XFL

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Names aside, I wonder how ol' Vince plans to make this more interesting. I heard the games would be shorter (probably less adverts)

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
XFL has a 25-second play clock compared to the NFL's 40-second play clock

--------------

Players need just one foot in bounds instead of two, makes it easier to determine catches, leading to faster reviews

--------------

Players can not move until the ball is caught by the returner. Similarly, on punts, the punting team cannot release past the line of scrimmage until the ball is kicked.

--------------

XFL is not doing field goals for extra points. Instead, they have a three-tiered point system for teams following touchdowns. It's actually very simple and is broken down as such:
  • 1 point: Run a play from the 2-yard line
  • 2 points: Run a play from the 5-yard line
  • 3 points: Run a play from the 10-yard line
No kicking points are allowed. If the defense returns a turnover, they get however many points the team on offense was going for.

--------------

Overtime shall consist of 5 “Rounds”, staged in alternating single-play possessions as is customary in NHL shootouts or MLS penalty kicks. A “Round” will consist of one offensive play per team. Each possession starts at the opponent’s 5-yard line and the offensive team has one play to score. The team with more points after 5 rounds is the winner.

--------------

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl...offs-explained-nfl/1if7a6vb6kb271966993zxdynx

Not bad at all. I like these!

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You know what would make the XFL stick, make it college aged kids. Try to take over the NCAA and pay kids to play. Bet it would get huge quick instead of getting NFL cast offs.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know what would make the XFL stick, make it college aged kids. Try to take over the NCAA and pay kids to play. Bet it would get huge quick instead of getting NFL cast offs.
I don't know, I think trying to overtake the long entrenched rivalries of college ball would be difficult. and the XFL doesn't have the boosters that college ball does either. They build and fill 80-100K seat stadiums. I bet XFL is going to be lucky to draw 30K .Kids are going to be getting paid more in college than before and even NFL castoffs are going to beat out 19 year old kids out of HS and it won't even be close.

OP
OP
XPack

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obvious argument would be that it'd be in expense of education. I doubt they'd get much support.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching the NY Guardians and DC Defenders right now. Kinda a sloppy one, but funny what Matt McGloin says at halftime.

"We gotta change the whole entire game plan" lol

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On another note, I think the NFL should move kickoffs back to the 30 but borrow the XFL's alignment for that. Players are lined up across from each other with no wedge, deep in opponents territory and can't start till after the returner has the ball. Seems like it's been a good safety measure so far.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On another note, I think the NFL should move kickoffs back to the 30 but borrow the XFL's alignment for that. Players are lined up across from each other with no wedge, deep in opponents territory and can't start till after the returner has the ball. Seems like it's been a good safety measure so far.
Everyone seems to like the XFL's kickoff rules. I haven't heard anyone say they didn't.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Am I just biased or does it seem like there are a lot of ex-Packers in the XFL?

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Watched my first XFL game today LA and Dallas interesting rules as covered by Xpack, don’t think the NFL will adopt any of these, the KO definitely gives the receiving team advantages, going for up to 3pts after a TD I can’t see it in the NFL, but who knows with the almighty dollar and ratings in play, I could have sworn one of the Dallas coaches looked like Jerry Springer.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the XFL just went bankrupt thanks to Covid-19, there goes that.
Kind of a shame. I would have liked to have seen if it would have survived on its own merits. All that money, all that preparation, just to be blindsided by the pandemic.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts