Yes the Giants front 4 are healthy and very good

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
However....

Our o-l should be better then the online that started the SB last year....Daryn Colledge and TJ Lang were the starting DC at LG and TJ at RT

We now have Bulaga at RT and TJ at LG....Very very much improved

So while your DL might be healthy and really really good now..Dont take our ol for granted..

YouFrgotPoland

Cheesehead
Reaction score
However....

Our o-l should be better then the online that started the SB last year....Daryn Colledge and TJ Lang were the starting DC at LG and TJ at RT

We now have Bulaga at RT and TJ at LG....Very very much improved

So while your DL might be healthy and really really good now..Dont take our ol for granted..

Bulaga was the right tackle during the superbowl....

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Heard it either on the radio or tv shows. About a day or two ago. They were saying two of your lineman were dealing with injuries, and that the added bye week could help them with the needed rest to get better.

When we played you in week 13 only two of the starting 5 were playing. All 5 will be back for this game. Not sure what idiot said otherwise. Maybe you're in a time machine

Frozencheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This will be the healthiest that Pack's O line has been sinde week 1. The only difference is with the injuries along the way, our depth has gotten a lot of snaps and havent looked that bad in recent weeks. I really do respect the Giants pass rush, but the Packers line will be at it's best on Sunday, guaranteed.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Heard it either on the radio or tv shows. About a day or two ago. They were saying two of your lineman were dealing with injuries, and that the added bye week could help them with the needed rest to get better.

Probowler Clifton was out most of year..He playe din last game of the season to get back in game mode and then some rest..He is our LT

Sitton had a knee in Nov but has started last 3 games..

Bulaga had a ankle? And missed last two games but has been practing

http://newyork.sbnation.com/new-yor...si-umenyiora-limited-in-practice-on-wednesday

LombardiChick

Win or lose, I love this team.
Reaction score

Oh, my. I was figuring you'd heard it from a fan...I suppose that's technically true, but (and maybe it's just the way they said it that left you with that impression), we are very much on the mend and will be ready. Coach said today he was very happy with the health of the team, and remaining issues were minor. (Not in those exact words, but if you want to hear what he said his presser is up at packers.com.)

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
http://www.victoriaadvocate.com/new...mw-_-sports-1050-words/?sports&cowboys-texans

On a scale of 1 to 10, the challenge the Packers' offensive line faces Sunday against the New York Giants is a six, which was the number of times Rodgers was introduced to the turf at MetLife Stadium in the Packers' 38-35 victory Dec. 4

With Clifton scheduled to start and right tackle Bryan Bulaga back from a knee injury, the Packers will have their starting five together for the first time since the Week 3 game at Chicago.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Bulaga and Clifton aren't dealing with injuries, they're dealing with coming off injuries. In other words they're healthy again and need as much practice and reps as they can handle to get back in form.

DragonSoul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Part of the reason I have come here, as to hear it from the fans (with certain things I take with a grain of salt), as they follow the teams much closer then many ANALysts.

Sounds as if both our lines will be healthy. Your Oline and our Dline. Should be a great match up then. We will see who gets the better of that battle by the end of the game, or worse case scenario very early in the game.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Part of the reason I have come here, as to hear it from the fans (with certain things I take with a grain of salt), as they follow the teams much closer then many ANALysts.

Sounds as if both our lines will be healthy. Your Oline and our Dline. Should be a great match up then. We will see who gets the better of that battle by the end of the game, or worse case scenario very early in the game.

That's the matchup I think everyone is going to be looking for.
It was a good time for us to get healthy, especially going against you guys in the playoffs.

We have seen in the past couple of weeks how good this o-line is.
The week against the Bears playing Peppers, Briggs and Urlacher etc.
Rodgers was untouched, no pressure whatsoever.

Hopefully we can see that again this Sunday.

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Great corners/DBs are what shut this offense down. Not great pass rush. Other than the Bears, who up until this season always caused Rodgers fits, the teams who have shut down Rodgers and Co. have great DBs. Chiefs this year. The Brandons are one of the best duos in the league. The Jets last year, Cromartie and Revis need no introduction.

Last year the Giants and Steelers were top 5 in the NFL in sacks and Rodgers threw huge yards and TDs. This year the Queens and Giants were top 5 in sacks and both those teams were torched as well. Chiefs were at the bottom of the list this year, but they had great coverage in that game. Nobody was open, that was the first game w/o Jennings and nobody seemed to adjust very well.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They are good but I am not that worried about them. Its not like Rodgers stands back there all day waiting for the rush to get to him. He generally can get rid of the ball quickly if need be.

Reaction score
This is so true. I can not tell you how many times I know more than the analysts when it comes to injuries or any other news.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember there being a story out a few weeks ago about how the Packers suffered a major blow to the offensive line and their playoff hopes with the Sherrod injury......even though he was playing as a backup to a backup and ideally would never see the field at all in the playoffs.

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is so true. I can not tell you how many times I know more than the analysts when it comes to injuries or any other news.

It's shoddy is what it is. They should actually do some research, it's really not that hard. All week long we hear how the Giants have this better defense. Well how is it that the Packers have allowed 41 points fewer on the season and also forced more turnovers and have a much better turnover differential? We have heard many times about the Chiefs loss, none of these dopes on TV or radio have brought up the fact the Giants lost the same week to the Redskins.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
It's shoddy is what it is. They should actually do some research, it's really not that hard. All week long we hear how the Giants have this better defense. Well how is it that the Packers have allowed 41 points fewer on the season and also forced more turnovers and have a much better turnover differential? We have heard many times about the Chiefs loss, none of these dopes on TV or radio have brought up the fact the Giants lost the same week to the Redskins.

We are 15-1 and KC game is our tiny zit everyone sees

Giants needed pro-active so no one says a word

and whats the difference is Bradshaw is resting, or if our lineman are? The way it is reported, our players are on crutches

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score

because the truth of the matter is that your defense has gone about about their business consistantly and have not showed signs of getting better while its like watching a different team by us.

This point has been beaten down to a pulp. I just hope you guys don't think that those numbers represent the defense your going to see this weekend. If you do your going to have a long day watching the game.

The health factor of our defense and progression of some younger players has completely upgraded this defense. Overlooking it because of stats a month n half ago would be stupid on your part.

Reaction score
We are 15-1 and KC game is our tiny zit everyone sees

Giants needed pro-active so no one says a word

and whats the difference is Bradshaw is resting, or if our lineman are? The way it is reported, our players are on crutches
This is so true. If they win this game, it will make headlines all week but if the Packers win, we would barely hear what the score is. Almost every analyst is picking the Giants and it is starting to become scary how fast you can be forgotten. (Could be a good thing)

Members online

Latest posts