Yeah, like I'm letting that one slide...

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Darnit, if Sherman hadn't of punted, if the refs would have called Rices fumble a fumble,if the Packers would have drafted barry sanders........

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH....

rehash all you want it won't change things....all I know is THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT SO I GOTTA WEAR SHADES!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Who sang it, what year???

PackFanWithTwins

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts said:
Yeah right, on Madden maybe Timmons. Is that the extent of your football experience?

First of all, Grant didn't have his head turned around and this isn't electric football where Favre can hit him on the back of his head with a football, and they could stop the game to put the ball in Grant's arm.

Secondly, it was a windy night. The ball blew off the tee two times....but I guess the wind couldn't have pushed the ball down on an out pattern, right?

Hey, if you want to have a "bash Favre party", then go ahead, but it doesn't excuse the fact that the Packers as a team sucked all night, and that includes the defense, the o-line, RB's, and WR's and coaches....

At least have the decency to be honest about it will you?

you can say the whole team was bad all you want to... and they DID NOT play their best game.

If you rate your team by blowing people out then yes.. the whole team played terrible. If your whole team plays terrible you usually dont take it to overtime.

but the damn bottom line is... they took the game to overtime. The TEAM played well enough to take it to overtime. where the horrible decision/pass happened.
Nobody would disagree that Brett's last throw was not a good throw.

I cannot go along with the bad decision. If you would take every QB in the NFL today and in years past and ask them if throwing to a WR on an out route when the CB is playing inside position is a bad decision, I would guess that 100% would say NO.

Brett's first INT. That is a bad decision.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To me, this isn't about "bashing Favre" at all. My take, especially after looking at the pictures posted by Toddy, is that he did make a poor decision, and had better options. It's not bashing, it's an opinion.

Almost every single poster that blames #4 for a bad throw has said something along the lines of "it's a team loss, but a hall of famer who's been there tons of times before needs to make a better decision on 2nd down in OT of the Conference Championship." Something along those lines.

But evidently, we're just raking him over the coals by presenting those opinions and not just blaming it on the wind. Apparently anyone who holds one of the oldest, most experienced veterans in the league accountable for crunch-time decision-making is a know-nothing Favre hater who plays Madden all day and doesn't actually "know" anything about the game.

I, for one, find that kind of close-minded insult-hurling insulting. :D

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Darnit, if Sherman hadn't of punted, if the refs would have called Rices fumble a fumble,if the Packers would have drafted barry sanders........

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH....

rehash all you want it won't change things....all I know is THE FUTURE LOOKS BRIGHT SO I GOTTA WEAR SHADES!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Who sang it, what year???

Timbuk3

What else you got?

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
To me, this isn't about "bashing Favre" at all. My take, especially after looking at the pictures posted by Toddy, is that he did make a poor decision, and had better options. It's not bashing, it's an opinion.

Almost every single poster that blames #4 for a bad throw has said something along the lines of "it's a team loss, but a hall of famer who's been there tons of times before needs to make a better decision on 2nd down in OT of the Conference Championship." Something along those lines.

But evidently, we're just raking him over the coals by presenting those opinions and not just blaming it on the wind. Apparently anyone who holds one of the oldest, most experienced veterans in the league accountable for crunch-time decision-making is a know-nothing Favre hater who plays Madden all day and doesn't actually "know" anything about the game.

I, for one, find that kind of close-minded insult-hurling insulting. :D

You tell 'em brotha!!

:pop: :pop: :pop:

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts said:
What is a QB supposed to do when everyone's covered?

Throw the ball away and live to play another down.

I love how Fuzzy refuses to acknowledge that not everyone was covered. That kind of...thinking is scary.

And Joy is right, live to play another down. The deep he threw to was NOT there. Jennings was. The tight end was. Grant up the middle was there.

Brett has the talent, despite his old age. It amazes me. But he needs to play SMARTER. Favre needs to go to MM's QB school before Training Camp.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
joym13 said:
Fuzznuts said:
What is a QB supposed to do when everyone's covered?

Throw the ball away and live to play another down.

I love how Fuzzy refuses to acknowledge that not everyone was covered. That kind of...thinking is scary.

And Joy is right, live to play another down. The deep he threw to was NOT there. Jennings was. The tight end was. Grant up the middle was there.

Brett has the talent, despite his old age. It amazes me. But he needs to play SMARTER. Favre needs to go to MM's QB school before Training Camp.

Yeah..yeah..yeah...blah..blah..blah..

You and your "group" can have it your way, but that doesn't make it true!

Let me ask you something....

If Favre would have thrown it away and the Packers would have gone 3 and out for the 4th or 5th time and a row, (making them 1 for 11 in first downs on 3rd down for the game), and they had to punt...and the Giants would have driven 80 yards for a TD in OT...would you find a way to pin the loss on Favre, or your beloved "death squad", that was playing like the sh*t squad all night?

Wait a minute, don't answer.... :stop:

Because I know what the answer is...

(And now back to the real reason that this thread was illegally restarted from a locked thread.....now bash away, bash away, bash away all.....)

Tromadz said...

Favre needs to go to MM's QB school before Training Camp.

And Mike McCarthy needs to go to Tom Coughlin's Head Coaching School 101 after the Superbowl..!

Oh...what...? That's right....Coughlin already took him to that school....Hopefully McCarthy actually learned something so that the Packers aren't in the same predicament next year..!
:lol:

Reaction score
pack_in_black said:
But in OT, you don't need momentum. You need first downs, and then a set-up for a short range FG.

Well I'd argue you do need momentum, you need momentum to start moving the ball, which we could barely do in the second half.

I think it was just the O trying to rally around something, create some positive.

Reaction score
would you find a way to pin the loss on Favre, or your beloved "death squad", that was playing like the sh*t squad all night?

Well to be honest you could make a case that the 'death squad' played badly in part because of Favre, and his inability to get our O going.

Yes it is a team game, but Favre was voted as the leader of this team on Offense, and he has the ball in his hands for all of the snaps. Given that Favre is the leader, one should expect the leader to come through and make something happen.

Of course I think Favre tried to do that on his first INT, which people are mad about. On the one hand you want someone to make a play, but then when Favre bought some time and tried to do something, everyone gets mad and says that was wrong.

Well it certainly was better than the alternative of taking a sack. Just like with the last play, you could argue that Favre as the leader knew the team was one big play away from winning the match, and the only player to make a play thus far had been Driver. So in some ways it is a no brainer to throw up the pass to Driver.

On the other hand, you could argue that Favre should have been patient and done what a leader would have done, take what the D gave him and inspire his troops to perform better next play.

Which really goes to show that either of the points you two make can be valid.

Personally, I think what happened has happened. Make the best of it because crying over spilled milk isn't going to do anything.

I'd suggest taking solace in the fact that 6 of the last 7 teams to lose in the Superbowl didn't make the playoffs the next year. You know with certainty the Packers won't be facing such a curse this off-season.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Do you have your fingers in your ears right now like my 3 year old nephew?

(And now back to the real reason that this thread was illegally restarted from a locked thread.....now bash away, bash away, bash away all.....)

Tromadz said...

And Mike McCarthy needs to go to Tom Coughlin's Head Coaching School 101 after the Superbowl..!

I agree.

But here's the thing. MM is a young coach getting his first playoff experience. MM could have done a lot better at a lot of things. HOPEFULLY he gets better. It's called progression(Oh man, remember these arguments from back in the day guys?).

Favre? Is he young? Is this his first rodeo? No. Will he learn? Not likely. That's why Brett is Brett. He gunslings. There is no progression for a 38 year old. And that's fine. He's a very good QB(one who did NOT lose us the game, even though you keep saying that I am saying that. It's cute).

All it means is the defense has to play better, the runners have to do better, and the coaches have to do better to win with Favre.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts said:

Yes, I do...

Tromadz said...

I agree.

But here's the thing. MM is a young coach getting his first playoff experience. MM could have done a lot better at a lot of things. HOPEFULLY he gets better. It's called progression(Oh man, remember these arguments from back in the day guys?).

All it means is the defense has to play better, the runners have to do better, and the coaches have to do better to win with Favre.

Wow. We agree...(Is the world coming to an end?)

But that's true for Tom Brady...Peyton Manning....whoever--their players have to play well in order for them to win the game!

By the way, how did Peyton Manning do this year. Does he suck? Is he unable to learn? Are some of the Colt's fans calling for his retirement?

Or did his team just get beat by another team that played better that day?

Another way to look at this season is that Brett Favre took an over-achieving, very young team, a game away from the SB when they were projected to be a 9-7 team this year!

Look for better things next year with Favre, like a SB win!

TT needs to tweak this team though....through FA, and by hiring Williams or Bates to run the defense!

DoddPower

Reaction score
tromadz said:
Fuzznuts said:

Yes, I do...

Tromadz said...

I agree.

Wow. We agree...(Is the world coming to an end?)

But that's true for Tom Brady...Peyton Manning....whoever--their players have to play well in order for them to win the game!

By the way, how did Peyton Manning do this year. Does he suck? Is he unable to learn? Are some of the Colt's fans calling for his retirement?

Or did his team just get beat by another team that played better that day?

Another way to look at this season is that Brett Favre took an over-achieving, very young team, a game away from the SB when they were projected to be a 9-7 team this year!

Look for better things next year with Favre, like a SB win!

TT needs to tweak this team though....through FA, and by hiring Williams or Bates to run the defense!

I really don't think talking about Peyton says much. I really don't think Peyton is that good. If the rest of his team isn't playing great, he doesn't play great. It's a lot easier to play good when you're entire team is playing well. However, the truly great will do quite a bit to carry a team that's not doing well to success.

In my opinion, why didn't the colts go further, because Peyton Manning couldn't get them there.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Then, like Skip Bayless, you really don't understand or subscribe to the concept that football is a team sport.

And yes, Favre is a better QB imo, because he's had to do it with less talent around him than those guys forever...(since '96).

DoddPower

Reaction score
Dude, of course the outcome of a game doesn't ENTIRELY depend on the quarterback. However, generally speaking, if the quarterback, usually the leader of the team, does not play well, it often means the team doesn't play well. Hence, why I think the Colts lost.

I know you're the almighty football god here at PF.com. However, I can almost guarantee that everyone on this board understands that football is a team sport. I myself played football from age 12-13 until my senior year of high school when bad heel spurs forced me to quit. Just because I played football doesn't mean that someone who didn't doesn't understand football and I'm not going to try to act like a know it all because i'm definitely not.

With that being said, the quarterback has a very significant role (almost always) of the outcome of the game. And if you can't understand that, well . . it's not worth my energy trying to explain.

And, do you edit every post you make . . . sometimes two and three times a post???

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't think talking about Peyton says much. I really don't think Peyton is that good. If the rest of his team isn't playing great, he doesn't play great. It's a lot easier to play good when you're entire team is playing well. However, the truly great will do quite a bit to carry a team that's not doing well to success.

In my opinion, why didn't the colts go further, because Peyton Manning couldn't get them there.

If I remember correctly, the Colts had the #1 D in the NFL in Points Against. And the Colts still didn't make it to the CG. Favre > P Manning. Geez, give Favre that D and that OL and we'll see Favre work numbers that would make Brady cry (Favre gets to keep Driver and Gregorious though ;) )

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Dude, of course the outcome of a game doesn't ENTIRELY depend on the quarterback. However, generally speaking, if the quarterback, usually the leader of the team, does not play well, it often means the team doesn't play well. Hence, why I think the Colts lost.

I know you're the almighty football god here at PF.com. However, I can almost guarantee that everyone on this board understands that football is a team sport. I myself played football from age 12-13 until my senior year of high school when bad heel spurs forced me to quit. Just because I played football doesn't mean that someone who didn't doesn't understand football and I'm not going to try to act like a know it all because i'm definitely not.

With that being said, the quarterback has a very significant role (almost always) of the outcome of the game. And if you can't understand that, well . . it's not worth my energy trying to explain.

How many times have we heard the saying

As Brett Favre goes, so go the Packers.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DoddPower said:

If I remember correctly, the Colts had the #1 D in the NFL in Points Against. And the Colts still didn't make it to the CG. Favre > P Manning. Geez, give Favre that D and that OL and we'll see Favre work numbers that would make Brady cry (Favre gets to keep Driver and Gregorious though ;) )

:thumbsup:

DoddPower

Reaction score
Zombieslayer said:
DoddPower said:

Yeah, I know for a fact I've never said that Manning is better then Favre. My roommate is a colts fan . . so we argue frequently.

However, I was in indy on my way back from Green Bay earlier this month, and their new stadium is looking NICE.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fuzznuts said:
Zombieslayer said:
DoddPower said:

Yeah, I know for a fact I've never said that Manning is better then Favre. My roommate is a colts fan . . so we argue frequently.

However, I was in indy on my way back from Green Bay earlier this month, and their new stadium is looking NICE.

I can't believe you think the Colt's new stadium is better than Lambeau and that you think Lambeau Field should be retired!

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

I can't believe you think the Colt's new stadium is better than Lambeau and that you think Lambeau Field should be retired!

*gasp*

?!!?!

You vicious Lambeau Hater!!! We'd be nowhere this year without our HFA!!!!

:pop:

DoddPower

Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
Fuzznuts said:
Zombieslayer said:
DoddPower said:

LOL.

I'm sure the accusations will start soon enough.

Members online

Latest posts