You know who has it worse than us?

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers.
Man, I really feel bad for the guy.
Not just the pain but also for the frustration because he likes to play and we love to watch him play and he knows it.

I'm gonna keep the faith for the Pack and at the same time wish our #12 a speedy recovery for his love of the game.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers.
Not just the pain but also for the frustration because he likes to play and we love to watch him play and he knows it.

I'm gonna keep the faith for the Pack and at the same time wish our #12 a speedy recovery for his love of the game.

Won't dwell on it, but how many folks suffer much more pain doing something much more important/productive than playing a game and don't have a nine-figure to compensate them for it?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Won't dwell on it, but how many folks suffer much more pain doing something much more important/productive than playing a game and don't have a nine-figure to compensate them for it?
It always grates my nerves when people bring this up.

We're on a football forum discussing football related matters, ranging from the team, to the players, to the coaches, to whatever else intertwines within. And somehow this always gets brought up "well the guy's making 9 figures so who gives a crap", like it has even the slightest bit of relevance to the discussion.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't have to have sympathy or even empathy for the guy.
That is up to you.
You could at the very least show some respect if you really are a Packers fan.
Your response is the type that would show up on a Vikings or a Bears board.
But a Packers one? Really?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think all he's saying is, Rodgers will be fine. It's football. I'm sure he feels a lot worse for his teammates than he feels for himself.

Of course I'm disappointed for him. But it's football. I just think the thread title 'You know who has it worse than us?' is just kinda...yeah. But Rodgers will be fine.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It always grates my nerves when people bring this up.

We're on a football forum discussing football related matters, ranging from the team, to the players, to the coaches, to whatever else intertwines within. And somehow this always gets brought up "well the guy's making 9 figures so who gives a crap", like it has even the slightest bit of relevance to the discussion.

You think what AR makes is less relevant than how he feels? I guess the discussion is over, then.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You don't have to have sympathy or even empathy for the guy.
That is up to you.
You could at the very least show some respect if you really are a Packers fan.
Your response is the type that would show up on a Vikings or a Bears board.
But a Packers one? Really?

Respect for what? The point was apparently that we should feel sorry for him. As I tried to make clear, and obviously didn't, there are a great many people for whom I have much consideration. A broken bone causing on to miss playing a game just doesn't come anywhere near the top of my list. I just don't see how not feeling sorry for him is disrespectful, but I'll respect your opinion and let it go at that.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Meh, everyone takes this hard. I doubt AR feels any special sadness more than every other Packer fan.

What a crappy way for our season to derail.

If any I feel the most affected are the match going fans. They've paid for a tanked season. Hats off to them!

Hope Hundley gives them and us all some joy.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the remainder of the season -really, I am. Could it be because the expectation that the Pack will win handily has been reduced? I don't know... I'm curious to see how this team, or what's left of it responds. I can respect a decimated team that shows up, competes but loses due to a lack of talent. I can love that team.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel bad because:
1) He is so competitive and now has to watch.
2) This is his job. He is one of the very best at what he does and now can't do his job for a long time.
3) My son broke his clavicle in May and couldn't use his arm until it was cleared in August. No work for a while, light duty work for a while. No summer hockey league until September.

While it is easier to find ways to distract yourself with a lot of money at your disposal, guys like Rodgers play because they love to play, work hard to be the best they can and have invested their whole life perfecting their craft. I love my career too and would be very disturbed if I couldn't do what I do for months, not to mention I would go stir crazy.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel bad because:
1) He is so competitive and now has to watch.
2) This is his job. He is one of the very best at what he does and now can't do his job for a long time.
3) My son broke his clavicle in May and couldn't use his arm until it was cleared in August. No work for a while, light duty work for a while. No summer hockey league until September.

While it is easier to find ways to distract yourself with a lot of money at your disposal, guys like Rodgers play because they love to play, work hard to be the best they can and have invested their whole life perfecting their craft. I love my career too and would be very disturbed if I couldn't do what I do for months, not to mention I would go stir crazy.

He can spend all that extra time trying to help Hundley and the offense prepare every week, and I'm sure he will.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly all this AR love is a bit over the top. I bet Favre fans said something similar till he switched uniforms.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The people who have it worse are soldiers/military who have lost limbs and/or are MAIMED for LIFE

And they may be poor as f*** (honestly)

That's much worse

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I was thinking the more rural areas of Puerto Rico at the moment or people being bombed or driven out of their hovel in some god-forsaken hole of a third world country. I can come up with billions more than a well compensated pampered entertainer with an owie.

kevans74

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking the more rural areas of Puerto Rico at the moment or people being bombed or driven out of their hovel in some god-forsaken hole of a third world country. I can come up with billions more than a well compensated pampered entertainer with an owie.

pretty much...

You and I can agree for once

While it's true that I grew up in a prvileged environment, I can admit that many have it MUCH, MUCH worse, should always remember that...

many people have it MUCH worse

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wut?

I like my job too, but wouldn't think twice about taking time off if health warrants it.

No idea where you went with this. I don't think I would second guess taking time off for injury but it would drive me crazy to have to sit around and rehab while not doing what I love to do.

The people who have it worse are soldiers/military who have lost limbs and/or are MAIMED for LIFE

That's much worse
Yeah but it isn't an "either have sympathy for only soldiers maimed and no one else or no sympathy".

Doesn't mean you can't feel bad for Rodgers too. Context is a good thing.

pretty much...

You and I can agree for once

While it's true that I grew up in a prvileged environment, I can admit that many have it MUCH, MUCH worse, should always remember that...

many people have it MUCH worse
Yeah. But we are not talking about world poverty. We are talking about a player, just got injured and has to sit around and rehab because of said injury. Having compassion for him and sympathizing doesn't mean you can't feel others pain. Just means you can have some compassion for him too. No matter how much he makes, you can care about injured competitors and all those starving, being killed and the dog that got run over. There is no limit to what we can sympathize and empathisize with. It is not a zero sum game.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers.

Could've been worse. He could have ended up like Gordon Hayward last night.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the remainder of the season -really, I am. Could it be because the expectation that the Pack will win handily has been reduced? I don't know... I'm curious to see how this team, or what's left of it responds. I can respect a decimated team that shows up, competes but loses due to a lack of talent. I can love that team.

This is actually a better statement of how I felt during the Gory Years than I usually make when someone brings up the 'spoiled' issue and asks how we'd like to go back to losing. Losing itself isn't fun, but some of what you're talking about there is.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That's much worse

One of the many groups to which I was alluding in my comments above.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts