WR Jeff Janis, Saginaw Valley

H

HardRightEdge

He does a lot of body catching. I'd question his hands. Lower round project.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He does a lot of body catching. I'd question his hands. Lower round project.
Did u watch him at the combine, snatching them with his hands?
He will go somewhere between round 3 (like James Jones, Steve Smith did, and round 5 or 6 (like Driver or Colston did).

Ted has his eye on him.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I follow your advice from another thread and don´t believe anything that is being said in pre-draft talk. ;)
LOL, that's right.
That is just my prediction though, Teddy has his eye on him. Not making up any sources say stuff.....

H

HardRightEdge

He will go somewhere between round 3 (like James Jones, Steve Smith did, and round 5 or 6 (like Driver or Colston did).

Ted has his eye on him.
I recon Ted has his eye on about 300 guys.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I smell discrimination regarding Janis if he doesn't go by round 3 end.

D

Deleted member 6794

I smell discrimination regarding Janis if he doesn't go by round 3 end.

Combine or pro day numbers are part of a player evaluation, but it shouldn´t be the most important. It seems like you´re from the Al Davis fan tree and only take a look at those numbers, teams drafting players mainly based on these stats haven´t been very succesful though.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Combine or pro day numbers are part of a player evaluation, but it shouldn´t be the most important. It seems like you´re from the Al Davis fan tree and only take a look at those numbers, teams drafting players mainly based on these stats haven´t been very succesful though.
This guy used the speed and quickness and athletic ability that he showed in Indy, and racked up a ton of PRODUCTION on the football field.
Before his times in Indy were seen, his critics said, about all that production: YaBut he was doing that against slower competition, he's really not that fast or quick, etc.
Fact is he tested better than anyone else there factoring in the fact that he's also 6-3 and 219 pounds, not a little munchkin like 5-9, 5-10, 180 or 190 pounds.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He should be a good player could develop into faster jordy Nelson they almost identical size. But it won't be discrimination if he doesn't go before end of third. He did play against lesser competition and that counts for something despite his numbers I'm guessing he goes in 4th or 5th round.

D

Deleted member 6794

This guy used the speed and quickness and athletic ability that he showed in Indy, and racked up a ton of PRODUCTION on the football field.
Before his times in Indy were seen, his critics said, about all that production: YaBut he was doing that against slower competition, he's really not that fast or quick, etc.
Fact is he tested better than anyone else there factoring in the fact that he's also 6-3 and 219 pounds, not a little munchkin like 5-9, 5-10, 180 or 190 pounds.

Yeah, Janis had great production at a Division II college. He´s not a developed or elusive route runner and freelances a lot (exactly what Rodgers wants his receivers to do) and has average hand-eye coordination. In addition he´s limited after the catch.

He´ll be a late round pick.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Umm... Al Davis-> Ron Wolf-> Ted Thompson. We come directly from that tree, and are VERY heavily stat based.

OP
OP
FrankRizzo

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow, now we´re already comparing him to Jordy Nelson. :rolleyes:
The funny thing is he himself, JANIS, mentioned Jordy.
Said he "likes to compare his game to Jordy Nelson".

When the NFL discriminates against white people, particularily at the CB, WR, and HB position, you see this type of thing.

It's like Warren Moon says about QBs, except he's not seeing how it's changed in the NFL the past 25 years at that position.

D

Deleted member 6794

The funny thing is he himself, JANIS, mentioned Jordy.
Said he "likes to compare his game to Jordy Nelson".

I don´t care what Janis thinks about himself. I guarantee he will not produce numbers anywhere similar to Jordy´s in the NFL.

Dylan Hoppe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not racist in anyway but we wouldn't have so many of these Jordy comparisons if the dude was black. There's been combine numbers and size numbers that March Jordy every year since he's entered the league and I've never really heard anyone compare the prospects to him unless they were white.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not true another possible packers draft pick at WR Jordan Matthews who is also 6-3 215 or so and ran a 4.46 I believe has been compared to Nelson and he is black. They are just of similar size and speed as Nelson that in no way means anyone is saying they will be as good as Nelson in their rookie years or ever. that just means they could develop into a similar style of player as Nelson has developed into. Nelson is a top 5 NFL WR in my mind and no rookie I can remember since Randy Moss has been that.

H

HardRightEdge

Ted has his eye on him.
I did not see him at the Combine. However, at the Combine there is no fear of getting hit. In the highlight tape I see a guy who takes the ball to his body on just about every throw between the field numbers. Why is this bad? It slows the transition from catching the ball to running with it, and that is particularly in evidence in the Janis tape.

If a guy is afraid of exposing himself to Division II defenders what happens when he goes against NFL hitters?

I could see 5th. or 6th. round on the bet he can be "fixed".

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts