WR Question (Adarius Bowman)

Erick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year Adarius Bowman from Oklahoma State did not get drafted and did not sign as free agent. He is now with a Canadian League team.

He was by far one of the best WR's coming out of college, but he got busted with some pot before the draft.

My question is what is the chances that someone could/would pick him up now for a bargain? This years draft isn't filled with that many great WR's so why not?

By the way, I am a Oklahoma State fan and I definitely have a biased opinion.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My question is what is the chances that someone could/would pick him up now for a bargain? This years draft isn't filled with that many great WR's so why not?
That's just wrong. This year is FILLED with great WR prospects. There's predictions that 4-8 WR will be taken in the first round, as opposed to a record 0 last year.
I don't know anything about Adarius Bowman, but the last thing we need is WR...

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I agree with RS. This year is loaded with WR talent and depth. Crabtree, Maclin, Heyward-Bey, that kid from Rutgers (Kenny Britt sounds right). Beats the crap out of last year when Devin Thomas and Limas Sweed were the big names coming out. "Who?" you ask? Exactly.

OP
OP
Erick

Erick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fair enough. I have seen both Crabtree and Maclin in person. Crabtree is a freak of nature, the real deal. Maclin on the other hand is good, but what I would consider the Adarius Bowman Light. Big, strong and physical.

Dizzle498

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fair enough. I have seen both Crabtree and Maclin in person. Crabtree is a freak of nature, the real deal. Maclin on the other hand is good, but what I would consider the Adarius Bowman Light. Big, strong and physical.

I just looked it up cause I didn't remember Maclin being big and physical, he is only 6'1" and 200 lbs, fast as all get out, even Heyward-Bey is smaller than he looks on the field. If I had to pick I would grab Maclin, his return skills alone are worth it. Bay reminds me of that South Carolina receiver, who's name escapes me right now, who the Vikings drafted. Real fast straight forward, but not many moves.

Reaction score
alot of the good recievers are going in the first round because there are many teams that are in need of a big play recievers. But id say the only beast that is coming out is crabtree in the first round. the rest are kind of just mainly 40 yard dash beasts.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Bay reminds me of that South Carolina receiver, who's name escapes me right now, who the Vikings drafted. Real fast straight forward, but not many moves.
Sidney Rice ;)

And as far as the Packers taking a WR in round one, the only one I would accept is Crabtree because I think he could be our Calvin Johnson. I guess Maclin could be okay, but I think we have more pressing needs than a return man who could turn out to be just an average receiver.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sidney Rice ;)

And as far as the Packers taking a WR in round one, the only one I would accept is Crabtree because I think he could be our Calvin Johnson. I guess Maclin could be okay, but I think we have more pressing needs than a return man who could turn out to be just an average receiver.
He could turn out to be our Greg Jennings. Oh wait...:p

Members online

Latest posts