1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

You Vikings fans will love this...

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by nathaniel, Jun 21, 2008.

1. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I bought a pack of the new Topps RP cards and got an Adrian Peterson game used jersey card. I was joking with a few of my friends and told them I was going to videotape myself burning the card and put it up on YouTube, haha! I was kidding of course, but they were all for it. It's a pretty sweet card, but I'll probably get rid of it and get something with a lot less purple.

2. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Sweet pull Nathaniel!
    The best Adrian Peterson cards I pulled out of 2007 packs was the Topps Chrome TC181 Refractor, and the Topps Chrome TC181 XFractor.
    I also pulled from Bowman the AP "Draft Day Selections" jersey card, (DJ-AP) and the "Fabric of the future" FF-AP jersey card. The 2 jersey cards book for $40 each, and the "Refractor" $60 and XFractor $100.
    I'm gonna hold onto them, cause if he keeps going like he started they could become a really valuable part of my collection.
    I kept the Fleer Mystique 2000 Tom Brady card i pulled, never knowing he would ever amount to anything. Today that card books for $100.

I bought an Aaron Rouse Playoff Contenders 2007 autographed card, and only paid $4.79! And that was with shipping! I watch for good deals like that on Ebay. If he turns out to be a star, then it's a great deal. If not, i lost $5. I picked up a Press Pass "Gridiron Graphs" Jordy Nelson autograph for real reasonable too. You just have to watch and try to get the best deal. Of course I'd rather pull the card from a pack, but this way i got his autograph for certain, without just "hoping" to pull one.
    I have pulled several Brett Favre jersey cards over the years, and of course that was always a HUGE high!
    I have also pulled autographs of Dorsey Levens, Antonio Freeman, and Will Blackmon.

3. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I haven't had too many great pulls. That AP is the best football pull I've gotten. I use to spend a ton on packs because I used to love putting together sets (I hated just buying the whole sets in boxes. What fun is that? Haha), but then I decided just to go on Ebay and spend what I would for a few packs on cards I really want. I bought a sweet Brett Favre/Robert Ferguson dual jersey card a few months ago. But I love opening packs, so I'll pick up a few occasionally, especially when they release the first series of rookie cards.

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I'm that way too. I love to open packs, with the possible thrill of pulling a great card. Back in 1998 i pulled my first autographed card from a pack, which came out of "Collectors Edge Masters". It's a Emmitt Smith, numbered 19 of 50. I about passed out when i saw that card! In 2006 i pulled a AJ Hawk auto out of Topps. Last year i pulled autos of Sidney Rice and Anthony Gonzalez out of Topps Chrome, and Marshawn Lynch out of Topps DPP. I pulled a Shaquille O'Neal auto out of Topps basketball in 2006. And a Alex Rodriquez auto out of Topps Fusion in 2001.
    In 2002 i pulled a dual jersey of Joe Montana and John Elway (King of Kings) out of Topps football, and in 2004 a Tom Brady autograhed "SuperTix" signed Super Bowl ticket stub out of Topps.
    In baseball , in 2003 i pulled one of my favorite cards, a quad game used bat card of Reggie Jackson, Eddie Mathews, Frank Robinson and Babe Ruth numbered 17 of 25.
    I have lots more good cards.......too many to list. Another of my favs though is a card from Topps "American Pie" with a piece of Humphrey Bogarts handkerchief.

5. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow! I told my wife if I ever pulled an A-Rod auto (we're big Yankees fans), then we were going to stop buying lotto tickets, cause pulling that card would have used up all of our luck for a lifetime! Do you buy packs from a card shop? We don't have any card shops around here. I'd have to drive up to Cedar Rapids for the nearest one.

I used to buy the $10 packs at Target, and I got an Alfonso Soriano World Baseball Classic quad jersey card. I once pulled a Chipper Jones jersey card, but I traded it for a Gary Sheffield jersey card. I've never pulled an auto except for a Sage Hit Chris Henry rookie auto, which was in a retail box that guaranteed one auto. The card wasn't in a pack, and it was just sitting at the bottom of the box, so I don't really count that one, haha!

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    We don't have any card shops around here either. I go to Target and Shopko to get cards. With the ARod auto, i was lucky. A guy showed me how to feel the authenticity sticker that Topps put on the back of the cards in the corner, and i was able to feel the sticker. That told me that there was an autographed card in the pack, but of course i had NO idea who it was. I was REALLY shocked when it turned out to be him!
    With the AJ Hawk auto, i got it in a rack pack. You could see through the celophane that there was a blue colored card in the pack, so i knew it was an insert, and not just a "normal" card. So again, i bought the pack cause i knew there was something different in it. I was thrilled when it turned out to be a Hawk auto.
    Back in 2001 i was at Target, and i saw that one of the packs was alot thicker, and had a weird bump in it. I didn't know if it was a miscut card (which i have found a couple of times, where clippings got into the packs) or what it was. Turns out it was a Donruss Studio Artists Proof card of Ivan Rodriguez, numbered 6 of 25, with a piece of game used bat, game used jersey, and autograph! The reason it had the weird bump was that the piece of jersey has part of the edge from one of the letters on his jersey, so it's real thick at that spot, and caused the pack to buldge in that area.
    I wasn't gonna buy the pack, thinking it was just a piece of junk that got stuck in with the cards. But i sure was glad i did buy it!
    With packs, look for anything unusual. Thickness can sometimes give you a better chance at pulling something special. Although sometimes it turns out to just be a thick piece of cardboard they randomly insert to "fool" people. And if you can see the cards through the celophane, look for anything that looks different then the normal cards. That can tip you off to a insert being in the pack. Heck, i can't afford to just buy lots of packs. Being disabled cut WAY down on my "disposable income". So any little trick i can learn to give me a better shot at getting something special helps.