Your Biggest Question

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Heading into the draft, what question are you still wondering about that might heavily impact draft plans?

For me, it's their vision for the offensive line.

We know that David Bakhtiari and Josh Myers are set at left tackle and center. That's where my confidence ends.

Is Elgton Jenkins in their future plans at LG or RT?

If they want him at RT, are they happy with the combo of Runyan and Newman going into the future? Or would they want to replace one or both?

If they want Jenkins at LG, then do they have future plans for Yosh Nijman? Is there any chance than Runyan can play RT?

Depending on how you answer these questions, the Packers might want an immediate upgrade at guard, an immediate starter at tackle, or simple depth at both, and that's going to heavily impact where they decide to draft OL.

So what questions are bugging you? And do you have any thoughts about this one?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
No questions, just draft the best player on your board with all 11 picks and we'll be just fine. Any remaining holes can be filled with lower priced free agents.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I always thought it was an asteroid that hit near the Gulf of Mexico.

I wonder if anyone was surfing in the area when the tidal wave hit. What a way to go out!
On an evolutionary time scale, the asteroid is closer to us in time than it is to the Jurassic era. Also Cleopatra is closer in time to Kim Kardashian than she is to the construction of the Great Pyramid or the Sphinx.

Reaction score
On an evolutionary time scale, the asteroid is closer to us in time than it is to the Jurassic era. Also Cleopatra is closer in time to Kim Kardashian than she is to the construction of the Great Pyramid or the Sphinx.
Well you’re just filled with fun facts aren’t you? :geek:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am one hundred percent there at OL with you as main. Their belief in Runyan and Newman I think will be stated before the end of Day 2. Upgrading guard play is one of the ways many fail to discuss when wanting to see our passing offense excel no matter who is at WR.

For discussionary reasons I’ll bring up two others -

Their belief that the future of TE1 is in the building…do they target a TE before the end of the third? Why would they if they feel Deguara or Tonyan is the answer they’ll invest serious capital in for the future…Deguara and Tonyan being very different TE types and Davis potentially an answer but very unproven I think an early pick will illustrate in house we question the existence of our future at TE.

Likewise ILB is that as well…safety is one others may say but we simply have a massive need there for future and wouldn’t shock anyone. ILB we locked in Campbell for years, Barnes has been solid and McDuffie and Summers respectibly are there and the organization likes them. BUT upgrading that off ball #2 could be the quickest and easiest way in 2022 of boosting this defense and would express the teams belief that they don’t believe Barnes is going to be an investment for the team into the future.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I am one hundred percent there at OL with you as main. Their belief in Runyan and Newman I think will be stated before the end of Day 2. Upgrading guard play is one of the ways many fail to discuss when wanting to see our passing offense excel no matter who is at WR.

For discussionary reasons I’ll bring up two others -

Their belief that the future of TE1 is in the building…do they target a TE before the end of the third? Why would they if they feel Deguara or Tonyan is the answer they’ll invest serious capital in for the future…Deguara and Tonyan being very different TE types and Davis potentially an answer but very unproven I think an early pick will illustrate in house we question the existence of our future at TE.

Likewise ILB is that as well…safety is one others may say but we simply have a massive need there for future and wouldn’t shock anyone. ILB we locked in Campbell for years, Barnes has been solid and McDuffie and Summers respectibly are there and the organization likes them. BUT upgrading that off ball #2 could be the quickest and easiest way in 2022 of boosting this defense and would express the teams belief that they don’t believe Barnes is going to be an investment for the team into the future.
According to PFF, Newman finished slightly below average in grades. Runyan and Nijman finished slightly above average in grades. I think it's reasonable to think that all three are probably going to improve given their youth and pro inexperience.
What the staff feels could be completely different. Like you stated, it will be interesting to see how quickly they pull the trigger, and to the extent they do so. I suspect a tackle and someone that can be moved to guard will both be drafted but that doesn't necessarily mean the staff has doubts in the current players ability to perform better this year. It could be that they think they need more youthful bodies in house for the future.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally feel they only need to draft 1 offensive lineman. If they draft 2 I believe it is more of an indictment on Jenkins health than there confidence in Newman, Nijman and Runyan.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I personally feel they only need to draft 1 offensive lineman. If they draft 2 I believe it is more of an indictment on Jenkins health than there confidence in Newman, Nijman and Runyan.

All is relative to when. If we wait till late day 3, I’d for sure expect two without a doubt and I’d bet it is more likely we pick three than it is we pick just one.

However you draft a Tyler Smith day 1 or if he falls to Day 2 or a Zach Tom type I could see us not getting another because of belief of what we have

McKnowledge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My biggest question is when is the draft?

Come on, you know some of you were thinking it. I can take it.

April 28th-30th, 2022

Caesars Forum Paradise, Las Vegas, Nevada

Day 1: Round 1 April 28th @ 8 et

Day 2: Round 2 & 3 April 29th @ 7 et

Day 3: Round 4-7 April 30th @ 12 et

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m bummed I’ll be umpiring Thursday night…be done around 10pm….May miss a pick of ours but all of you know how much this is killing me.

Dang Draft is a holiday to me lol

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Will they draft a wr before the 4th rd. I remember 4 years ago wr was a need in a good wr draft..and we get a 5th rd 6th rd and 7th rd wr. Or 3 years ago wr heavy draft..none taken.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My big question is why is it so important about the age of a rookie? Answer: It is just not very important.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My big question is why is it so important about the age of a rookie? Answer: It is just not very important.
Actually it is in some cases.

Guys that are younger should be further from their ceilings, vastly more growth possible body wise, potential for more years in the organization….not too mention one could argue especially with late limited production guys that are older illustrate or cause flags raised as to why it took so stinking long.

Sometimes there are obvious and valid reasons and answers other times not. It is a sound practice though to pick younger prospects over older

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually it is in some cases.

Guys that are younger should be further from their ceilings, vastly more growth possible body wise, potential for more years in the organization….not too mention one could argue especially with late limited production guys that are older illustrate or cause flags raised as to why it took so stinking long.

Sometimes there are obvious and valid reasons and answers other times not. It is a sound practice though to pick younger prospects over older
Yes, there are variables and should be taken into consideration. But a blanket "pick the young guy" over the guy that is two or three years older is not any kind of answer. Well, it is an answer.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, there are variables and should be taken into consideration. But a blanket "pick the young guy" over the guy that is two or three years older is not any kind of answer. Well, it is an answer.

I would one hundred percent target younger guys personally. An older guy would need to be absolutely special in some aspect for me to not go younger route.

This is an older draft class in general so I expect some traditional norms be broke by Gute and Co. Gute did today again confirm the drafts focus in not the now but the future - which I think was his way of reinforcing he won’t be forced into a specific position mindset.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts