1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

    Sign Up or

    Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

You guys heard about Ray Rhodes, right?

Discussion in 'NFL Discussions' started by IPBprez, Sep 21, 2005.

  1. IPBprez

    IPBprez Cheesehead

    Likes Received:
    Dec 14, 2004
    Lambeau Midwest

    Rhodes back with a new attitude

    Ray Rhodes, on his minor stroke:
    "This was a lot more serious than
    anything that had ever happened
    in my life."

    By José Miguel Romero
    Seattle Times staff reporter

    KIRKLAND — Those predawn-to-midnight work days with three or four hours of sleep between them are now a thing of the past.

    So is, if he can help it, getting worked up and stressed out over the things that can go wrong in a football game.

    Ray Rhodes' life and lifestyle changed two weeks ago when he suffered what was later determined to be a mild stroke. Yesterday, in his first public comments since suffering the stroke, the Seahawks defensive coordinator detailed how it happened, what it taught him and how he feels.

    "I'm just excited that things weren't worse than what they are," Rhodes said. "I feel pretty good. I'm not 100 percent, I'm not going to lie. But I'm feeling well enough to come back to work and do some things. I'm not going to rush it."

    Rhodes came in to work Sept. 3 and felt tired. He went home and went to sleep, then woke up the next morning feeling numbness in one hand, a loss of equilibrium and a temporary loss of vision in his left eye.

    Rhodes tried to dismiss the symptoms, never being one to seek medical attention. But this time, he knew something was very wrong, and he checked into the hospital.

    "Was I a little nervous, a little afraid? Of course I was," Rhodes said. "This was a lot more serious than anything that had ever happened in my life."

    He didn't care for all of the tests he was administered, saying so in his typical gruff fashion. When he was released after two days in the hospital, he wasn't allowed to come back to work until the following week.

    Rhodes watched practice — through the windows of team headquarters — last Wednesday. He said that was difficult to handle.

    Rhodes is expected back on the field for practice tomorrow and will be eased back into his normal duties. He'll also have to quit chewing tobacco, watch his diet and exercise regularly.

    "If I don't have my health, I don't have anything," Rhodes said. "This shook me up."

    José Miguel Romero: 206-464-2409 or [email protected]
  2. PackerChick

    PackerChick Cheesehead

    Likes Received:
    Jun 3, 2005
    Ashland, WI
    pretty serious.

Share This Page