Yes, it is the biggest game of the season so far:

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dallas game

Cowboys fan ... 5 wr set ... its pretty hard to cover ... think about it ... our o-line is pretty darn good ... not the best but its doing the job and the more season progress's the better its getting ... 5 wr set alot of targets for favre ... and if you blitz ... then theres a blown coverage wide open WR ... anyways even if you hit brett ... he just gets up and continues playing lool

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eh guys ... ya i know key players are important ... but we need to win to lock up home advantage ... after this week games are pretty much winnable ... even against lions we can rest our starters cuz dallas would need 2 wins if they lose to get back home field advantage ... so if we win 3 next games ... then we can rest all our starters for last week ... wich is great

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to beat the Cowpokers, then like we have been doing all year, just take care of the next team. It's worked so far.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So is this guy saying your coach is going to hold some players out of Superbowl 41 and 3/4 so you can assure they are there later.... Thats very dumb , this game will decide who is the number one seed. Dallas will not lose against any of the teams after this game so if Dallas pulls this off I know no one else will beat them anyway. The strategy this guy seems to be implying is to be conservative and for that he is dumb.

We're very beat up. It's unfortunate but we need these guys more for the remaining season and playoffs than we do for one game, however big it is.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats true.........cause even if we beat the Cowgirllies, it doesn't guarentee anything at this point. Do i want us to win this game? Heck yes, but not at the cost of the rest of the season. We have too many injured guys, and i want them for the playoff run even more then winning just this one game.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
dallas game

I'm pretty sure the Charger's run a 3-4 defense most the time and we essentially neutralized their pass rushers for most the game.

Get ready Dallas!

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well think of what kind of statement it will be when we beat them IN Dallas with a few starters sitting. :lol:

Cowboysfan178

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: dallas game

I'm pretty sure the Charger's run a 3-4 defense most the time and we essentially neutralized their pass rushers for most the game.

Get ready Dallas!

That Chargers Defense is a shell of its former self. Merriman sucks and now gets jacked up by the likes of Maurice "Mickey Mouse" Jones-Drew.

FromIrving

Cheesehead
Reaction score

the way i see this game going is i dont think dallas can cover all 4 or 5 wr we put on the field.They have 2 good cb's and there safties are horrible in coverage so we can take advantage of that very easily. They only way we can do that is if the o line can handle their 3-4, by the way have we played anyone yet that runs the 3-4,that would be intersting to see how we did against it. i think our d will hold their rbs wont stop them but will contain them and owens will have a decent game, nowhere near 4 tds like last game but hawk on witten will be big hes had troubles with the te's lately but those are the only 2 weoponsthey have that kinda worry me
lets here what every one else has to think i perdict the score 21-28 pack lests hope im right that will gave us homefiled thoughout the playoffs and thats the ultamate homefield in januray below 34 degrees cant beat that

Dallas does have 2 very good corners and 1 horrible saftey (in coverage). Ken Hamlin is actually pretty good and has been having a very good year. Reeves has been hit and miss. Some plays he looks completely lost and other plays he has perfect position and shows amazing quickness and awareness of the ball.

Dallas is going to need to get to Favre early. The Dallas d-linemen need to get their hands up and get in the passing lanes. Dallas' front 7 has been playing extremely well this year against some very good o-lines. Hopefully they'll be able to get to Favre and force him to throw some off target passes and get some picks.

FromIrving

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate the Cowboys... with a passion... that said, if we can give Christ (Favre) time he will shred that secondary up,

That is the million dollar question, can they protect Favre and give him the time he needs to go through his reads. Dallas has one of the best front 7 in the NFL and they bring guys from every angle.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers are currently a battered team

I will not be surprised if Mike McCarthy decides to protect some of his injured players to have them available for the rest of this season

WRONG!! Play to win always, and put your best players on the field, and play your hardest, end of story!!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bruce said:

I will not be surprised if Mike McCarthy decides to protect some of his injured players to have them available for the rest of this season

WRONG!! Play to win always, and put your best players on the field, and play your hardest, end of story!!!

play to win always or play to win the superbowl? you know, the game that matters.

that rah rah give 100% stuff is cute....yet not realistic.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
Bruce said:

play to win always or play to win the superbowl? you know, the game that matters.

you want reality friend, the reality is you do not start resting players when nothing is clinched, and this game could have home field advantage directly tied to this game, that is the reality. GB has won 10 games, great, I would much rather see the NFC Championship played in Lambeau, than go on the road to Dallas.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
dhpackr said:
Bruce said:

the reality is you do not start resting players when nothing is clinched, and this game could have home field advantage directly tied to this game, that is the reality.

Number 1 seed means jack **** if your key players are hurt.

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I for sure want all our first string players to be hurt when we get to the playoffs! Who needs a good playoff run when we can beat the Cowboys in the regular season!!??

Wake up.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This 5 WR set thing you guys keep talking about on here is going to get Favre hit tons if you do that.... I kinda doubt you guys are gonna go 5 WR set too many times.

Cowboys Fan:

Perhaps you have not seen too many Packer games. That may make sense that spreading the field with five Wide Outs will open up the pass rush.

However, you may not have seen how fast he is getting the ball off, most of those routes are short slants and it is.... hike.... one thousand, two thousand, three thousand, Bang... fastball, catch. run.

Your boys' better be pretty fast.

I swear to God. Brett could hunt deer with an N.F.L. regulation Football.

P.S. I took the time to correct your spelling of Brett's last name.

R.P.

FromIrving

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Raider Pride said:
I swear to God. Brett could hunt deer with an N.F.L. regulation Football.
I'm honestly suprised that most of his receivers throught the years have not ended up with concussions. I've seen a few of his receivers miss the catch and end up getting drilled in the head.

Reaction score
you want reality friend, the reality is you do not start resting players when nothing is clinched

Yes but you are assuming that if Woodson, KGB, Rouse, etc. don't play, they were rested.

They may simply not be ready to go, and if that is the case then McCarthy shouldn't rush them or push them to return for this one game.

Doing that leaves them vulnerable to further injury, and let's be honest.... how good are Woodson and Rouse if they can only run straight?

How good is KGB if he can't put pressure on his right leg because he sprained BOTH his ankle and his knee?

The players are very competitive, and will no doubt do their best to get ready. If McCarthy thinks they are not healthy enough to play to the best of their abilities, he has every right to not play them.

McCarthy won't rush them, and that is what Bruce was implying, that McCarthy shouldn't rush his players back from injury to play in this game.

I think that is a fair point, one that has a lot of merit.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I for sure want all our first string players to be hurt when we get to the playoffs! Who needs a good playoff run when we can beat the Cowboys in the regular season!!??

Wake up.

Hey boy, ask yourself this,
what would Vince Lombardi do?

Reaction score

Lombardi was a realist.

He'd realize that the Packers may very well benefit from playing in Dallas, so a loss this Thursday wouldn't be the end of the world.

However, a loss in the playoffs would be the end of our season.

Rest injured players, don't rush them back. This is an important game.

BUT there are still 4 more important games to go after this game. McCarthy has to be very smart managing his players, and no doubt McCarthy will be smart.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Laugh at YOU, probably.
nice post, about par for the course for you!!
i know i have laughed at your half assed posts that have nothing to do with football many, many, many, many times!!!

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

Lombardi was a realist.

He'd realize that the Packers may very well benefit from playing in Dallas, so a loss this Thursday wouldn't be the end of the world.

However, a loss in the playoffs would be the end of our season.

Rest injured players, don't rush them back. This is an important game.

BUT there are still 4 more important games to go after this game. McCarthy has to be very smart managing his players, and no doubt McCarthy will be smart.

WRONG, Vince would not even consider resting anybody, especially when nothing has been clinched or decided, and there is 5 games left in the season.

remember Vince's saying "Winning is not the only thing, it is everything".

The Packers have a chance to seal up home field advantage in the playoffs, you do not sell out and throw that chance away!

this just the way young people think nowadays, just throw in the towel, give up, quit, and good things will happen.
hilarious

Members online

Latest posts