Yes, it is PFT, but more on Moss/Rodgers

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From Mike Florio's Pro Football Talk...a bit of pulling things from nowhere, but interesting speculation. I also fully concur on Aaron Rodgers.
(Oh, I forgot, Aaron burned 8 million dollars in escalator money just so he could sit behind and admire Brett Favre, as one deluded poster said here awhile back....SNARK!)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOES INGLE MARTIN KNOW SOMETHING WE DON'T?

We reported a couple of months back that the Packers had offered quarterback Aaron Rodgers to the Raiders for receiver Randy Moss. The deal hasn't gone down -- and even if Moss is shipped to Green Bay it doesn't mean that Rodgers will be the guy who goes to Oakland.

But a reader has pointed out to us an item from the web site of D1 Sports Training. One of the co-owners of the facility is Packers quarterback Ingle Martin. And the site declares that Martin is currently the second-string quarterback of the Packers.

It could be that the site was last updated after Rodgers was injured in 2006, which elevated Martin to No. 2 (but for only two days, until Todd Bauman was signed). Or it could be that Martin is under the impression that he'll be the No. 2 to Brett Favre in 2007, even if Rodgers is still on the team.

And the struggles of Rodgers in Green Bay are a lesson to any team that is drafting in the bottom half of round one. Even if a team is reasonably certain that a player slated to go in the top of the draft will be long gone by the time it picks, there's still plenty of wisdom in doing a full work-up for every guy in which the team would potentially be interested, if he were to drop.

As the legend goes, the Packers assumed Rodgers would be long gone, and as a result they hadn't fully evaluated him. With that full evaluation, it's possible that Rodgers would have continued to slide past No. 24.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as Rodgers goes we have no idea if he can be the man and NOT giving him the opportunity to see one way or the other would be a mistake.

Some say he has looked lousy when he's been in there. Well, duh.

I have yet to see a game in which he got PT where he wasn't running for his life. He had to run in pre-season and he was running like hell in the games he got in including the one he got hurt.

When I see him fail after he get's time with the first team offense and in situations where he had time but didn't get it done I will start getting concerned.

I hope when Rodgers does get the chance that people remember Brett didn't exactly light it up in the beginning either. Quite often, in fact, early on he sucked. Some of you here probably don't even remember back then or were so young you don't remember it but Brett Favre MADE himself a good QB.

He didn't come out of the shute that way. ARod deserves that chance.

Unfortunately, the fact he is NOT Brett Favre will more than likely be his downfall as the movement has already started before the guy has been given a chance.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
As far as Rodgers goes we have no idea if he can be the man and NOT giving him the opportunity to see one way or the other would be a mistake.

Some say he has looked lousy when he's been in there. Well, duh.

I have yet to see a game in which he got PT where he wasn't running for his life. He had to run in pre-season and he was running like hell in the games he got in including the one he got hurt.

When I see him fail after he get's time with the first team offense and in situations where he had time but didn't get it done I will start getting concerned.

I hope when Rodgers does get the chance that people remember Brett didn't exactly light it up in the beginning either. Quite often, in fact, early on he sucked. Some of you here probably don't even remember back then or were so young you don't remember it but Brett Favre MADE himself a good QB.

He didn't come out of the shute that way. ARod deserves that chance.

Unfortunately, the fact he is NOT Brett Favre will more than likely be his downfall as the movement has already started before the guy has been given a chance.

Here is the alternative side, the Packer staff don't see what they want in Rodger's and his value might never be as high if he actually has to play some this year. A take whatever you can get attitude.

But I agree, as far as on the field, no we don't really know what we have.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arod has been given the best road possible by having the time to progress without being thrown in there.

If GB even made a peep about Rodgers availability I would think red flags would appear everywhere because any discussion that way shows the Packers staffs position.

Even the staffs position at this point is modest at best because you just don't know what you have until he gets in some quality game time. Until then you just don't know if you have Tom Brady or Ryan Leaf.

Since we will never get back the time or draft pick we have invested in him how can we take next to nothing now before he's given a chance?

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Since we will never get back the time or draft pick we have invested in him how can we take next to nothing now before he's given a chance?

I didn't word it the way I wanted to, meaning, if he gets us a possible impact player in return, pull the trigger. You are correct, no fire sale on Rodgers at this point.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whoever has to follow Favre is gonna have a hard time. We have been spoiled by having him at the helm for so many years. Look at how many QB's have started for other teams in the last 16 years. We have been blessed for certain.

Members online

Latest posts