Your 1st game @ Lambeau

Ghost of Billy Mays

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know not everyone on here has been to a game, and maybe this has been posted before, but let's hear some 1st experiences at the hallowed grounds of Lambeau field.

For me it was Dec. 24th, 1995. Green Bay vs. Pittsburgh. Endzone seats on the north end of the field, all the way @ the top. I could turn around and see the parking lot (before renovations). Close game from start to finish from what I remember, Favre got knocked out so McMahon had to come in. Pittsburg was down by a score 3-4 points or something, driving, ball at the 10-15 yard line, last play of the game, Neil O'Donnell finds a wide open Yancey Thigpen in the north endzone, and he drops it. Packers win their 1st NFC Central title in 20 something years. We partied like it was 1999 in the stands after that. My biggest memory from that day though, was walking into the stadium from the concourse, and the hair on the back of neck literally stood up, while I stopped and stared in amazement.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Mine was the '010 season when they played the Buffalo Bills. I'll never forget that game. Undefeated season, all the major media hype over "Rodger Vs. Brohm: Did the Packers let go too soon?" I remember the nerve of some of the "Packers" fans wearing BLUE BROHM JERSEY'S!

afterwards I got to meet Al Harris who told me a secret...

4 MORE YEARS! 4 MORE YEARS! 4 MORE YEARS! 4 MORE YEARS!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My first packer game was when they played at Camp Randall in madison, wi.

First Lambeau game? not sure really. Its terrible I know.

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
1st game-Nov 29, 2004. MOnday Night Football, Favre's 200th Start, Wifes 21st B day, Club Seats, Wife bought her first beer at Lambeau Field! Packers 45 Rams 17!

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1973 pre season game, Packers Vs. Buffalo Bills. Green Bay had Hunter, Brockington, & Lane in the backfield, on defense, Jim Carter, Willie Buchanon & Mike McCoy. Dan Devine ha been in the playoffs in that magical 1972 year. "The Packers are fine with Devine!"

The Bills had the "Juice" ( this was before his Ginsu knife antics!)

We sat about the 30 yard line about 30 rows up. Final score? Of course the Packers won 10 -3.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
not sure of date but Packers played the Rams at County Stadium, Lynn ****ey got his leg broke in that game, dont even know who won, since I was pretty young at the time

A. Rodgers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mine was the season opener in 07. GB versus Philly. I think green bay won like 3 to 6 so it was kinda boring :(

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jan. 12 2008, Packers vs Seahawks divisional playoffs. It was snowing like hell and PERFECT weather to see my 1st game at Lambeau. Ill never forget Brett throwing snowballs at people on the sidelines!! :icon_mrgreen:

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dear lord, you guys are making me feel ancient! My first game was during the Bengston years but I was just a kid so I don't remember much about that game...

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dear lord, you guys are making me feel ancient! My first game was during the Bengston years but I was just a kid so I don't remember much about that game...

I doubt most fans could tell you who Bengston even is...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL just saw it was 1st game AT Lambeau

It was either Lions playoff game, or the Pitt Thigpen drop game.,.

Cant recall what happened 1st

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt most fans could tell you who Bengston even is...

Lombardi hired Phil Bengston to run his defense in 1959. Few people know that he was the defensive co-ordinator for the San Fran 49ers at the time...his "Frisco" defense was pretty state of the art in the late 50's / early 60's.

Members online

Latest posts