Votes: 16 53.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you're trying to say.

I agreed with the call, it didn't work, but I'd do the same thing again in that situation. My point is get people thinking about the situation without reference to the outcome. It is simply too easy to like the call when it works and not like it when it doesn't.
You set up the poll and said it wasn't based on any particular play or past situation. Yet the discussion almost immediately turned into the situation in the past game.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

You set up the poll and said it wasn't based on any particular play or past situation. Yet the discussion almost immediately turned into the situation in the past game.
To be clear, I didn't say anything about "past situations". I specified the situation. I said "past games", i.e., any specific past outcome (obviously referring to this past game) and to not apply 20/20 highsight.

Half the voters say they would go for it even though the specific play freshest in memory didn't work. Some percentage of those favoring the FG would have stuck with that opinion if it was a FG attempt and it was blocked.

Most readers here got what I was getting at: put yourself in the coach's shoes without 20/20 hindsight. Or put another way, if the same situation arose again in the next game, what would you do? You should give your readers more credit.

Some chose to qualify what they would do based on more situational variables. That's OK. Even as the quetion is posed, one's opinion is based on experiece of a collection of such similar plays, Packers or otherwise, as a question of probabilities. That's OK.

Expecting everybody to avoid dissecting the play that obviously gave rise to poll is hardly surprising to me, and I don't have any problem with it even if it happens to be "off topic" as it were.

Last edited by a moderator:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked the call, not the result. MM would have taken the three. End of story.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My point is get people thinking about the situation without reference to the outcome. It is simply too easy to like the call when it works and not like it when it doesn't.
That's definitely not the case with me. If you look in the Shoutbox archive, you can see I said we should kick the field goal before the play. I get why people want to be aggressive, but I haven't seen anything to change my mind.

Members online

Latest posts