Your Defensive Strategy??

Reaction score
I read that Zeke was in a minor car accident this morning.....I'm glad that he was ok and will be playing on Sunday, I really wouldn't want us beating the Cowboys with that as the excuse as to how we did it. :D
True that. I seriously think we can go into Dallas and get an upset on the road and thats saying a lot because Dallas is a very well oiled machine with few defects this year.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I have never been a Jerry Jones fan, but he has managed to assemble probably one of the best offensive lines in the NFL. I think that will be the key to winning this game, figuring out a way around, through or hold ground against that line. Elliott and Dak remind me a bit of the early days of Lynch and Wilson, but once Seattle started having offensive line issues, both became human again. Contain Elliott, rattle Dak and don't let the big plays hurt you. Capers is going to have to really do some hard core film study and figure out a way to beat the Cowboys offensive line.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with most on here, but I'm afraid people are forgetting how dominant the Cowboys offensive line really is. Just like when people keep talking about how great Rodgers is (he is btw) we are forgetting how much time our offensive line has been consistently giving him. Elliot is a great back, but winning the battle up front against that Cowboys line may be asking more than our D Line is capable of. I think that our Linebackers have to play with great control and not get caught up on blocks inside or Elliot is just going to bounce it out and run free.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have no pass rush worth mentioning, and if we can't put pressure on the second best QB in the league then we're in trouble. It's going to have to be a possession game for Dallas, scoring on most drives and winning the clock.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have never been a Jerry Jones fan, but he has managed to assemble probably one of the best offensive lines in the NFL. I think that will be the key to winning this game, figuring out a way around, through or hold ground against that line. Elliott and Dak remind me a bit of the early days of Lynch and Wilson, but once Seattle started having offensive line issues, both became human again. Contain Elliott, rattle Dak and don't let the big plays hurt you. Capers is going to have to really do some hard core film study and figure out a way to beat the Cowboys offensive line.
lol apparently we were typing at the same time

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Agree. Our d-lineman must win more of the 1 on 1 battles. I don't think our DB's will consistently be successful unless Prescott gets consistent pressure. Dallas has decent to good skill players at every offensive position. Winning first down will be crucial early in the game.

This could end up being a track meet, I have no doubt in our offense. I couldn't say that when we last played the Cowboys. We also turned the ball over 4 times (3 fumbles) that game. One of the big keys to our winning streak has been turnovers and ball management. AR will keep making smart decisions and as long as our ball carriers secure the ball, our offense should put up 30+ on this Dallas defense. It will be up to our Defense to make sure AR has the ball enough and isn't trying to catch up the entire game.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sometimes you just have to bring more than they can block. That's how you neutralize a good offensive line and run game. As I mentioned earlier.. hopefully the backers aren't stuck to blockers and that Clay doesn't run himself out of the play!!! He's got a bad habit of overrunning the play! He used to be solid against the run...now he's just running around out there.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Sometimes you just have to bring more than they can block. That's how you neutralize a good offensive line and run game. As I mentioned earlier.. hopefully the backers aren't stuck to blockers and that Clay doesn't run himself out of the play!!! He's got a bad habit of overrunning the play! He used to be solid against the run...now he's just running around out there.

Agreed. Which means Ryan, Martinez and Thomas are going to have to come up big. I can see pinching Burnett up close to the LOS as often as we can get away with it. This is one game where Shields will definitely be missed!

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
We have no pass rush worth mentioning, and if we can't put pressure on the second best QB in the league then we're in trouble. It's going to have to be a possession game for Dallas, scoring on most drives and winning the clock.
I didn't know you guys were playing New England this weekend. ;)

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When you say WRs like him do you mean Julio Jones? Because he got help alll game versus Jones. I don't think Gunter can cover Dez Bryant 1 on 1. May be wise to move him to Williams side and take your chances with Hyde. With Hyde he's hot good ball skills and he's more fluent than Gunter. Should be interesting to see if Capers plays it how he did the first game. Either way Dak threw for over 230 yds and for 3 touchdowns without Dez while Zeke still was able to kill us on the ground.

Julio Jones and Dez are very different receivers. Jones wins with sheer freakish speed and size while Dez wins by being the most physical receiver in the NFL. It's like Randy Moss vs Terrell Owens. Both very good but both not similar in how they play the game.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You need a secondary that can hold up...i.e., a secondary that not's missing 4 of their top 5 options at corner. Confusing the QB and being selective in the blitz would be the best bet. Just move guys around in the secondary and keep Dak guessing about what the coverage is; they did that fairly frequently against Eli, showing him things he had not seen before with safeties in odd spots and it confused him. Try to confuse Dak and blitz occasionally in a good matchup.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ummmmm.........theeeee best QB in the league.

Reaction score
I almost wonder if we shouldn't move him back inside for opponents who have a stellar rushing attack. It gets Perry and Peppers on the outside and CM3 and Ryan Shooting up the middle and plugging the gaps

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let Rodgers be Rodgers and make them play catch up. Put the burden on dak to keep up with the score.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read that Zeke was in a minor car accident this morning.....I'm glad that he was ok and will be playing on Sunday, I really wouldn't want us beating the Cowboys with that as the excuse as to how we did it. :D

I'm glad he's not hurt but I wouldn't mind if he got locked in the bathroom Sunday afternoon and couldn't get out until say 7:00 PM. Any chance he'll be suspended because of the accident?

D

Deleted member 6794

When you say WRs like him do you mean Julio Jones? Because he got help alll game versus Jones. I don't think Gunter can cover Dez Bryant 1 on 1. May be wise to move him to Williams side and take your chances with Hyde. With Hyde he's hot good ball skills and he's more fluent than Gunter. Should be interesting to see if Capers plays it how he did the first game. Either way Dak threw for over 230 yds and for 3 touchdowns without Dez while Zeke still was able to kill us on the ground.

I was obviously talking about Gunter covering Bryant. He´s a physical cornerback being able to match up pretty well with receivers like Dez as he doesn´t have to be afraid being beaten by his speed. I would prefer Hyde to cover Williams and putting Randall on Beasley for most of the game.

Sometimes you just have to bring more than they can block. That's how you neutralize a good offensive line and run game.

Unfortunately that would result in a lot of one-on-one matchups for the Packers cornerbacks.

I almost wonder if we shouldn't move him back inside for opponents who have a stellar rushing attack. It gets Perry and Peppers on the outside and CM3 and Ryan Shooting up the middle and plugging the gaps

Matthews was a below average inside linebacker for the 1 1/2 years he played there and in my opinion there´s no reason to move him back as long as Ryan, Thomas and Martinez are healthy.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No way in heck can the Packers just rely on the corners on the outside to match up consistently 1 on 1. The Dallas WRs are not bad.. and Beasley ate our lunch in the first game. Now if Shields was playing? That's a different story. He could shadow Dez... but we don't have a single guy who can take a wr out of the game at corner. Yet alone line up against Dez Bryant 1 on 1 with no help. IMO Dez Bryant is still an elite wr when he's on.

Not to mention Jason Whitten! The middle of the field is always so wide open in Capers defense! so there's another reason you can't commit everything to stop Zeke. Honestly the best we can hope for is that Daniels, Clark, and Guion to all play out of their minds, and for all the backers especially Clay Matthews to be able to get off the darn blocks! I honestly would would play Hyde on the outside against Dez and slide Randall to the inside against Beasley. Seems like a better matchup. It would also help if Tyron Smith didn't play as well!

Believe it or not but Gunter is a pretty good matchup on Dez Bryant with him being a bigger target for Gunters jams, that and Prescott throws darts but cant really throw loft passes consistently. Randall versus Beasley, if the Randall we saw against New York shows up we'll be fine in coverage. Randall is a talented CB who needs to not play the position the Sam Shields way.

I think we'll see a lot of Morgan Burnett at ILB, use him both to counter Zeke and to cover Whitten up the seam. Otherwise I think Jake Ryan should be up to the task, his improvement in both zone and man coverage has really been remarkable.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think we'll see a lot of Morgan Burnett at ILB, use him both to counter Zeke and to cover Whitten up the seam. Otherwise I think Jake Ryan should be up to the task, his improvement in both zone and man coverage has really been remarkable.

I expect Burnett to cover Witten for most of the game as well but believe the Packers will mostly use Ryan and Martinez at inside linebacker to stop the run.

Members online

Latest posts