YES BABY!

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
ha nice

I have all three installments on SNES, the original one on NES and one installment on PS ... i have all on my computer too but that doesnt count :)

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this helps solidify why I dispise the current crop of Vikings. Those teams played tough, straight-up, no nonsense football. Nothing fancy, run the ball, play defense, throw when you have to, have a good kicking game.
Bud Grant didn't give a damn if you were offended or not. Put your chin strap on and play.

Contrast that to the current outfit.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah, Bud Grant, now there was a coach. I hated the Vikings then too, but I respected them then too. Even back then their fans weren't a bunch of pee brains, unlike today.

V

Vikeman

Did you guys miss the link or something? I agree, I am a huge Bud Grant fan. But before you get in to who's running fancy football plays, try to remember you guys have had the WCO for years. Childress is the biggest disciplinarian we've had since Grant.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikeman said:
Did you guys miss the link or something? I agree, I am a huge Bud Grant fan. But before you get in to who's running fancy football plays, try to remember you guys have had the WCO for years. Childress is the biggest disciplinarian we've had since Grant.
Not true Vikeman, Les Steckel was a military guy that tried the hard nose approach and had a 3-13 season.

My comment pertains to that True Viking Football picture! The Vikings once had a team that Midwestern people could relate to, and your picture is proof.

Here's hoping we can get back to the black and blue division. Of course you guys need to get your stadium built now don't you!

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikeman said:

...and he hasn't won a thing....yet. You obviously have forgotten Les Steckel. Ex-Marine couldn't do diddly. Touchdown Tommy Kramer was too busy partying to win anything.

V

Vikeman

net said:
Vikeman said:

...and he hasn't won a thing....yet. You obviously have forgotten Les Steckel. Ex-Marine couldn't do diddly. Touchdown Tommy Kramer was too busy partying to win anything.

I said head coach not Les Steckel. Brains along with discipline are required prior to manning a coaching position in the nfl. We had Burns, Green, and Tice spanning two decades. Neither had a shred of discipline.

billv

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't hate the Vikings that much until they moved inside. When they played outside, you could at least respect them.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
great now that how I'm spending my night playing Tecmo bowl thanks. :doh:

Members online

Latest posts