he's taken with the No. 6 pick by the Milwaukee Bucks.

Yi shunned the Bucks by not allowing them to see him work out and his people initially said he will not play in Milwaukee. If he's there at six for the Bucks, it sounds like they still may gamble and take him, risking him refusing to play for them.

18. jdlax

jdlax Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Last night I was talking sports with a friend, and we got to talking about the Yankees' high payroll. I think they've spent about a billion dollars on player salary since they last won the World Series.

19. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I know..............what the hell does China have against Milwaukee!?!?!?
    I saw the guy put on the Bucks hat right after he was picked by us.
    I don't think he cares where he plays..........I bet he's just glad to get out of China!

20. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, it's ridiculous. We spend all this money, and we go nowhere. But yet we let some of our best players go (eehhhmmm...Sheffield), and bring back 44 year old pitchers for a million a start. The guys on the Yankees I'm excited about are guys like Cano, and that 22 year old pitcher, real young looking kid...can't think of his name at the moment.

21. gopackgo

gopackgo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Baseball: St. Louis Cardinals, who will fight their way into a wild card spot and steal the World Series. Again!

Basketball: Chicago Bulls, who with their recent acquisition Dennis Rodman II, will scare their way into the NBA Finals.

22. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Nah......BREWERS are going all the way this year baby!!!! :thumbsup:

23. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If the Brewers played in their old unis everyday, I'd switch teams. I ALWAYS buy Brewers hats with the old logo. Greatest logo ever!

24. Schmitty

Schmitty Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Im one of those guys that believe in supporting the home team no matter what. The only exception I can make is if you grew up in another stae and are still a fan of that home team, otherwise its a bunch of crap to support another team then your own.

25. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm originally from West Allis, WI, so that's where the love of the Packers comes from. I have a HUGE soft spot for the Brewers and the Bucks, but the Yankees are my team. I don't really have a fav basketball team. My brother-in-law works in publishing and marketing for the Mavericks, so I'm usually pulling for them, but I love watching the Suns.