1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

X-mas shopping sucks

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Oshkoshpackfan, Dec 20, 2013.

1. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    So..... 90% of my shopping was done & wrapped by yesterday. I had to go to wal-mart to pick up an online order that finally came in last night. That all went fine and dandy. I was going over my xmas funds and realized that I still had $240 left to spend. So I went to the video game section and was looking for games for my 2 boys. I got my 11 year old the latest madden25 game and also NBA 2K14, so he should be extra set for gifts. While looking around for my 6 year old, who likes his wii console the best, I saw that mario cart steering wheel up on a top shelf. He does not have that wheel for his racing games so I decided to use my height and grab it from the top shelf.....WELL... low and behold and old(er) lady was standing off to the side and saw me do this. She went complete bezerk on me !!!! She said that " that is my wheel, I am waiting for a store clerk to get it for me" and proceeded to call me every name in the book because I didnt ask a clerk, I used my height advantage to just get the damn thing. Now, if she had been polite about it, I would have easily just said "my bad" and handed it to her. But, since she wanted to be a crusty old b*tch about it, I proceeded to walk away. She then followed me, yelling at me " he took that from me", "he stole that". So now I am getting pissed and embarrassed. I went to the cashier to pay for it and she jumped ahead of me and told the clerk that it was hers and I took it from her...... holy sh!t what a crazy lady. Needless to say, the Mgr got involved and got BOTH sides of the story. I paid for it, got it and started to go on my way. She followed me out to my truck and proceeded to keep taunting me about this. She wrote down my plate number and said she was calling the cops on me...LOL. That has been the one and only time I ever wanted to smack a woman, I didnt but she needed a life lesson indeed. From now on, ALL my shopping will be done online. to hell with crazy old farts.

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,268
    Season of good will my *** !!! Have a good Christmas Osh ;). She probably haunts houses at Halloween too.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    I have never seen such a persistant old woman..... thought maybe she was gunna try to shank me with a rusty pocket knife. lol

4. Zartan

Zartan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +222
    All for something easily obtained off ebay. If she really wanted it she could of gone to Gamestop. The Gamestop I frequent alot has loads of those racing wheels for the WII.

P.S NBA 2K14 is friggen amazing. I have it on my PS4 the graphics are out of the world.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Well, true... I should have just added to either my amazon order or my walmart order, but this was all last minute stuff with left over cash.

I wanted to get my kid a PS4, but that would have been his ONLY gift, that console is baller expensive. So, he got it for his PS3. That kid has a PS3, XBOX 360, and his grandpa got him an XBOX 1..... what a little turd..... I am jealous as hell. lol

6. scotscheese

scotscheese Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +201
    hahaha classic story osh, i do find over here that older persons are the ones that complain about the younger generations being less polite, but they are as rude if not worse, as if they have a god given right to expect preferential treatment

havin a wee chuckle at this though

• Like Like x 1
  7. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    Good for you for getting it.
    Crazy how she is accusing you for stealing it? LOL What a nutter.

How about a follow up Osh?
    Was it worth the crud you went through with that old bag?
    Is your kid loving it and playing with it?

8. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,453
    Follow up: Yes my 6 year old loves his gifts. He is one of those kids that is very easy to please and is thankful for what he gets. It was all worth it now.....hope that old hag slipped on the ice we recently got. lol.....no not really.....well maybe a little.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,674
    I bet she followed you home.
    Or else she reported your plate to the NSA.

Glad to know that JR likes it.

10. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +392
    I usually do my shopping w/about 3-5 days before Christmas

11. I_am_smoked_cheddar

I_am_smoked_cheddar Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I went to Old Navy 5 to 6 days before Xmas and bought everyone on my list really nice sweatshirts at 60% discount ! One stop shopping, saved a load of money, and everyone liked their gifts ! :tup:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,049
    Haven't been in Old Navy in forever. They sell NFL licensed sweatshirts now?

13. I_am_smoked_cheddar

I_am_smoked_cheddar Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    No NFL gear at Old Navy that I saw, but I may have missed it if there were. I did make out like a bandit though. :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Passepartout

Passepartout RIP Alison and Alison!

Ratings:
    +22
    My advice is to stop shopping very, very early. As I do in late summer, early fall. So that you don't have to mess with the hustle and bustle of the season. Unless you want to. As I do all of the shopping early.
    Plus I am single and don't have to mess with a husband or kids. Though I have in laws, siblings, parents, and nephews and nieces. But there is a difference between shopping if you are married or a single parents. Or shopping as a careful bachelorette!