You guys deserve more respect

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's already proved he's at least a serviceable backup. He proved it tonight. And I'll bet he'll be starting somewhere within 2 years. GB has a long-standing reputation for developing quality quarterbacks, and Flynn will carry that on. Mark it down. He'll probably be starting for the Redskins or Niners or someone within 2 years.

I thought Flynn looked pretty lost by the end of the game. what QB were you watching? Also made some really bad throws into coverage during crunch time. wake up.

In order to get into the playoffs we will have to beat the Giants and Bears and we certainly WILL deserve to be there! What an asinine comment! If anyone doesn't deserve to be there it's any team from the NFC West.

But that doesnt matter because in the NFL you GET a playoff game when you win your division. And the packers reality is they would have to win their division outright to get in, and when chicago beats minnesota tonight, its all over but the shootin. You obviously havent done your homework on playoff scenarios, because the packers chances are miniscule. drink some more kool aid if you think winning the next 2 games gets them into the playoffs. those game I mentioned cooked the pack plain and simple. its not an asinine comment, its reality.

tmlfan3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
drink some more kool aid if you think winning the next 2 games gets them into the playoffs. those game I mentioned cooked the pack plain and simple. its not an asinine comment, its reality.

really? have you looked at the playoff scenarios. If they pack win out they're guaranteed a 5th or 6th (or higher if the bears lose tonight, but that's not very likely). Of course those loses hurt and of course if we don't make it you can point at those games... but the ACTUAL reality is if the pack win, they're in.

OP
OP
neuronet

neuronet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was specifically thinking Flynn looked a lot better than Sanchize. Flynn has a role as a starter in this league, with some good mentoring and coaching.

I think the person talking about Pats fans wanting to sweep this under the rug is drastically underappreciating how good the GB defense is. I had known this before, but last night showed why. You have too many good weapons. We were able to slow down the hippy some by putting an extra guy on him most downs, but that left others like Raji there to kill us. You have the perfect defense to beat the Patriots, and came really close. You forced Brady to throw some shaky passes, nearly intercepted. He becomes a different QB in these types of situtations, loses his cool to some degree.

It reminded me a lot of SB two years ago against the Giants. But I don't like to talk about that game. :close_tema:That's one I would like to sweep under the carpet.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was specifically thinking Flynn looked a lot better than Sanchize. Flynn has a role as a starter in this league, with some good mentoring and coaching.

I think the person talking about Pats fans wanting to sweep this under the rug is drastically underappreciating how good the GB defense is. I had known this before, but last night showed why. You have too many good weapons. We were able to slow down the hippy some by putting an extra guy on him most downs, but that left others like Raji there to kill us. You have the perfect defense to beat the Patriots, and came really close. You forced Brady to throw some shaky passes, nearly intercepted. He becomes a different QB in these types of situtations, loses his cool to some degree.

It reminded me a lot of SB two years ago against the Giants. But I don't like to talk about that game. :close_tema:That's one I would like to sweep under the carpet.
Like you said in the previous post, we were without A LOT of players in this game.

Not even considering IR players, because quite frankly you can't take that into account.

But our DE Cullen Jenkins, IMHO a top 5 3-4 DE in the league, was out. And of course, Aaron Rodgers was out. Not that Flynn didn't play well, but he's a backup for a reason. It's like 08 for you. Did Cassel play poorly? Absolutely not. But with Brady, you make the postseason regardless.

This Green Bay team will play with ANYONE ANYWHERE regardless of who suits up. The talent level compiled by Ted Thompson is just too big.

But WIN against anyone anywhere is another issue. Maybe if we had a fairly healthy team we would, but IMHO we still have talent enough to win most close games.

But our Retarded Teams and coaching blunders have a way to rear their ugly heads in the worst possible moment.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
really? have you looked at the playoff scenarios. If they pack win out they're guaranteed a 5th or 6th (or higher if the bears lose tonight, but that's not very likely). Of course those loses hurt and of course if we don't make it you can point at those games... but the ACTUAL reality is if the pack win, they're in.

if tampa wins out - its over. they have seattle then NO in a game that will likely mean nothing to the saints as they will already be in I believe.

the big question is who is going to gift wrap a playoff spot for someone in their own division; will it be NO or CHI or both.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if tampa wins out - its over. they have seattle then NO in a game that will likely mean nothing to the saints as they will already be in I believe.

the big question is who is going to gift wrap a playoff spot for someone in their own division; will it be NO or CHI or both.
NO.

If GB wins out, NO MATTER WHAT, we're in. NO MATTER WHAT. Based on Strenght of Victory.

GB holds the Tiebreaker over NO and TB based on Strenght of Victory, and over NYG and PHI based on head-to-head.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow - the lions and philly put them in this position. I thought tampa had every tie breaker, guess not. We shall see the Giants are a real Jekyll and Hyde scenario, and the Bears will clinch tonight so may not have anything to play for. But another thing that would bother me is to play chicago back to back just like gb did in AZ last year. hard to beat someone twice.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
And the packers reality is they would have to win their division outright to get in, and when chicago beats minnesota tonight, its all over but the shootin. You obviously havent done your homework on playoff scenarios, because the packers chances are miniscule. drink some more kool aid if you think winning the next 2 games gets them into the playoffs. those game I mentioned cooked the pack plain and simple. its not an asinine comment, its reality.

Maybe you should reconsider your position.

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Sorry, no -effing way. The Patriots have been rolling all over opponents, and are easily much better than the Eagles and Steelers for sure. Well, we know they're much better than the Steelers, since the Pats destroyed them already this season, back in week 10.

They also lost to the pathetic Browns. In fact, the Browns clobbered them. They almost lost AT HOME to our currently injury-decimated team. And before you crow about how much they outscored their opponents, you have to consider the fact that they have a classless POS coach who gets his jollies by running up the score as high as he can. We could have done the same thing on 2 or 3 occasions this year too. So could the Eagles, Falcons, Steelers, Saints, Colts, among others, but the fact is that those teams have all gone to clock killing in the final quarter or so. The fact that Belicheat gets off on running up the score doesn't make the Patriots a better team.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
They also lost to the pathetic Browns. In fact, the Browns clobbered them. They almost lost AT HOME to our currently injury-decimated team. And before you crow about how much they outscored their opponents, you have to consider the fact that they have a classless POS coach who gets his jollies by running up the score as high as he can. We could have done the same thing on 2 or 3 occasions this year too. So could the Eagles, Falcons, Steelers, Saints, Colts, among others, but the fact is that those teams have all gone to clock killing in the final quarter or so. The fact that Belicheat gets off on running up the score doesn't make the Patriots a better team.

Belichick is really the only thing I don't like about that team.

Other than that, you'd have to be crazy to say they're not the best team in the NFL. Who's better, huh? The Steelers just lost to the Jets, who we shut out at home. The Saints aren't the team they were last year. The Ravens can't win when it counts. The only team I could see challenging the Pats for the title is the Falcons, who we also barely lost to.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Belichick is really the only thing I don't like about that team.

Other than that, you'd have to be crazy to say they're not the best team in the NFL. Who's better, huh? The Steelers just lost to the Jets, who we shut out at home. The Saints aren't the team they were last year. The Ravens can't win when it counts. The only team I could see challenging the Pats for the title is the Falcons, who we also barely lost to.

Packers would be one of the best teams this year, had not all the injuries taken place, screw ups, and special teams awful mistakes. I just hope that they'll win the next two and would have (Might) to play the god awful NFC West champion, who will ether be 7-9 or 8-8, or even 6-10!

Members online

Latest posts