Your favorite all time wins and worst losses as a Packer fan

Easthound

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What games are your favorite Packer wins of all time, name at least 5-10 games and your worst losses at least 5-10 games? I want to see some long lists.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Let's see.

Wins:
Super Bowl XLV
Super Bowl XXXI
Favre Bowl III
Antonio Freeman's miracle
2011 NFC Championship

Losses:
2008 NFC Championship
Super Bowl XXXII
4th and 26
Favre Bowl I
Favre Bowl II

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best:
49'ers 1995 Playoff
Atlanta 2010 Playoff
3 beat downs of Dallas at Lambeau field
Carolina championship at Lambeau field
Super Bowl XXXI
Super Bowl XLV

Worst:
Championship at Dallas
Atlanta playoff at Lambeau field
2008 championship game
Ram playoff game (Favre 6 TD's)
Viking Wild Card game at Lambeau field (Moss mooning)
Wild Card loss against 49'ers (TO's catch and Rice's fumble that wasn't called a fumble)

GWheels

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wins

Super Bowl XLV
Super Bowl XXXI
Beat Favre this year twice
1996 Championship game against Panthers (I was there)
2011 Championship game

Losses

1998 loss to 49ers (go to hell Owens; Rice fumbled)
Super Bowl loss to Denver
Favre coming back to Lambeau and beating us
4th and 26 game
Falcons and Vick beating us at Lambeau in playoffs

OP
OP
E

Easthound

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best wins:
Super bowl 45 over Pittsburgh.
2010 NFC championship over Chicago.
2010 playoff whooping of the Falcons in Atlanta.
2009 season opener win over Chicago.
28-24 win over Favre and the Vikes this season.
9-0 win over the Jets this season.
Super bowl 31 victory over NE
2007 overtime victory in Denver
2003 wildcard playoff win over Seattle.
Last but not least the 1997 butt kicking off the cowgirls in Lambeau.

Worst losses:
2004 wildcard playoff loss to Minnesota at home
2007 NFC title loss to NY in Lambeau
2003 playoff 4th and 26 loss to Philly.
1998 wildcard playoff loss to SF.
Super bowl loss to Denver.
2003 regular season losses to KC and Philly were both painful.
The entire 2005 season except for 4 games lol.
Losing to Minny twice in 2009.
2008 losses to Carolina and Houston were tough ones.
95 NFC title loss to Dallas.

neilfii

Hall of Fame Fan
Reaction score
Wins:
The Ice Bowl
SB XXXI
SB XLV
2010 NFCC over Chicago
2010 Both wins over Favre
1995 Playoff over 49ers

Losses:
2009 losses to Favre
2009 Playoff loss to Arizona
2007 NFCC loss to NY
SB XXXII

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's see.

Wins:
Super Bowl XLV
Super Bowl XXXI
Favre Bowl III
Antonio Freeman's miracle
2011 NFC Championship

Losses:
2008 NFC Championship
Super Bowl XXXII
4th and 26
Favre Bowl I
Favre Bowl II
I concur.

Would still add GB vs 49ers in the playoffs in 96 and 97 as a good, and the Arizona playoff loss and the TO catch against SF. I still can't get over the fact that the refs screwed us in both.

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best wins:

2009 season opener win over Chicago.

9-0 win over the Jets this season.

2007 overtime victory in Denver

Last but not least the 1997 butt kicking off the cowgirls in Lambeau.

Worst losses:

The entire 2005 season except for 4 games lol.
Losing to Minny twice in 2009.
2008 losses to Carolina and Houston were tough ones.
95 NFC title loss to Dallas.

you got some good ones.

PackfanfromNJ

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best:

Winning Super Bowl XLV
Beating Eagles in Wild-Card round
Beating Seahawks in 07-08 in snow. I was at that game

Worst:

Losing to Giants in 07-08 (hit me hard...for long time, especially after being at Lambeau week before)
Losing to Eagles-4th and...who cares how long it was...we lost

Tecmo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got 10 of each category. I always love discussing this topic with family and friends. I'm only listing ones I saw. I wasn't alive for the Ice Bowl or the Monday night thriller against the Redskins.

Best wins
10. 2010 regular season at Minnesota: We simply embarrassed Favre and the entire Viking organization all day. My only complaint is that the game only lasted 60 minutes.
9. 2003 Wild Card Playoff: We want the ball, and we're gonna score. FAIL.
8. 2010 Wild Card Playoff: This was redemption for Vick beating us in the playoffs in 2002, and for 4th & 26. That and I can't stand Philly fans.
7. 1999 season opener against the Raiders: A game we had no business winning, but Brett brought us back in the final minute. He was pretty emotional after I remember.
6. 2007 NFC Divisional Playoff: Brett's final win as a Packer, and my favorite play of his career(the stumble). The snow just made it more awesome.
5. 2003 regular season finale/Cardinals beat Vikings: We had to win and Minnesota had to lose. I'll just never forget when CBS cut in and gave us an update showing Nate Poole's score. What an emotional day, and 2 weeks(after Favre's father died).
4. 1997 NFC Championship: We were chasing the 49ers all year in the standings so we had to go to San Francisco for the championship, but we dominated them in their house.
3. Super Bowl XXXI: I was a kid when I saw it so I didn't truly appreciate the magnitude of the win, but it was still incredible.
2. 2010 NFC Championship: Beating your most hated rival on their home turf to win the trophy named after their long time owner? It doesn't get any better, except...
1. Super Bowl XLV: Maybe I'm still riding the high, I'm not sure, but this one just seems so, so sweet. Especially after all the embarassment national media brought on the organization after Favregate. And beating an organization that some feel should be the true Titletown. NOPE, it's Green Bay, WI. now and forever.

Worst losses
10. 2008 regular season against Atlanta: It's a personal thing for me. This was the first loss I ever witnessed at Lambeau Field. It sucked.
9. 1999 regular season against Carolina: Ray Rhodes sealed his fate with this one.
8. 2009 regular season at Tampa: I had a bad feeling when the Bucs announced they were bringing out the throwbacks.
7. 2009 regular season against Minnesota: Most of the country got to watch ol' Brett "stick it" to Ted and company at Lambeau Field. Excuse me while I grab my vomit bag.
6. 1998 Wild Card Playoff: Rice fumbled, Rice whined to an official and got a pass interference call, Gabe Wilkins should've been called for roughing the passer, and Rice Fumbled. Did I mention that Rice fumbled? It's crazy that after all these years you can still remember bad calls.
5. 2002 Wild Card Playoff: Vick tore us a new one. The first half was painful to watch.
4. 2001 Divisional Playoff: Quite possibly the lousiest quarterbacking I ever watched in my life. It was embarrassing.
3. 2003 Divisional Playoff: Yes, 4th & 26 sucked but Sherman had some questionable play calling. And don't forget the Favre moonball in OT. It doesn't help that this one was on my birthday.
2. Super Bowl XXXII: This one is all on Mike Holmgren. And I still get sick every time I see the Elway helicopter.
1. 2007 NFC Championship: You can't lose the NFC Championship at Lambeau. You just can't! What a sad night and a terrible way for Brett's career as a Packer to end.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Worst
07 NFC championship.
both games against the vikings in 09.

Best
2010 SB
2010 NFC championship
07 (I think) vs the broncos
Monday night catch by freeman.

gbforever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best wins:
SB XLV: Self-explanatory
2010 NFC Championship: Bears fans will never live that one down :happy0005:
Both victories against the Vikes this year: We won the war Brett, not only by beating you twice this year, but by doing what you couldn't do with "the best team you ever played with." Thanks for destroying the vikes' locker room

2003 Playoffs vs Seahawks: To be fair Hasslebeck did score, for us :haha:

2003 vs the Raiders: never will forget that emotional game, one of the best of Favre's career

2008 season opener vs the vikes: Aaron's first start, a legend is born. Didn't Pat Williams say this would be his first loss? LOL

2010 vs the cowgirls: The first of two coaches to be fired after a game with the Pack

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best:

Super Bowl XLV (most recent memory)
Super Bowl XXXI
Ice Bowl
Divisional playoff game at Atlanta this year
NFC Championship game at Chicago

Worst:

Super Bowl XXXII
Losing to Minn two times in '09
Atlanta playoff loss at Lambeau in 2003 after Pack went 8-0 at home
4th and 26 Philly game

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised more people don't have the Seattle OT win and the Arizona OT loss. Those are two for me. This past Super Bowl is probably at the top though right now. Worst would have to be probably the 2008 NFC champ game or the Favre Bowls... Cards game sticks out too...

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best:
Seattle OT Playoff victory... will NEVER get old

Worst:
Last year's playoff loss... Just the worst way to lose a game, after scrapping and clawing your way back to tie.

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is hard to pick just 5 of each.

Winning that playoff game in San Francisco back in the late nineties in the rain and mud was great. Losing the playoff game out there on that last second Steve Young touchdown pass hurt. The playoff game in St. Louis where our QB threw six int's sucked. Beating the Browns and stopping Jim Brown in the NFL Championship game back in '65 was great.

One could go on and on, back 90 years.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Best wins
Favre to Jennings for the OT win
Stomping of New England in the Super Bowl
Favre destroying Oakland after his father passed away.
Beating Chicago in the NFC Championship
Favre Bowl Part. 2 in Lambeau
The beat down of Atlanta in the playoffs this year
Stomping of San Francisco in the 1995 playoffs
Finally beating the Eagles on the road this season (Twice!!!!)

Worst losses
2007 NFC Championship game
Favre throwing 6 interceptions vs the Rams in the 2002 NFC Championship
The shut out at home vs Chicago
Steve Young finally beating us in the playoffs 1998
Losing to Elway in the Super Bowl
Losing to Favre at home in 2009
Getting swept by Minnesota in 1998
Giving up 50+ points vs the Saints in 2008.
Never beating Dallas on the road since god knows

Some of them I am not going to add, is the 50+ beat down we gave the Saints after Hurricane Katrina. That game just don't feel right on my stomach. Any other time, I love to rub it in my family's face, but that game is not one of them, since we were all going through hell that year after the storm. I try to forget about losing to Rams in the championship, but still not a good memory at all. At least the Rams lost the Super Bowl, that made me feel a tad bit better about it.

Rodgers2Jennings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BEST:

1. Super Bowl XLV
2. Super Bowl XXXI
3. 2011 NFC title game
4. Favre Bowl III & IV :p
5. 2004 Wild Card Game (We Want the Ball we're gonna score!)

WORST:

1. Super Bowl XXXII
2. 4th and 26
3. 1999 Wild Card Game
4. 2008 NFC title game
5. 2005 Wild Card Game

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Best wins
Favre to Jennings for the OT win
Stomping of New England in the Super Bowl
Favre destroying Oakland after his father passed away.
Beating Chicago in the NFC Championship
Favre Bowl Part. 2 in Lambeau
The beat down of Atlanta in the playoffs this year
Stomping of San Francisco in the 1995 playoffs
Finally beating the Eagles on the road this season (Twice!!!!)

Worst losses
2007 NFC Championship game
Favre throwing 6 interceptions vs the Rams in the 2002 NFC Championship
The shut out at home vs Chicago
Steve Young finally beating us in the playoffs 1998
Losing to Elway in the Super Bowl
Losing to Favre at home in 2009
Getting swept by Minnesota in 1998
Giving up 50+ points vs the Saints in 2008.
Never beating Dallas on the road since god knows

Some of them I am not going to add, is the 50+ beat down we gave the Saints after Hurricane Katrina. That game just don't feel right on my stomach. Any other time, I love to rub it in my family's face, but that game is not one of them, since we were all going through hell that year after the storm. I try to forget about losing to Rams in the championship, but still not a good memory at all. At least the Rams lost the Super Bowl, that made me feel a tad bit better about it.

I'm pretty sure that Rams game wasn't the NFC Championship.

It was a divisional round game. The Rams beat Philly to advance to the Super Bowl that year.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Best:
- SB XLV
- SB XXXI
- '10 playoff against Falcons
- '95 playoff against 49ers
- '03 regular season against Raiders

Worst:
- SB XXXII - We were undefeated in SBs until this one. We had to be the team to end the NFC's 13 game winning streak. We lost despite being favored by 13 points. We lost to the Broncos who choked in all their previous SBs! UGH!!!

- '03 playoff against Eagles. No professional football team should EVER give up a 4th and 26. EVER.

- '09 playoff against Cardinals. How do you score 45 points and still lose???

- '02 playoff against Falcons. If we had put up a good fight in this game, I'd be OK with the loss, but we seemed to have a very uninspired effort.

- '98 playoff against 49ers. Very poor clock management on the Packers final drive, giving the 49ers way too much time for their final drive. Steve Young should have been 0-for-career against the Pack!

- '04 playoff against Vikings. We sweep them in the regular season and then this playoff game isn't even close?

L

Lunchboxer

I got 10 of each category. I always love discussing this topic with family and friends. I'm only listing ones I saw. I wasn't alive for the Ice Bowl or the Monday night thriller against the Redskins.

Best wins
10. 2010 regular season at Minnesota: We simply embarrassed Favre and the entire Viking organization all day. My only complaint is that the game only lasted 60 minutes.
9. 2003 Wild Card Playoff: We want the ball, and we're gonna score. FAIL.
8. 2010 Wild Card Playoff: This was redemption for Vick beating us in the playoffs in 2002, and for 4th & 26. That and I can't stand Philly fans.
7. 1999 season opener against the Raiders: A game we had no business winning, but Brett brought us back in the final minute. He was pretty emotional after I remember.
6. 2007 NFC Divisional Playoff: Brett's final win as a Packer, and my favorite play of his career(the stumble). The snow just made it more awesome.
5. 2003 regular season finale/Cardinals beat Vikings: We had to win and Minnesota had to lose. I'll just never forget when CBS cut in and gave us an update showing Nate Poole's score. What an emotional day, and 2 weeks(after Favre's father died).
4. 1997 NFC Championship: We were chasing the 49ers all year in the standings so we had to go to San Francisco for the championship, but we dominated them in their house.
3. Super Bowl XXXI: I was a kid when I saw it so I didn't truly appreciate the magnitude of the win, but it was still incredible.
2. 2010 NFC Championship: Beating your most hated rival on their home turf to win the trophy named after their long time owner? It doesn't get any better, except...
1. Super Bowl XLV: Maybe I'm still riding the high, I'm not sure, but this one just seems so, so sweet. Especially after all the embarassment national media brought on the organization after Favregate. And beating an organization that some feel should be the true Titletown. NOPE, it's Green Bay, WI. now and forever.

Worst losses
10. 2008 regular season against Atlanta: It's a personal thing for me. This was the first loss I ever witnessed at Lambeau Field. It sucked.
9. 1999 regular season against Carolina: Ray Rhodes sealed his fate with this one.
8. 2009 regular season at Tampa: I had a bad feeling when the Bucs announced they were bringing out the throwbacks.
7. 2009 regular season against Minnesota: Most of the country got to watch ol' Brett "stick it" to Ted and company at Lambeau Field. Excuse me while I grab my vomit bag.
6. 1998 Wild Card Playoff: Rice fumbled, Rice whined to an official and got a pass interference call, Gabe Wilkins should've been called for roughing the passer, and Rice Fumbled. Did I mention that Rice fumbled? It's crazy that after all these years you can still remember bad calls.
5. 2002 Wild Card Playoff: Vick tore us a new one. The first half was painful to watch.
4. 2001 Divisional Playoff: Quite possibly the lousiest quarterbacking I ever watched in my life. It was embarrassing.
3. 2003 Divisional Playoff: Yes, 4th & 26 sucked but Sherman had some questionable play calling. And don't forget the Favre moonball in OT. It doesn't help that this one was on my birthday.
2. Super Bowl XXXII: This one is all on Mike Holmgren. And I still get sick every time I see the Elway helicopter.
1. 2007 NFC Championship: You can't lose the NFC Championship at Lambeau. You just can't! What a sad night and a terrible way for Brett's career as a Packer to end.

I dont remember that 1999 Reg season loss to the Panthers or the Ray Rodes year at all. I was Kinda still young but I remember the SB XXXII loss and the Questionable Fumble by Rice in SF. I dont remember that season at all except we did not make the playoffs.

Best Wins.

2011 NFC Game at Chicago. We got Bragging rights for years to come.

Super Bowl XLV

Super Bowl XXXI

Farve Bowl III and IV

The Beat down against the Vikings in their place of busness 31-3 ( I think)

Worse Losses

The 2008 NFC Title game at Green Bay. I felt sick for Months after that.

Super Bowl XXXII We should of won that.

4th and 26th Nuff Said

Favre Bowl I and II