1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Your credit card

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by FrankRizzo, Oct 10, 2012.

1. FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,679
    This is pretty scary & frankly unbelievable that the CC companies are this stupid &/or arrogant &/or negligent &/or reckless:

2. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,029
    So, if I carry a piece of foil in my wallet, I'm protected? What happens to the RFID chip if I microwave my card?

3. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    I'm going to guess that if there are little bits of metal in there that they could spark and possibly set the card on fire and melt it?
    And it might damage your microwave.
    They do show someone removing the chip with an exacto knife.
    And there is some kind of envelope you can get.
    Maybe you could report it stolen or missing to the one who issued it, they would block it and request a new one that doesn't have the chip?

I'm the kind of guy that would feel silly pulling my card out of a piece of tinfoil at the cash register.
    But I won't feel embarrassed if I pull it out from underneath my tinfoil hat. Go figure.

4. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Some thoughts from seeing this vid.
    Gee. Thanx a lot news team. You just gave me (And others) a great idea on how to make my own credit cards! LOL

Are there any lurkers or members here that would see it and execute that idea?

Beware of men carrying purses that are getting close to you.
    If you're a man, either he's gay and trying to hit up on you or steal your credit card info.

I don't have those chips in any of my cards.
    But I do protect my privacy.
    I shred anything with my name and address on it and my receipts.
    Even though the numbers may be x'd out, I still feel like what I spent is nobody's business but mine anyway.

5. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    I'm actually more upset at the damn dirty D- heads who made the gear for making it possible for thieves to do this. :mad:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,029
    The videos show the chip detonating. Is the chip destroyed previous to that point? Just need it to become unusable, not remove it. Some type of EMP or strong magnetic field (MRI)
    I would hope a clerk does not accept the card if it shows a hole in it.
    Aluminum wallet. I was thinking, put the foil in with the "real" paper money. I wonder if that works. Gotta hope the post office people are legit.