You are the coach for tonights game.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We all like to think we know a lot about x's and o's right? so heres your chance to put some creative ideals to play about what you would add to tonights gameplan.

Offense:

Some Wildcat with Randle Cobb to confuse the Bears defense because i bet they wouldn't be expecting that. Give Cobb the option to throw it or run it being a former qb. Especially on short downs since we can't run the ball to gain 2 darn yards.

Lots of quick screens to the wr's. The Bears play that cover two so their db's are already like 8 yds off our Wr's. Why not just toss it out there and see if our guy's can win some 1 on 1...at least make the next down and distance manageble.

More fullback. Look we can't run out of one back sets, Use Kuhn more and let's run the ball and be effective while doing so.

Defense:

More Shields less Bush.

More blitzes but from man coverage.

Moving Clay Matthews to left and right side.

BJ Raji at DE and Worthy at NT.

Nick Perry in on passing downs as a Pass Rusher only.

Charles Woodson at free Safety more versus SS. Let him play center field.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
good post man.

Me: Let clay be a roving blitzer, let him come from any place, any time he sees fit....make the D line run some twist blitz packages, include Walden on those too.

Keep perry from dropping onto coverage, they have hester in the slot and that speed is a mis-match waiting to happen.

Keep T. williams on B. Marshall, bump that big bastard all night.

Focus on stopping the run first and foremost, make them try to beat us with the passing game, we have the advantage there.

Utilize Cobb as much as possible, run a double slot set and turn him loose.

Keep Peppers off rogers.....

WIN !!!!

That's all.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I don't think you win with gimmicks so I wouldn't take the ball out of Rodgers hands and put it in Cobb's. One play in wildcat or one option pass is one thing, more than that doesn't make sense to me.

Jennings is likely to miss the game so quick screens to WRs is a good idea. I'd like to see Cobb nearly full time on offense and then just as PR. The Bears weakness is their secondary. "Peanut" Tillman will play but he's injured and the rest of their CBs don't scare anyone. If you can block their rush, Rodgers should have a big day.

Less fullback except on short yardage. The one back set spreads the D out more and opens it up more for the run game. I'd rather have the ball in Benson's or Green's hands than Kuhn's.

Shields' play vs. the 9ers earned him the starting CB job IMO. Hayward would come off the bench before Bush if it were up to me.

Worthy at NT is a horrible idea IMO - not enough 'lead in his pants'. His best spot is as a DT in the sub packages, switching him around is as foolish as having Sherrod play OG last TC IMO. If you don’t want Raji at NT, Pickett is next in line. BTW, Pickett has to pick up his play from Sunday. It's not a good thing to have such a big man become invisible.

Woodson at FS is another horrible idea IMO. The closer to the LOS he is the more Woodson excels; putting him deep in the secondary would be a favor to the Bears whose weakness on O is their OL. Even when he isn't blitzing, Woodson's threat to rush the passer should free up others.

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of quick screens to the wr's. The Bears play that cover two so their db's are already like 8 yds off our Wr's. Why not just toss it out there and see if our guy's can win some 1 on 1...at least make the next down and distance manageble.

I'm not sure about this. A 'real' cover-2 means the corners are pressing the wide guy. They chuck him and then cover the flat. Now if they walk their corners back, by all means, do that.

A better way to beat tampa-2 is to flood the zones with a short, medium, and deep route. A 2 yard out, a 10 yard corner, and a seam to the same side should give you one open option. Trips to one side also helps break zones.

My base the game would be normal 3wr, 1TE, 1TB, align with a TE on the line but flexed slightly and two wides split out--a flanker and a slot. Jordy by himself on the other side. This should cause the Bears to shift towards the trips, giving Jordy the advantage. If not, crossing routes and flooding the zone should tip the balance in our favor.

As a chance up, I'd bunch the trips guys. Split the TE out and have the wides one to each side. Again, crossing routes. This should defeat press coverage, as you can't press the wides (they're off the line) and Finley should destroy any CB attempting to press him.

On Defense, I'd like to see more base 3-4. I liked the amount we played it against the 49ers (as an impression anyway. For all I know, we played less than average. haven't seen the stats yet). And I'd like some cover-1, bring Woodson in the box to roam, blitz, or let our front 5 rush more often.

Perhaps this would be a good week for a Psycho package, now that we have 4 good rushing backers. Walden, Matthews, Perry, and Moses make for an impressive, though not fearful, group. As a change up, let Perry put his hand in the dirt in this set, giving us a normal-for-us nickel look with two down rushers (Worthy and Perry), two outside guys, (Walden and Moses), and two inside guys (Matthews and Smith.) I'm putting Matthews in the middle for this set just because he's the most complete player. And moving him around might make the Bears ignore the other guys a bit.

Pat4DaPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Offense:

Id say just attack there secondary. Let Finley, Cobb, Jordy make plays.

More Cedric. We need a balance between the run and pass games.

Defense:

Bring the pressure. Let Worthy, Matthews, Perry get to Cutler.

burt packerack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Definitely more running. It doesn't have to be a 100+ yard run game as much as i would like that but just something to keep their defense on their heels. Give Worthy get a lot of snaps in and let Clay come from either side he wants. And let Driver have a touchdown to keep his spirits up.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I have to agree that we need to run the ball more with Benon, and we need to run more out of an I-form or a full house set. The single back set just doesn't work. More lead blocking = more yards on the ground. I have no doubt in my mind that Cedric Benson can go toe to toe with Matt Forte any given week.

Secondly, I feel that we should get DD back in the mix of things. I know he has only been out 1 game, but I don't think we should let him get cold.

Cobb and Nelson are going to draw the bulk of the Bears' attention, along with Finley if Jennings is indeed out. If this is the case, I think the "silent assassin" James Jones can really come up huge for us. I am a big fan of his. Yeah, he has had his issues but who hasn't? I think Jones and Driver (if he plays) will be big weapons tonight.

I also feel like we should switch Matthews and Perry around, so that one guy cannot get a beat on Clay or Nick. His speed is one of his biggest strengths and if he can get a step on a guy who isn't expecting him to be lined up on him we can really rough Cutler up!

Charles Woodson is going to be huge in the Marshall / Jeffrey game. I think he is going to eat Cutler's passes for dinner, and crap out pick-6's!

I don't know what else to say about our secondary, other than Shields looks great. Lets get Hayward some more plays and maybe Williams can be more aggressive at jumping routes. He does that VERY well!

Lunch break over, gotta run! I will be watching the game with all of you!

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, I have to agree that we need to run the ball more with Benon, and we need to run more out of an I-form or a full house set. The single back set just doesn't work. More lead blocking = more yards on the ground. I have no doubt in my mind that Cedric Benson can go toe to toe with Matt Forte any given week.

Secondly, I feel that we should get DD back in the mix of things. I know he has only been out 1 game, but I don't think we should let him get cold.

Cobb and Nelson are going to draw the bulk of the Bears' attention, along with Finley if Jennings is indeed out. If this is the case, I think the "silent assassin" James Jones can really come up huge for us. I am a big fan of his. Yeah, he has had his issues but who hasn't? I think Jones and Driver (if he plays) will be big weapons tonight.

I also feel like we should switch Matthews and Perry around, so that one guy cannot get a beat on Clay or Nick. His speed is one of his biggest strengths and if he can get a step on a guy who isn't expecting him to be lined up on him we can really rough Cutler up!

Charles Woodson is going to be huge in the Marshall / Jeffrey game. I think he is going to eat Cutler's passes for dinner, and crap out pick-6's!

I don't know what else to say about our secondary, other than Shields looks great. Lets get Hayward some more plays and maybe Williams can be more aggressive at jumping routes. He does that VERY well!

Lunch break over, gotta run! I will be watching the game with all of you!

Ahh the Green and Gold colored glasses

CHIpackFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to some man to man, i want to see Cutler on his back. I have a saying for when the Packers play the BARES, "I want Jay Cutler to see ghosts while he is out there." He always seems to throw the ball around carelessly when he plays the pack. Knock him on his ****, i want to see that little stupid face he makes when he gets tired of getting hit. I want to see perry and CM3 meet at cutler. Once takes the top and one takes the bottom.

CHIpackFAN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to see benson go up the middle and meet urlacher. Put his helmet in his chest on the way to a first down.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ahh the Green and Gold colored glasses

Cedric Benson - 20 rushes for 81 yards, 4 receptions for 35 yards. Total yards from scrimmage 116yds.

vs.

Matt Forte & Michael Bush combined - 85 yards on 21 carries. 4 receptions for 49 yards. Total yards from scrimmage 134yds. Benson equaled two players totals.

Charles Woodson DID get a pick, though it wasn't a pick 6. Also, Cutler through 3 other picks. I might not have been right on the money, but I think I made a pretty good prediction.

Matthews got a HELL of a beat on Cutler, with 3.5 sacks and 4 tackles, most at the line.

Oh, and Donald Driver WAS a factor. He caught the dagger touchdown that killed the Bears.

Lastly, Shields DID get the start over Bush and besides the "fumble" that wasn't, he played pretty well.

Wooo what a win!

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I don't think you win with gimmicks so I wouldn't take the ball out of Rodgers hands and put it in Cobb's. One play in wildcat or one option pass is one thing, more than that doesn't make sense to me.

Jennings is likely to miss the game so quick screens to WRs is a good idea. I'd like to see Cobb nearly full time on offense and then just as PR. The Bears weakness is their secondary. "Peanut" Tillman will play but he's injured and the rest of their CBs don't scare anyone. If you can block their rush, Rodgers should have a big day.

Less fullback except on short yardage. The one back set spreads the D out more and opens it up more for the run game. I'd rather have the ball in Benson's or Green's hands than Kuhn's.

Shields' play vs. the 9ers earned him the starting CB job IMO. Hayward would come off the bench before Bush if it were up to me.

Worthy at NT is a horrible idea IMO - not enough 'lead in his pants'. His best spot is as a DT in the sub packages, switching him around is as foolish as having Sherrod play OG last TC IMO. If you don’t want Raji at NT, Pickett is next in line. BTW, Pickett has to pick up his play from Sunday. It's not a good thing to have such a big man become invisible.

Woodson at FS is another horrible idea IMO. The closer to the LOS he is the more Woodson excels; putting him deep in the secondary would be a favor to the Bears whose weakness on O is their OL. Even when he isn't blitzing, Woodson's threat to rush the passer should free up others.
I couldn't have said that better myself. Golf claps, sir.

Members online

Latest posts