ya ya ya

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
playoff talk was certainly premature but taunting isnt going to make this team any better

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM talked about it because he does not know what is needed to get there, he has never been there as a HC and he wont be there, I just hope TT faces his mistakes and ends this thing as soon as possible.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PLAYOFFS? PLAYOFFS? I'm just hoping we can win a damn game! LOL
In defence of the playoff talk if we would of won today it was fair but we overlooked the IF we beat the Pats

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
were still not out of anything. Ive never seen a wishy washier crowd in my life. we just got a good old fashion beating today and thats that. take it like men. instead of abandoning your team, when they could use fans the most.

tano1998

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Guys...We have no defense....When the Pack plays a +.500 team, we got burned, forget playoffs... They have to work the defense, was awfull the whole year...

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
were still not out of anything. Ive never seen a wishy washier crowd in my life. we just got a good old fashion beating today and thats that. take it like men. instead of abandoning your team, when they could use fans the most.

Wishy-washy?
Not me. I knew that talking about the playoffs while being 4-5 and facing the Patriots was delusional.
There was a thread that I saw a couple of days ago that showed that the Packers were seeded 11th in the NFC playoff picture yet you still thought that they were in a good spot. There was even talk about catching the Bears for the division.
Even after today’s *** whipping you are still in denial about this season and this team.

When the realistic Packer fans speak up you get a lot of this “not a real fan” or the old stand by “the Pack needs you more than ever” crap.
You question their loyalty because they can see past the green and gold glasses?
You can be a loyal and supportive fan of your team with out trying to sugar coat everything until it becomes a fairytale you know.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At 4-5, the Packers were only one game out of the playoff hunt, so what was wrong with talking about playoffs? They were also playing better for the past four weeks. In a league that's built on parity, much stranger things have happened, and will happen, than a 4-5 team getting hot and making the playoffs.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beat Seattle next week we are easily still in it with 4 winnable games coming up. Lose then we're done.

Biggest game of McCarthy's career is this Monday. Seattle is probably going to be healthy too.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i doubt we will go 10-6 and make the play offs, its possible but highly unlikely.

i do agree that monday is a huge game for us, but its going yo be hard to win.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i doubt we will go 10-6 and make the play offs, its possible but highly unlikely.

It was not so hard for the Bears.
Chicago 37
Seattle 6

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Take a look at what teams won and what teams lost over the weekend. We did not lose ground on many teams.

However, it is becoming quite apparent if Brett is not on, we don't have much of a chance to beat any of the teams left on our schedule.

Even if Brett was at his best yesterday, we probably would not have won. We were outcoached, and we were outplayed on defense, offense and special teams.

Still you are never as good as you look or bad as you look, The Packers have gone from one extreme to the other in a one week span, this will happen when you have young players. I think we can expect to go 3-3 the rest of the season, which won't be play-offs but could be something to build on for next year.

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beat Seattle next week we are easily still in it with 4 winnable games coming up. Lose then we're done.

Biggest game of McCarthy's career is this Monday. Seattle is probably going to be healthy too.

I agree and think we should hold off playoff speculation till then.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
philtration im not arguing with a loser who has time to go to a packerforum and talk junk. seriously. kill yourself.

we are a long shot to make the playoffs, our Pass D still needs tons of work and we got a couple more issues.
Am i supposed to stop cheering and just give the other teams the title. Go for it if you want to.
Bottom line. we are on the right track. we will be ok. If any team in the NF freakin L played the Patriots after they lost 2 back to back games. They would have gotten waxed probally just as bad. Thats a good ball club and an extremely driven team. Not to mention one of the best gameplaning coaches in the game. the bears couldnt have beaten them sunday either.

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont know if u were talking about me being wishy-washy but last week when someone posted about being a plaoyoff contender I dissagreed completely! Theres no way now, and there never was any way we were going to this year. A new coach with new cooridinators and a for the most part young team.

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we may be overlooking the Jets -- who beat the Patriots that so soundly beat us and played Chicago tough through 3 quarters. I am more worried about them than Seattle.

Maybe it is an omen for us that San Fran beat Seattle -- just like they beat Minnesota the week before we did.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:

Chicago 37
Seattle 6

True...but then again, the Bears have been dominant year after year so one can expect that, right?

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So,...who still thinks the "Packers are on the way to the playoffs?"

Well, last week I posted this:

Post subject: PLAYOFFS???
Posted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 05:53 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I find it unlikely, but I suppose we have as much of a chance as all those other teams who will be fighting for a wildcard.

I agree with the other poster who said that this week is the test. If the Pack can beat the Patriots, I'll be a believer in GB's playoff potential, and then there's no telling what will happen. A little bit of luck and a lot more butt-kicking will be just what the doctor ordered to get there.

But the Pats are going to be one tough customer, I believe. So we'll see.

Great game today.

So I think, in many ways, the question was answered for me. And for some reason, I'm not quite as disappointed as I thought I would be. I always want the Packers to be in the playoffs, it would tell me that all is right with the world, but Sunday drove home to me that they just aren't there. It's the consistency. You can't win some big games and then lose others. Not just lose - they had it handed to them. THat can happen a few times early in the season, but at this point in the year, it's the sign of serious flaws.

And that's okay. I'm still remarkably impressed with the talent on this team, and it bodes well for the future. And... I'll root hard for the pack every week to beat whatever chumps they happen to be playing against! :thumbsup:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MM talked about it because he does not know what is needed to get there, he has never been there as a HC

A rookie HC has never been to the playoffs? Considering thats an impossibility due to the fact the playoffs arent even here yet..id....:head explodes due to stupid post:

Wow.

Wow.

Im glad my web browsers at home dont load packerforum.com

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
umair said:

Chicago 37
Seattle 6

True...but then again, the Bears have been dominant year after year so one can expect that, right?

Sure have dominated your ***** the last 6 ganes.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
Philtration said:
umair said:

Chicago 37
Seattle 6

thought it was taboo to talk about the past?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
NDPackerFan said:
Philtration said:
umair said:

Chicago 37
Seattle 6

Who brought it up?
How far back do you consider the past?
Packer fans like to see the past as 1994-2004.
They don't want to hear about the last 3 years and they don't want to hear about the the years between 1970 and 1992.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
Philtration said:
NDPackerFan said:
Philtration said:
umair said:

Chicago 37
Seattle 6

Who brought it up?
They don't want to hear about the last 3 years and they don't want to hear about the the years between 1970 and 1992.

from what i have seen on this board and others..When someone brings up the superbowl win, the division titles, and Bretts MVPs we are told ( and more often then not) from a Bears fan not to live in the history..

So either we can bring up those things and take the shots like the past 6 games from you, or no one is suppose to mention any past seasons..

You never posted anything stating that we shouldnt live in the past now have ya?

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
longtimefan said:
Philtration said:
NDPackerFan said:
Philtration said:
umair said:

Chicago 37
Seattle 6

Who brought it up?

from what i have seen on this board and others..When someone brings up the superbowl win, the division titles, and Bretts MVPs we are told ( and more often then not) from a Bears fan not to live in the history..

So either we can bring up those things and take the shots like the past 6 games from you, or no one is suppose to mention any past seasons..

You never posted anything stating that we shouldnt live in the past now have ya?

I acknowledge the past. I respect it. I even learn from it but I do not live in it.
There are plenty of people right here in this forum that go into a Packer history fog as soon as the Bears or Vikings win 2 games in a row.
You start with the whole "How many Super Bowl trophies are in the Vikings case?" or the now played out "How many times has Favre burned the Bears?" routine.

Lets stick to the present and the near future then.
The Bears are a much better team than the Packer right now and should be for several years to come.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
Philtration said:
longtimefan said:
Philtration said:
NDPackerFan said:
Philtration said:
umair said:

Chicago 37
Seattle 6

Who brought it up?

I acknowledge the past. I respect it. I even learn from it but I do not live in it.
There are plenty of people right here in this forum that go into a Packer history fog as soon as the Bears or Vikings win 2 games in a row.
You start with the whole "How many Super Bowl trophies are in the Vikings case?" or the now played out "How many times has Favre burned the Bears?" routine.

Lets stick to the present and the near future then.
The Bears are a much better team than the Packer right now and should be for several years to come.

I agree

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts