You know your team is doing bad when....

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
105) Your team has started more quarter backs in a month then they have in 10 or more years.

106) You have more faith in the kicker than in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th string quarter backs.

107) You are cheering on for other teams to lose in your team's division because that is all that is keeping playoff hopes alive for you and your team.
(Pathetic isn't it? And I hate cheering on for the Vikings! Skol! I mean, LOL)

108) The network that scheduled to show your team playing a night game months ago chickens out and shows that the NFL and the network is more about money than integrity and instead decides to show another game because those greedy jerks want the money, oh excuse me, I mean ratings instead.
(In your ears NFL and NBC. Don't you morons realize that the Packers has a very large nation wide fan base and will all tune in to see if this is finally the Packers first win in a long time?)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
(Once again wishing we had a "TOO INFORMATIVE" icon... for Rusty's comment):sick:
If I remember right, we were here before the Forum changed formats and there were tons of emoticons and we had some fun with those.

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
110) When fans of your team start suggesting Aaron Rodgers should sit the rest of the year and you should play for draft position...

Sandolf

Blue Moon Rising
Reaction score
110) When fans of your team start suggesting (injured #1 QB) should sit the rest of the year and you should play for draft position...

If this was a Chargers board I would jump all over this one. Seeing that I am a guest here I will do the prudent thing and leave it alone.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
111) You're college basketball team has scored more points in one half than your team has in the past three weeks.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
If I remember right, we were here before the Forum changed formats and there were tons of emoticons and we had some fun with those.
I looooved those! I've bugged Robdog enough for things so I'll let that one go...but I do miss them!

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
111) When your team completes a nice pass for a 50 yard gain in the 4th quarter and the offensive production for the entire game immediately doubles.
112) When the only highlight of the game is when the camera showed the three hot chicks in bikinis.
113) When AJ Hawk starts to look good relative to the other LBers.
114) When you get a 3 for the Packers in the office pool and you aren't thinking of a final score of 43, or 33, or 23... but are dreaming of winning the pool with a final score of 3 or... maybe... 13.
115) When you no longer scream at the TV during the game, despite the fact that your team is losing.
116) When your hopes are that your team gives the other team a "good game".
117) When you don't keep track of the score of the game, rather you keep track of how many TDs we are behind.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
118) Fans question whether you could beat Florida State.
It's funny that you mention this because I was thinking that there should be a game between a college and a pro team just to see what that would be like.
They don't do anything like that already, do they?

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
119) You're not a fan of either elite team that you are watching on TV but you find yourself getting super excited over the team that is scoring TD after TD and is dominating on D-Fence because it temporarily fills in the gap or reminds you of how awesome your team used to be.
(Watching the Seahawks makes me miss watching our winning Packers.) :cry:

Reaction score
118) Fans question whether you could beat Florida State.

FSU does have a good passing attack! :cautious:

It's funny that you mention this because I was thinking that there should be a game between a college and a pro team just to see what that would be like.
They don't do anything like that already, do they?

Actually, from the 1930's up until the early 70's, there was a game played annually (usually in late July or early August before the NFL season began) between the reigning (previous year) NFL Champion and the College All-Stars. And those players chosen from the college ranks were the best of the best and were no easy out. The Packers championship team in '62, was upset by the College All-Stars the following summer of '63, 20-17. Paul Hornung did not play in the game as he was serving a suspension for gambling and Ray Nitschke sat out with a broken arm. The college team fielded an impressive defensive unit, with future Packers linebacker and Hall of Famer Dave Robinson, another future Green Bay linebacker named Lee Roy Caffey, plus Hall of Fame defensive end Bobby Bell and College Football Hall of Fame linebacker Lee Roy Jordan. But the quarterback -- the game's Most Valuable Player -- was an undrafted college passer who played five forgettable years in the NFL as a backup for the Minnesota Vikings. His name? Ron Vander Kelen, QB for the Wisconsin Badgers.

I remember that game vividly and my Bear buddies never let me forget it.....so let's don't accept an FSU challenge this particular year :eek:

Here's the link about that game: http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/55399888/

DOCTORAPK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ote="Forget Favre, post: 527698, member: 2006"]104) You're doing better than your team when you score more than they do.
And that is with the husband or wife you've been with for 10 or more years. :D[/quote]
Fan
110) When fans of your team start suggesting Aaron Rodgers should sit the rest of the year and you should play for draft position...
AARON should rest. Tt will trade down for a ton of 7th rounders anyway.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Actually, from the 1930's up until the early 70's, there was a game played annually (usually in late July or early August before the NFL season began) between the reigning (previous year) NFL Champion and the College All-Stars. And those players chosen from the college ranks were the best of the best and were no easy out. The Packers championship team in '62, was upset by the College All-Stars the following summer of '63, 20-17. Paul Hornung did not play in the game as he was serving a suspension for gambling and Ray Nitschke sat out with a broken arm. The college team fielded an impressive defensive unit, with future Packers linebacker and Hall of Famer Dave Robinson, another future Green Bay linebacker named Lee Roy Caffey, plus Hall of Fame defensive end Bobby Bell and College Football Hall of Fame linebacker Lee Roy Jordan. But the quarterback -- the game's Most Valuable Player -- was an undrafted college passer who played five forgettable years in the NFL as a backup for the Minnesota Vikings. His name? Ron Vander Kelen, QB for the Wisconsin Badgers.

I remember that game vividly and my Bear buddies never let me forget it.....so let's don't accept an FSU challenge this particular year :eek:

Thanx a lot for that wonderful answer/post Terre!

Do you have any other links to any other of those games?
What I'm really interested in is knowing what the overall win-loss records were for both sides and I wonder why they stopped playing.

yooperpackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Oh yes, those were the good old days.
Thanks for the flashback.

Reaction score
Thanx a lot for that wonderful answer/post Terre!

Do you have any other links to any other of those games?
What I'm really interested in is knowing what the overall win-loss records were for both sides and I wonder why they stopped playing.

Your welcome, FF. And thanks for the compliment.

Here is a helpful link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_College_All-Star_Game

It lists the year and oppenent starting from 1934 up until 1973 and starting in 1938, an MVP was awarded to a collegiate player "only" in the annual game. The 1974 NFL strike led to the cancellation of the game that year, but the series resumed the following year and finally ended when the game played in 1976 was called with 1:22 left in the third quarter due to heavy rains. Looks like we had lost to the College All-Stars in 1937, too, but we weren't the only ones to lose to them. Their coaching staff had a lot of really talented players to work with and of the games that I seen, they played their keesters off to try and beat the pros.

Interesting stuff in that link! Enjoy!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
122) You spend more time reading and replying in other areas of the team forum that have nothing to do with football or your team. (The Atrium, College Sports, etc.)

123) You actually forget what the name of your team is. (Um, Packers? Or is it the Browns? Which one am I rooting for?)

124) You are from Wisconsin. You hear stories about how famous Packers (Vince, Favre, etc) before they came here had no clue of where Green Bay is. And now you're forgetting where Green Bay is.

125) You start watching your DVD collections of That 70's Show or any other TV programs but only look for the parts where they mention the Packers just to install any sense of pride.

126) You start turning off the game to go eat lunch or dinner. Not snacks on the couch. Actually a meal. At the table.

127) You realize that your lucky shirt is no longer your lucky shirt. So it stays in the closet or drawer for *SIGH* yet another week.

128) Playoffs, that were a sure thing a few weeks ago, now become a dreaded distant thought.

129) Man cave? What man cave? It's become a sewing room.

130) Whenever you picked up your out-of-town friends or family from the airport, you always made sure to drive by the stadium to point it out to them even though it took you out of the way back to your house.
Now you take them back on the most direct route which means on back streets and other roads where the stadium can't even be seen at all.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey !!! Stop looking through my damn windows, ya peeping bastard....... how did you know I was doing #126 & 127 ? lol
Sorry. It's this telescope I got for an early Christmas present. The Hubble Jr.
I gotta ask you a favor though.
Would you please put on some pants?

Members online

Latest posts