You say new running back, I say new....

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coach. McCarthy is by no means the worst coach in the NFL, but let me explain why I think this team is under performing.

The first and most obvious reason is the injuries. This obviously can't be hung on McCarthy.

The part that I hang on McCarthy is this number. Take away the Buffalo game and the Packers are being out outscored in the second half 52-31. Why is that? The Packers are continually outscored and out game planned in the second half. Other teams always make adjustments against our offense in the second half. The offense goes quiet and then the defense is left on the field too often. Let's be honest, if you are a Packer fan, you have to see this defense isn't good enough to continually stop teams. I know I know, we love our Packers so obviously we have an "awesome" defense. But for the rest of us in the real world, we can see that we have to blitz to get any pressure.

So it really is a catch 22... McCarthy gets out coached and we can't with stand an air attack in the second half of games.

I just ask you to pay attention to the second halfs and how we start going three and out much more frequently in the second half.

Munny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do the Lions, Bears and Redskins games all have in common? Yeah, games we lost or nearly lost in the 2nd half when we easily should have won.

Last year there were a portion of games that went the same way. McCarthy gets to conservative and our Defense adjustments follow the bend but don't break scheme. Teams are left in the game and the outcome is much closer than it should have been.

That tends to leave teams in the game and a few Packer mishaps away from winning the game.

Our MAJOR problem this year is not having a quality RB. We cannot control the clock nor can we grind their D-Line down. 3rd and 1 empty backfields does not cut it in the NFL. Yes we have a beast of a QB and damn good receiving corps but look at the issues passing 50 times to 10 runs a game.

Playoffs? I don't think so, not with the injuries and in my opinion bad 2nd half adjustments. Superbowl? A healthy Packer team that would have been possible.

The coaching staff/Thompson made a bad decision in not going out and seeking a replacement for Grant. Now it is biting them in the ***. I don't know but to me McCarthy and Thompson need to pull their heads out of their *****.

Hell even the football analysts are shocked at the lack of corrective action taken by our team.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say new QUARTERBACK as I've always said. He said last week he wanted the ball when the game was on the line, and had it at the end of regulation and GAVE IT up to Crosby to try to win the game.

He then had it on OT, and GAVE IT to Washington via INT to win the game. Most say we need a new running back I say we need an upgrade from Chokon Rodgers.

3irty1

Fear the Dreads!
Reaction score
Rodger's interceptions are irritating this season, but you'r out of your mind to say that if we replace Rodgers then our problems are fixed... Your delusional not to see that no run game affects how defenses play against our offense, and therefore hurt Rodger's productivity. Its also irrefutable to suggest there's even a close quarterback that can compare to the skill level of Rodgers AVAILABLE. (Hint: Manning and Brees are not available)

Recursive

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say new QUARTERBACK as I've always said. He said last week he wanted the ball when the game was on the line, and had it at the end of regulation and GAVE IT up to Crosby to try to win the game.

He then had it on OT, and GAVE IT to Washington via INT to win the game. Most say we need a new running back I say we need an upgrade from Chokon Rodgers.

Easily the dumbest thing I've ever read. When Rodgers chokes its usually due to the O-Line getting penetrated, which in turn puts pressure in his face. Hence, the concussion on the last throw by Rodgers in OT yesterday. When Rodgers has time, he is near perfect. So with that said, I think the best move for GB right now is to move Clifton and Tauscher to the bench. Move Bulaga over and put Lang in his current spot. These young guys will out perform the old guys, and if one of the new guys gets hurt, we have some decent veteran back ups. I think that will solve a lot of problems and will allow the running game to get in gear and give Rodgers more time to be the awesome QB we all know he is. As for the run game, Jackson is not the break away running back we need, but he can get the job done as we all saw yesterday. He just needs a little more work, less hesitation & WAYYYY more snaps. Dont I recall McCarthy saying that if anything happened to Grant he has total faith in Jackson? I dont get that vibe from his actions at all. I mean look how many times he put our FB in at HB.

O- Line issues are really the root of our less than potent offense. That is my humble opinion.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score

If you think QB play is why we're losing games, you're absolutely insane. Since you're just gonna spam, that's my last thought on the matter.

Regardless, OP is a very well written post that I agree wholeheartedly with. I think coaching is the biggest problem here. Even with good Oline play, if we're not calling the right plays and following the right gameplan, we're not going to win the big games.

erik_m_vos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you insane? Rodgers needs replaced? wow! When he has time to throw, he's one of the most accurate and amazing QB's in the NFL. Do you not remember is amazing 3rd down completion percentage rating? Do you not remember his 4000+ yards in his first two seasons? Rodgers is definitely not the problem. In fact, he's honestly the ONLY thing that has kept us 3-2 not 0-5

gbpack12_2_89

Bleeding Green and Gold
Reaction score

Realpackerbacker my *** why don't you go o the Vikings forum n kiss Brents *** there n just stay off this site cuz your deffinatly not a packer fan. Fans stick with there team through thick n thin and support every player on the team no matter what (yes that also goes for jarret bush even tho he does suck he is on the packers roster n u gotta stick by him cuz he will make a play that will change a game)

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodger's interceptions are irritating this season, but you'r out of your mind to say that if we replace Rodgers then our problems are fixed... Your delusional not to see that no run game affects how defenses play against our offense, and therefore hurt Rodger's productivity. Its also irrefutable to suggest there's even a close quarterback that can compare to the skill level of Rodgers AVAILABLE. (Hint: Manning and Brees are not available)

I'm not saying FIXED. I'm saying getting rid of Rodgers is a damn good place to start. Get a QB that can win a game in the 4th quarter.

profile_removed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you insane? Rodgers needs replaced? wow! When he has time to throw, he's one of the most accurate and amazing QB's in the NFL. Do you not remember is amazing 3rd down completion percentage rating? Do you not remember his 4000+ yards in his first two seasons? Rodgers is definitely not the problem. In fact, he's honestly the ONLY thing that has kept us 3-2 not 0-5

I agree with this post...for the first 58 minutes of the game. Look at his numbers when the Pack is LOSING in the final minutes of games. THEN tell me how great he is. Until then keep your Ron Jaworski stats to yourself, I've already heard them before.

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

Rogers throws the INT because hes being haggled by the Other teams D. He has to throw that ball out of there in a hurry on most cases.

Our O line has improved but needs more 1st round picks for Oline people.

And maybe Draft a RB. But thats wishful thinking.

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

I agree with this post...for the first 58 minutes of the game. Look at his numbers when the Pack is LOSING in the final minutes of games. THEN tell me how great he is. Until then keep your Ron Jaworski stats to yourself, I've already heard them before.

Quit being such a Negative Nancy. Its not because of Rogers its the Play Calling from MM

Unexpected

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not saying FIXED. I'm saying getting rid of Rodgers is a damn good place to start. Get a QB that can win a game in the 4th quarter.

So you believe we should look past the fact that we kinda lost starting RB, TE, LB, CB, SS, ect ect ect to IR or long recovery injuries...and instead of address those issues we pull a quarterback performing better than most in the league and replace him with ????

Maybe, as bat-s**t-crazy as it sounds, maybe we should consider a running back who faster a freaking linebacker so Rodgers doesn't HAVE to go empty set shotgun on 3 and 1. Huh. Just my crazy thought for the day.

Munny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers is definitely NOT the problem right now. Just suggesting it alone proves your ignorance. We have no running game, NONE. Teams are sitting back and teeing off on Rodgers. The opponents defensive line has 1 thing in mind - KILL THE QB. Without a run game to respect and wear out the defensive lines of our opponents Rodgers is a marked man.

Our failures do not belong on Rodgers shoulders, period. Only fools would suggest so.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts