WR Robinson Starts Serving Sentence.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WR Robinson serving probation violation sentence in Brown County

Press-Gazette

Green Bay Packers wide receiver Koren Robinson has started serving a sentence of approximately 45 days in Brown County for a probation violation in Minnesota, the Brown County Sheriff’s Department announced today.

On Monday, the Brown County Jail accepted a custody transfer for Robinson, who “went through the identical process as any other individual being incarcerated at the jail,” according to a press release from the Sheriff’s Department.

Robinson, 27, was screened and declared a minimum-security risk eligible for electronic monitoring. He will serve his sentence as an assistant to Dr. Patrick McKenzie, the Packers’ team physician, and Bellin Health Care.

The probation stems from a drunken-driving conviction in Washington state in 2005. His arrest last August in Minnesota on drunken-driving and escape charges violated that probation and led to a 90-day jail sentence he started serving in February.

Robinson also is serving a year’s suspension from the NFL for violations of its substance-abuse program. He can’t be reinstated before Sept. 18.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Koren was an ok WR for us here in his brief stint. Solid hands, he should be able to hold on to the soap.

my job is done here.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a note - not an opinion. I find it entertaining to watch the support poured out by fans for Koren while they bash other players such as a Ricky Williams. Suddenly, this guy can be as good as Walker etc.. The truth of the matter is that Koren Robinson was a drunk. He endangered countless numbers of lives while drinking and driving. I too hope Koren indeed turns his life around and produces for the team. But, can we keep in mind that other players with abuse issues, have caused far less danger and received more ridicule than Koren has in this forum? Where's the consistency?

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a note - not an opinion. I find it entertaining to watch the support poured out by fans for Koren while they bash other players such as a Ricky Williams. Suddenly, this guy can be as good as Walker etc.. The truth of the matter is that Koren Robinson was a drunk. He endangered countless numbers of lives while drinking and driving. I too hope Koren indeed turns his life around and produces for the team. But, can we keep in mind that other players with abuse issues, have caused far less danger and received more ridicule than Koren has in this forum? Where's the consistency?

Its because he's a Packer.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Williams was doing an illegal substance, while Robinson a legal one. Williams didn't want to give up the pot, and walked out on his team and contract. Thats 2 major differences.
BOTH are bad, and if under the influence of either, driving could kill someone.
All that said, if you read my posts about Williams, you will see that i WANT the guy to straighten his life out, and I DO wish the best for him. If you haven't already read my comments, go to the Ricky Williams thread and you will see what i am saying is true. I have remained consistant, reguardless if the guy is a "Packer" or not.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wish both guys the very best, and hope they turn around their lives. First they have to want to change. I hope Robinson does get reinstated so he can help our team out.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Clean or not, Koren will never be as good as Walker. He'd make it a good trio with Driver, Jennings and Robinson, but that's it. Do I want him playing for the Pack, yes, he'll make us better, but he'll never demand coverage from the best CB.

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Williams has shown no desire to quit his drug addiction nor loyalty to his team. Only after he was being pushed to return some of his signing bonus did he return to football.

Robinson has done everything asked of him since joining GB to straighten out his life and get back to playing football. There's a huge difference between only playing to make enough money to buy more pot and playing because you love the game.

Frankly I don't care what happens to Williams at this point, unless he's again provided further crazy exceptions from the NFL in order to play again. As to Robinson, I hope that he is successful in turning his life around and is able to reach his potential as a player for the Packers. Robinson's situation is more similar to Favre's pain medication addiction IMO and I thought that was handled very well.

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Timmons

how can u say that robinson will never be as good as walker

also u say he demand coverage from CB like DD gets all the time and against the pats for some plays he was triple covered

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Robinson can be a force. I think he will come out (if reinstated that is) and feel he has something to prove. The small amount he was able to play last year, he looked like he really wanted to do well.
If he has kept in shape and is football ready, he can be a real catch for the team. IF he keeps straight.

Members online

Latest posts