WR Jordy Nelson from Scouts.inc

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't see the need to go WR with the 1st pick but I watched his videos. This kid may become my favorite player before he is done. I kept thinking about Paul Coffman when I realized that he too can from K State.
I liked the video where he was surrounded by 6 defenders amd at least 4 of them were in on the tackle.

He reminds me of donald driver the way he changes direction and then requires 4 players to bring him down. He fights for the extra yard like Driver.

starpass

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Paul Coffmans son is a beast...at Mizzou...Chase Coffman...Great TE for next year....his other son is a back up QB for K-State...

BryanAschenbrenner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What do you guys think of having him gain about 15 pounds, then having him play an athletic TE? Just and idea to ponder.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Greg C. said:
That makes 3 second rounders in three years, doesn't it?

Not quite, Jennings was a second rounder, but Jones was a 3rd rounder.

However, the Packers have chosen a WR on day one 3 years in a row, which is surprising.

Greg C. said:
Looks like Ruvell will be the odd man out.

Perhaps not immediately, but maybe in the long run.

Ruvell and K-Rob are both entering the final year of their deals, and Ruvell is a bargain having signed his RFA tender.

The Pack could keep 6 WRs this year (Driver, Jennings, Jones, K-Rob, Martin, Nelson) and end up letting Ruvell leave at the end of the year, and resigning K-Rob to another cap-friendly deal.

Being the #6 WR fits my definition of "odd man out." It means that if everyone is healthy Ruvell won't be on the game day roster, and because he is not a kick returner it will be even harder for him to find a role on this team. So I think he will be cut unless Koren Robinson is traded or released. I thought Koren was going to finish the season on a high note, but he kind of disappeared in the playoffs, so it's hard to tell what his prospects are for this season. That bad knee continued to bother him all year.

Thanks, by the way, for the clarification on where Jones was drafted.

Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Being the #6 WR fits my definition of "odd man out." It means that if everyone is healthy Ruvell won't be on the game day roster, and because he is not a kick returner it will be even harder for him to find a role on this team. So I think he will be cut unless Koren Robinson is traded or released. I thought Koren was going to finish the season on a high note, but he kind of disappeared in the playoffs, so it's hard to tell what his prospects are for this season. That bad knee continued to bother him all year.

Thanks, by the way, for the clarification on where Jones was drafted.

Ah apologies, for some reason I assumed "odd man out" meant you were implying a release.

Good point raised about Koren, very interesting possibility that the off-season desire for a KR that could also be a functional WR might have been because the Packers don't expect K-Rob to last much longer.

Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
AADP, what do you mean when you say that Koren won't "last much longer?"

Considering the Packers play a lot in colder weather, and K-Rob seemingly had to miss time regularly each week to rest his knee, the Packers might be worried about how much longer K-Rob can continue to play in a place like Green Bay.

Perhaps the Packers feel that Koren might be able to get more usage from his body in a place that had warmer weather year round?

That might be trying to dig too deep into something, but I think Ted drafted Jordy clearly with something about the future in mind that led him to believe that we will need a WR.

Some article I read yesterday pointed out that last year at the start of the season we were without Greg and K-Rob and many considered us lacking in the WR dept. Interesting point, IMO.

Yeah I kind of jumped around a bit in this post. :D

fvre4mvp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw this pick on my phone and said who the hell is Jordy Nelson. Then again I remember 2 years ago saying who the hell is Greg Jennings.

favre2driver

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow, a great tough receiver. I think we should've gone with a CB or OT with this pick, but maybe TT thought this was a can't miss or something

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it possible that he could be a tight end candidate. He's a big dude with a big frame. At 220 and 6'2" he could grow into a 250 tight end with some speed.

OP
OP
A

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is it possible that he could be a tight end candidate. He's a big dude with a big frame. At 220 and 6'2" he could grow into a 250 tight end with some speed.
I doubt it, he actually has pretty good speed (4.5ish) and runs really good routes. He's 6-3, 217 and could grow into the 230ish range. Still, I like having him go over the middle as a slot possession WR over lining him up as a TE. Think a Joe Jurevicius type with a little more speed.

starpass

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard Jordy on the radio today in KC...he said GB is the perfect place for a small town town Kansas kid...He loves the fact that he is packer...I am proud to have Jordy in the Green and Gold...Welcome Jordy...may you be as successful in GB that you were at K- State...and more...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man.......i have learned not to judge TT's picks........from the little i have seen on this kid, he sure has the looks of something special!
I'm excited to see what he can do here!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
former walk on that can run, catch and THROW..I see a few trick plays this year!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
As a senior, Nelson connected on 62 percent of his passes for 1,029 yards and eight touchdowns. He rushed for 1,572 yards (9.8 avg) and scored 25 times on the ground that year.

In his junior campaign, he passed for 1,045 yards and rushed for 730 yards and 16 touchdowns.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
former walk on that can run, catch and THROW..I see a few trick plays this year!!
I like that too! The D won't know for sure whats coming next!
Remember a few years back when Favre threw the backwards pas to Bubba Franks, and Franks threw for a TD? Rodgers to Nelson to Jennings or Driver.......SWEET!

Members online

Latest posts