• Go For It

Votes: 14 46.7%
  • Kick the FG

Votes: 16 53.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
H

HardRightEdge

Without reference to any past game or any 20/20 hindsight, the situation is you have a 14-10 lead with the ball on the opponent's 1 yard line. There's 0:02 left on the clock at the end of the first half, time for one play. What do you do?

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol...
Kick the field goal.

Especially if, hypothetically, You are going to receive the second half kickoff.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
How did I get there and get the lead? Dominant running game? fluke ST plays? Defense scores? TO return? If I am playing solid I go for a kill shot. If I'm lucky to be in the game vs a superior opponent or otherwise playing like crap, I take the points.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

How did I get there and get the lead? Dominant running game? fluke ST plays? Defense scores? TO return? If I am playing solid I go for a kill shot. If I'm lucky to be in the game vs a superior opponent, I take the points.
Maybe we need second poll asking if any of that actually matters. ;)

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Probably kick the FG especially since it appeared conditions of the field would worsen over the next 2 quarters and make FGs iffy. However, I don't have an issue with the call. I would have preferred that if they were being aggressive there, then stay aggressive and go for the 1st down on the 37 (or whatever it was)

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting it across the goal line is all that matters. Pass it and we should run it, kick it and we’re too conservative. Spread them out and we should just be able to dive it in for one yard. Line up and play smash mouth and we should’ve spread them out.

Kick it, run it, spread it out, pas bootlegs whatever, you can’t leave one of their best defensive players free at the point of attack.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we lined it up and dominated up front for a 3rd and 1 on that same drive. I had zero issue with going for it, or the play call. At some point you gotta find out if you can just line it up and get it done.

gbgary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Without reference to any past game or any 20/20 hindsight, the situation is you have a 14-10 lead with the ball on the opponent's 1 yard line. There's 0:02 left on the clock at the end of the first half, time for one play. What do you do?
i take the 3. i had no problem with the play they called though, once they decided to go for it, except for 69's execution.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And now mine doesn’t make sense, but that’s fairly normal I guess

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For me I say go for the FG because there was only 2 seconds left. If you don't score at TD you come up empty. I'd rather be 7 points up on my opponent at the half instead of 4.

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think going for it shows the team LaFleur trusts them, and wants to be aggressive. Those are good things.

Scoring a TD, and then scoring after halftime, effectively puts the game away.

I think it was worth the risk.

ARPackFan

Knock it off with them negative waves
Reaction score
I think going for it shows the team LaFleur trusts them, and wants to be aggressive. Those are good things.

Scoring a TD, and then scoring after halftime, effectively puts the game away.

I think it was worth the risk.

I like the call. You have Aaron Rodgers as the QB and Jones has been a beast all day. If Bakhtiari gets off the ball on the snap I think it would have been a TD.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I like the idea of going for it.

I didn't particularly care for the play call, especially since there was no fullback in the game at the time.

I remember a similar situation a few years back, at the end of the game against Miami. That time, the Pack lined up in what looked like a run formation, and then split their tight end (Quarles) out wide, leaving him single covered by a linebacker who was put in the game to stuff a run up the middle. Quarles, being more athletic, easily won the one-on-one battle, and Rodgers made the easy throw for a TD.

I like that play call.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With a mobile QB (AR) who excels outside of the pocket I would've rolled him out to the right looking for a receiver/RB in the flat or run it in himself. We don't have the horses up front to power-run up the middle when they've got the box loaded...haven't had them in 14 years since Ahman Green left and took the run game with him.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a defensive struggle, sure. especially on the road i definitely lean towards taking the points. From the 3 or 4? again, leaning towards easy points.

We were moving the ball well and were already going into the half with a lead. and we got the ball back, I felt pretty good we were going up by a couple possessions before Carolina would even see the ball again.

We were doing very well up front in the run game and i'm pretty sure we lined up and smashed them in the mouth for that 3rd and short in this same drive. I don't care if you run or pass, just get it in. A full back can clog it up in the back field too. it's just another play to run. You let 2 interior rushers in free like that, it won't matter if you have a DT lined up back there too that play was going nowhere.

Block it up right and we're talking about a 4th down call that worked.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In a defensive struggle, sure. especially on the road i definitely lean towards taking the points.

We were moving the ball well and were already going into the half with a lead. and we got the ball back, I felt pretty good we were going up by a couple possessions before Carolina would even see the ball again.

We were doing very well up front in the run game and i'm pretty sure we lined up and smashed them in the mouth for that 3rd and short in this same drive. I don't care if you run or pass, just get it in. A full back can clog it up in the back field too. it's just another play to run. You let 2 interior rushers in free like that, it won't matter if you have a DT lined up back there too that play was going nowhere.

Block it up right and we're talking about a 4th down call that worked.

I agree with what you are saying but my lone beef with the decision is the TIME situation. You hate to throw away red zone visits like this. There were only 2 seconds left and if you don't score the TD you end up coming away with nothing there.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with what you are saying but my lone beef with the decision is the TIME situation. You hate to throw away red zone visits like this. There were only 2 seconds left and if you don't score the TD you end up coming away with nothing there.
if yards were tough, I'd agree. If we hadn't been doing pretty well up front in the run game, I'd agree. If we weren't getting the ball to start the next half, I'd probably lean towards the points. We had a good chance to make that a 3 possession game before Carolina would take a snap on offense again. that plays right into our defense.

I wouldn't be complaining much had we kicked the FG either, but I would have felt it more lacking confidence than a smart choice that caused that decision

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're already up 7 i'm fine going for it. But if you have a chance to go up 7 with a FG, think you gotta go up by a TD.

Members online

Latest posts