Yelich out for the season!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Oh hell!

This is THE WORST news possible for the Brewers!

Yelich fouled a pitch off his right knee in tonight's game and fractured his knee cap.

Done for the season!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
That really hits hard. Yelich was the key cog to everything.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Trent Grisham will take his place and has been playing well as of late, but this still feels like the Packers losing Rodgers. Not quite the impact of losing a QB in Football, but Yeli was the heart and soul of this team.

Time to go out there and "win one for the Yeli".

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?!!! Hell no!!!!!!

My first visit to the Brewers Forum here, but, I’ve been thinking a lot about STL’s last WS Win. They were 10.5 games back in the wild card w 5 weeks left in the season. That was improbable. They won it all.

If somehow, someway, the Brewers were to get white hot and ride this home to winning the WS Championship, it might go down as THE most improbable ever.

Last edited:

greengold

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh hell!

This is THE WORST news possible for the Brewers!

Yelich fouled a pitch off his right knee in tonight's game and fractured his knee cap.

Done for the season!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
Dude, he lives right around the corner from my studio/gallery, which is right across the street from one of his favorite places, Shake Shack in the Third Ward. MKE. I’ll hit him up to cruise by to hang out. Has to completely suck for him and for his team.

Don’t stop believin’!

Btw, you’re welcome to stop by anytime yourself!

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Dude, he lives right around the corner from my studio/gallery, which is right across the street from one of his favorite places, Shake Shack in the Third Ward. MKE. I’ll hit him up to cruise by to hang out. Has to completely suck for him and for his team.

Don’t stop believin’!

Btw, you’re welcome to stop by anytime yourself!

Lunch with Yeli! I'm there! LOL

Ate at my first Shake Shack in LAX Airport last year, loved it. I have to do gluten free and they did this awesome lettuce wrap and real lettuce, not iceberg crap. The burger was phenomenal!

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my dad was talking me thru it when it happened on my way home from work, I'm like, he'll be fine, probably just a bruise ( I wouldn't let the other alternative pop into my head) Nailed it again. that sucks

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's hope he doesn't need surgery. If he fully recovers he should be back in time for spring training in 2020. This really sucks big time for the team and especially for him. :cry:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The biggest difference between football and baseball and basketball to me is that I actually like football. I like watching the game and because of that I am a fan of a team more so than any individual player and team success is more important to my enjoyment of the sport.

I really couldn't care much less about baseball and basketball so how the Brewers and Bucks do doesn't matter to me. Sure I'd rather see them win but if they don't I really don't care.

That's why when players like Yelich and Giannis come around I pay attention to them. I check the Brewers box score and the MLB stats page almost daily to see how Yelich is doing. If the Brewers lose but he goes 2/3 with a walk I'm happy. If they win but he goes 0/4 with 2 SOs I'm less happy. I look at categories CY is not leading in and figure "if he had as many at bats (or games) he would have just as many". I would rather have had him win a second MVP than see the Brewers win the World Series

I am not a baseball fan. Yelich was the reason I cared anything for the Brewers and now that he is out I will be lucky to check at all. I wish him all the best and a speedy recovery.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good news! Yelich will not need surgery so his recovery should be smooth and he shouldn't have any negative effects going forward from this injury and be back as good as new in 2020. :D

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I was kind of the same way Sschind. Have always loved Football, was a fan of baseball as a kid and grew to hate the NBA and how it seemed to become a "shoot first, pass later, one man game".

I think having star power players like Yelich and Giannis has brought a lot of fans back to both of their teams. Winning helps a hell of a lot too. Can't say enough about winning, because even if there is a player you really like on a team, in a Sport that you are just a casual fan of, if the team is consistently loosing, you probably aren't going to be that interested in watching many of their games.

I really didn't get back into the Bucks and NBA Basketball, which I had sworn off of prior, until the Bucks started winning again and fully on board when Giannis started looking like a superstar in the making. The Brewers I have always kept an eye on, but it wasn't until they started contending again that I really got super interested.

The Packers have had 2 really big names, Favre and Rodgers, as well as pretty successful seasons over the last 25+ years, so I think that has helped the Organization out tremendously in attracting and holding fans interest. Let's hope it never happens, but if they return to the Packers of the late 70's and 80's, much of that new fan base could get back to doing other things on Sundays.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the NBA. I used to go to games at the Mecca years ago but stop watching until Giannis arrived.

I do like baseball and the Brewers have been fun these past 2 seasons. The individual battles between the pitcher and batter are intriguing and change pitch to pitch. Plus there is a game on almost every day during the season. I'd rather watch sports than most of the fare on TV these days.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the NBA. I used to go to games at the Mecca years ago but stop watching until Giannis arrived.

I do like baseball and the Brewers have been fun these past 2 seasons. The individual battles between the pitcher and batter are intriguing and change pitch to pitch. Plus there is a game on almost every day during the season. I'd rather watch sports than most of the fare on TV these days.

Love to watch Craig Council manage, especially his bullpen. I think the guy is a great chess player!

Wish there was a game on TV everyday for me, damn DISH TV! But I have enjoyed going back to "oldstyle" and listening to the games on the Radio and then watching the video highlights later. Hard to not enjoy a few innings of Bob Uecker!

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My work phone is through TMobile and for the past few years just before the season starts they give you free MLB.tv as a TMobile Tuesday giveaway. So I can watch or listen on phone, iPad or computer. If any of you have TMobile check it out next spring.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts