Yes the Giants front 4 are healthy and very good

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did you forget that we beat the Pats at their place? Mind you when we have played certain teams we were facing them when they were above .500 and knocked them down ala Cowboys, Jets, and the Bills were on a roll when we faced them as well (but couldn't sustain it), similar to how you faced the Bears Earlier in the season.

You can break down those numbers and put them into context. First look at the Macro then the Micro. Might do a Giants and GB schedule break down. I just looked at the teams you have played. I hope you realize it was not that impressive besides a few games.
No I didnt forget that is the only team that is above .500 they beat before last week. Also we won 5 games vs above .500 teams. I dont think to many teams can say that.

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I didnt forget that is the only team that is above .500 they beat before last week. Also we won 5 games vs above .500 teams. I dont think to many teams can say that.
You forgot the Giants also Beat Atlanta, so thats 3, but that was in the playoffs (still counts doesn't it?)

People seem to forget the Strength of Schedule. But here are the wins you are talking about.

You beat the Saints @ home, and should have, but yes it was a good win.
You beat the Giants - We know how that game turned out.
Then you beat the Lions who have not beaten a team over .500 all year.
The Falcons - You saw what we did to them when it mattered last week.

You guys are the team to beat as you are the defending SB Champs who made it to the playoffs. Yet while looking at the numbers to a degree, we are pretty much neck and neck in many areas. Thats why I feel it won't be on the Qbs plate so to say but the trenches. As most games are anyway.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You forgot the Giants also Beat Atlanta, so thats 3, but that was in the playoffs (still counts doesn't it?)

People seem to forget the Strength of Schedule. But here are the wins you are talking about.

You beat the Saints @ home, and should have, but yes it was a good win.
You beat the Giants - We know how that game turned out.
Then you beat the Lions who have not beaten a team over .500 all year.
The Falcons - You saw what we did to them when it mattered last week.

You guys are the team to beat as you are the defending SB Champs who made it to the playoffs. Yet while looking at the numbers to a degree, we are pretty much neck and neck in many areas. Thats why I feel it won't be on the Qbs plate so to say but the trenches. As most games are anyway.

You saw we beat the Falcons in their dome right?

And they were down 14-0 into 2nd q? Yet won 25-14?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
24-2, pitching a shut out vs a top 10 offense, and a top 10 defense vs the run. Not bad :)

Yup agreed, but you were at home too..Thats a huge factor, or you dont think so?

Back in the 90's the Packers held Barry Sanders to -1 yard rushing in the playoffs, at home...q/b was #4, and Barry was #5

Then lost the following week on the road to Dallas

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup agreed, but you were at home too..Thats a huge factor, or you dont think so?

Back in the 90's the Packers held Barry Sanders to -1 yard rushing in the playoffs, at home...q/b was #4, and Barry was #5

Then lost the following week on the road to Dallas
I think the home factor is more of a hit and miss. Depends on the situation. Look at what the Giants, Pitt and you guys did last year in the last few years. All teams were either a 5 or 6 seed winning at the opponents house to get to the SB. The Giants were the 1st team to do, then Pitt followed suit the following year.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think the home factor is more of a hit and miss. Depends on the situation. Look at what the Giants, Pitt and you guys did last year in the last few years. All teams were either a 5 or 6 seed winning at the opponents house to get to the SB. The Giants were the 1st team to do, then Pitt followed suit the following year.

So you rather play in Lambeau, then in NY?

got ya

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Missing my point. Its great to play @ home, but in recent years it has not been the same as per my above examples, or am i wrong with the above mentioned examples?

But then again, the Giants have been better historically in the last 4 yrs on the road.

07 - we were 3-5 @ home but 7-1 on the road and add another 4 road wins for the SB win.
08 - we were 7-1 @ home but 5-3 on the road and a loss @ home in the playoffs
09 - we were both 4-4 @ home and on the road
10 - we were both 5-3 @ home and on the road
11 - we were 4-4 @ home and 5-3 on the road and add a playoff win vs ATL @ home if you want

So the Giants numbers @ home vs away from 07 to 11 (since you are playing us tomorrow & do not seem to acknowledge Pitt or your own team from last year).
Home - 23 - 17 and if you add the playoff loss and win sunday thats 24 - 18
Away - 26 - 14 and if you add the playoff run thats 30 -14

See the difference?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Missing my point. Its great to play @ home, but in recent years it has not been the same as per my above examples, or am i wrong with the above mentioned examples?

But then again, the Giants have been better historically in the last 4 yrs on the road.

07 - we were 3-5 @ home but 7-1 on the road and add another 4 road wins for the SB win.
08 - we were 7-1 @ home but 5-3 on the road and a loss @ home in the playoffs
09 - we were both 4-4 @ home and on the road
10 - we were both 5-3 @ home and on the road
11 - we were 4-4 @ home and 5-3 on the road and add a playoff win vs ATL @ home if you want

So the Giants numbers @ home vs away from 07 to 11 (since you are playing us tomorrow & do not seem to acknowledge Pitt or your own team from last year).
Home - 23 - 17 and if you add the playoff loss and win sunday thats 24 - 18
Away - 26 - 14 and if you add the playoff run thats 30 -14

See the difference?

Yes in the past it hasnt matter, I get it..Damn the Pack did it last year...

but so far this year, it is the home team that has won..

and the Niners are winning now..

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh we are talking about this year? Looking at the teams that got beat in the 1st round, mostly were fairly obvious on who the winners were gonna be before the games started.

Saints are finally facing a defense, and they are historically not a good road team (hence they never won a playoff game on the road, and score about 20 less points away vs home game, that is were situation/circumstances come into play). If they faced a capable qb other then Smith, they would have been blown out as there defense is far from great. That is why many were picking SF to be the surprise win this week, even though being a higher seed.

You can look at the micro, but I think it can be dangerous. I prefer to look at much more then that, but thats just me.

Members online

Latest posts