You be the GM!

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I know, many of you don't think it will happen. I tend to think it will, if for no other reason than this year is fish-or-cut-bait time for Ted Thompson.

So, for those of you with enough humor to go along with the assumption...

How would you structure a trade with the Kansas City Chiefs for Larry Johnson?

Johnson is set to become a free agent soon...so keep that in mind.

Include Packers players, draft picks, etc.

Have fun.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IF LJ is going to be a free agent, how can there be a trade?

my head just exploded.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd consistently remind the Chiefs that if they don't deal soon they'll get nothing in return for him. Wait for them them to get desperate and give up a 2nd round draft pick and Noah Herron. Then I'd strucure a deal with LJ so that it is front loaded.

That'd probably never happen even if KC got desperate but hey, if we're talking just for fun why not.

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely wait out.

If Larry Johnson doesn't wanna play, he doesn't wanna play. He's capable of being an ***, and if he can be the distraction that Mike McKenzie was to us--then it won't work out with the Chiefs. They'll either be forced to release him, or just keep him on the roster.

The Trade Deadline is Week 6. Since most of Ted Thompson's great picks are in the 2nd round, I would go nowhere near dealing that. I'd give up a third round pick, and a third and fourth round pick the following season plus Robert Ferguson and probably Corey Williams.

Ferguson is being paid like a starter, and he doesn't deserve it, and I don't think I'll be re-signing Corey Williams. We have a lot of depth is especially with Johnny Jolly picking up his game.

So again:

Week 6.
GB gives up 3R (2008) + 3R (2009) + 4R (2009) + WR Robert Ferguson + DT Corey Williams for RB Larry Johnson. Perhaps convince them to give us a 4th round pick too.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not that we’ve had any deals really posted but none of them would fill the Chiefs demands. They will want a lot for what they believe to be one of the 3 best RB’s in the game. So instead of saying would you trade for him the question is how much are willing to give up for LJ.

If I REALLY want LJ then I give the Chiefs what they want.

Greg Jennings + a 1st for LJ.

That's what it's going to take. A 1st alone won’t do it and neither will a scrub like Robert Ferguson.

However my offer to the Chiefs would be this. Take it or leave it

A 1st + 2nd + Corey Williams

for

LJ + 6th

I'm pretty sure the Chiefs will want either Hawk or Jennings with a 1st for LJ so I think they would decline my original offer (the one right above) and come back with Hawk or Jennings + my 1st for LJ. I tend to think Jennings because of their receiving core.

Personally though I don't want LJ for that much so I would go with what I got but if they would take my original offer I would sign the papers and make LJ the 2nd highest paid RB in the NFL salary wise and give him the highest bonus the team has ever given.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd offer up one of our starting db's for LJ. I think blakmon is gonna have a breakout year and frank walker will be a solid coverage guy as well.

OP
OP
net

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Johnson is not a free agent this year. He is after next season.

He is holding out in K.C.

Journal-Sentinel reported today the Packers are 13 million under the salary cap.

OP
OP
net

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score

my head just exploded.

Put what's left back in the sack. He's under contract this year and is holding out.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:

my head just exploded.

Put what's left back in the sack. He's under contract this year and is holding out.

lol nice

Let's see. I think I did this before so I'm gonna try to do it a little different this go round.

Packers Get
Larry Johnson

Chiefs Get
Packers 2nd rd (2008)
Corey Williams (they need DL ppl, i think)
conditional pick that could go as high as 2nd rd (2009) based on Larry's performance in 2007.

I know it's a stupid trade, but the post said to have fun with it :)

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if im having fun....

Packers get:
Larry Johnson and Tony Gonzalez and a 2nd rounder (2008)

Chiefs get:
Robert Ferguson
Marquand Manuel
a Javon Walker jersey
a drink voucher for Curlys Pub
a weekend stay at the luxorious Holiday Inn Midway
a cheesehead
and pyledriver.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we were a run offense that had to have a stud to stand a chance then maybe. Unless I am reading it wrong that's not what this offense is all about.

If we were a team like the Steelers who's bread and butter was the power run game then ya. For us. Uh Uh.

Too bring in an LJ at what he would cost would demand revising the playbook completely to utilize him and get the bang for the buck...and hope like hell it works.

I pass.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would bring back the best CB in the NFL Ahmad Carroll and he is a free agent so i wouldnt have to give up anything. I would also bring back the GRAVE DIGGER and trade for GRADY JACKSON everytime they get a sack they get a cheeseburger! you know how many sacks they would get?

rundemc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a guy in the bar the other day told me he thinks the packers should trade all of their picks in next years draft for LJ and Tony Gonzalez, would you do it? i thought it was an interesting idea i dont know if i would do it or not

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
a guy in the bar the other day told me he thinks the packers should trade all of their picks in next years draft for LJ and Tony Gonzalez, would you do it? i thought it was an interesting idea i dont know if i would do it or not

first of all it depends if we are picking #1 or #32

second of all no way

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If I recall correctly, the Saints did that for Ricky Williams... well traded all seven picks to move up to take Williams. I'd never give up all of my picks for one or two players, it's just not worth it.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts